“mohonk mountain house”

Mohonk Mountain House
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in New Paltz
Reviewed 23 February 2012

The mohonk mountain house is an absolute gem in New York!
The rooms are absolutely beautiful and clean.
The 3 meals per day which were included in the price of the stay was absolutely outstanding.
The only drawback is it is alittle pricey.I hope to see a groupon discount soon.

Room Tip: The Tower suite is really designed for a couple only.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,107)

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I talk about this resort on my travel blog at http://katrinawoznicki.com/. The property and amenities are wonderful! We took advantage of a midweek family special, although this is by no means a budget hotel or for families traveling on budgets. But the scenery is worth the money and we definitely felt rejuvenated by the jaunt. It's a very family-friendly place, despite the fact there are matches left in every hotel room because each hotel room has its own fireplace. The food is fine--it caters to a common denominator audience--so it tastes good, but there aren't really any culinary surprises. I didn't get a chance to check out the award-winning spa, and the lack of snowfall prevented us from enjoying complimentary snow tubing and cross country skiing. Everyone onsite was extremely friendly and our room was even ready ahead of schedule. Would definitely recommend for families.

Room Tip: Mohonk is about 5 miles from town. If you're traveling with kids and want to save a little money...
2  Thank Kwoz
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This is the best resort in the Hudson valley. It's the real deal. Think The Breakers North

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Drove up wanting to check out hotel to maybe make a reservation for my anniversary this summer. The girl at the gate would not let us in. She was rude and nasty. I don't think I would ever stay here. Bad Karma

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Terri F
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We arrived on Thursday,just before the start of Presidents weekend. With our reservation in place- we were greeted at the gate and sent on to the resort (I appreciated the privacy factor for guests). As we arrived, our bags were handled quickly and the tip declined, reminding me it was "already taken care of for the stay". This became the moment I realized we were "all-included" with meals and activities. I sincere;ly enjoyed getting up from the table when ready and leaving to enjoy the activities. We hiked, went to the green house, the barn, sky top, went on the house tour, and looked for the ice skating rink. The spa was excellent, and I would recommend the "Indigo" treatment massage-wonderful !!
We will be returning with other members of our family.

Room Tip: We had a view of the lake and no fireplace due to allergies-very nice updated room with a balcony.
1  Thank Corinne B
Reviewed 15 February 2012

By far - this is my favorite place to visit - period! I have been visiting Mohonk since I was a little girl and every time I go back, I am reminded why I love it so much.
My boyfriend and I just came back from a 2 night stay (not nearly long enough) and we had a wonderful time.
When we arrived, someone helped unload our bags and we checked in. We could not get into our room until 4 PM (check in time) but we left our phone number with the front desk and they called when our room was ready. While we were waiting, we went on a hike, admired the picturesque grounds and then sat by the huge fire in the great room and read. Around 2:30, our room was ready and we went up to our (upgraded) room to find our luggage had been brought up, coats and shoes were put away in the closet and the room was perfect!
By 4 PM tea time, we already had a full day and were ready to enjoy our next few days of heaven.
The dinners were great and the wine list good. This is the type of place you can honestly unwind - there is free wi-fi, but no TVs in the rooms; so you are forced to unplug, somewhat. If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the daily grind in a pristine setting to spend quality time with family, the hotel is staffed with happy staff and friendly guests.

It is so worth the expense!

Room Tip: Request a lake side room on a high floor and a balcony. If you can swing it, get a fireplace in the...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Came up wanting to just look around and possibly make a reservation for a future stay, the two women at the gatehouse were nasty and downright rude. The manager, Robin, treated me as if she was better than me. the other woman Dania (sp) is a puppet, she couldn't make a decision if she had to. I got told I had to hand over my driver's license in order to get a one hour pass. when I refused to do so I was pretty much told then i could not go in. been there beofre until they get nice people don't think i will go back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
New Paltz Hostel
New Paltz Hostel
#1 of 2 in New Paltz
Stonegate Bed and Breakfast

Been to Mohonk Mountain House? Share your experiences!