I had spent a week at the awful Hilton New York for work with my fiancé last year, after which he took me for a long weekend away to Mohonk.
The drive up was lovely and the hotel was a breathtaking change from the fast pace of New York.
The weather was cold, the wood fire was burning, the staff were welcoming . Every afternoon there are fresh cookies and coffee served downstairs.
There are great walks and tracks around the grounds
The food is buffet style for lunch and a la carte for dinner. The food was good, nothing to amazing but definitely good food.
The spa was fantastic. It was unisex and had all amenities one needs from a good spa.
my massage was the perfect balance of deep tissue and relaxing. the hot water spring style poor outside was also great with breathtaking views of the mountains.
There was "dirty Dancing" feel about the whole place and you can see how it was exactly as Baby would have remembered it back in the day.
perfect for both family and couples only holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel, built in the 1860's and filled with charm...ideal for families in summer. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Mohonk House
- Mohonk Mountain Hotel
- Mohonk New Paltz
- Mohawk Mountain House
- Mohonk Mountain House New Paltz Ny
- Mohonk Mountain House New Paltz New York
- Mohonk Mountain New Paltz
- New Paltz Mohonk Mountain House Resort
- Mohonk Hotel New York
- Mohonk Mountain House New York/New Paltz