Mohonk Mountain House
US$225
US$104
US$93
QualityInn
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,155 results
All reviewsice skatingrocking chairsvictorian roomovernight gueststhree meals a daykids clubhiking trailsspa treatmentsindoor poolworking fireplacebuffet stylesmiley familyvisited mohonklemon squeezecarriage loungepaddle boatsrock scramble
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Let me start by saying that I don't know where the one reviewer stayed who spoke about Mohonk "desperately needing renovation", with "carpeting and curtain ..downright dirty and dingy" and "hallways ...littered with old, poorly hung and dingy photos"--this is not the Mohonk that I have stayed at every year (at least once or twice) since 2000! This grand 145 year old hotel is constantly undergoing extensive renovations both inside and out. My family & I stayed at Mohonk over Easter weekend in rooms that were recently renovated and just absolutely elegant (and spotless, as is the rest of the hotel!!!). We always enjoy the photos in the hallway (beautifully hung, I might add)--they tell Mohonk's story and show off the beauty of the property--we particularly like the series of photos from back in the day when Mohonk was a boys' school, and also Cousin Brucie's photo of the Mountainhouse outside the spa ! Oh, the spa---to die for! We thoroughly enjoyed our spa services--and the hot tub, too--met some very interesting people in the hot tub!

The staff at Mohonk is always friendly, professional, knowledgeable and helpful! The dining experience is always wonderful at Mohonk, however I do wish that the chef wouldn't use onions in everything---even in dishes where you wouldn't think there would be onions---there are! If you don't like onions or can't eat them, you need to ask your server how the dish is prepared. The good news is that there are no onions in the desserts!

If there is a downside to Mohonk, it is that it is very pricey. We did have an issue with our bar bill and also our room bill, so be sure to look over your bills carefully.

We look forward to returning to Mohonk, perhaps in the summer to enjoy the gardens and the outdoor activities. The outdoor barbeque area (the Granery) is a good reason to return in the summer!

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated room!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ally54
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have a very mixed review. The hotel was interesting but old and desperately needing renovation. The property outside was beautiful and well maintained but our room, not so much. The carpeting and curtain were downright dirty and dingy, the faucet leaked and the transom was duct taped closed. Being people who are usually too warm, we froze in our room and had to ask for extra blankets. Two twin beds poorly merged together should not be sold as a King bed. Also, the headboard was placed in front of a connecting door, requiring a buffer blanket to keep it from knocking all night. The ventilation system did not seem to react at all to our thermostat settings.

The food was delicious and the activities offered were fun, especially the adult Easter egg hunt. Wait staff were excellent yet the hosts were unfriendly. The activities staff were funny and engaging yet more than a few were unable to give us directions.

The pool and dining room were lovely and updated, the hallways to both were littered with old, poorly hung and dingy photos. I liked the history they hinted at but would have liked to see them mixed with some visually appealing art.

Considering the cost, I expected at least a little bit of luxury and personal service. That wasn't delivered. Clearly what I paid for was the upkeep of this aging property.

In sum, charge more and deliver a truly exceptional experience or charge less in line with what the experience is worth. Either way, I wish them success as the property itself is a treasure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Ebheys
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I came here on a weekend getaway in the off-season and it was still beautiful but kinda pricey.

That said, the accommodations and staff are incredible. They give free tours of the place and it is well worth it. The grounds are very well kept and the history is interesting. Have yet to find another place that beats the view from the restaurant during sunset. Just gorgeous!

Would love to come back if they have some specials. Also note that you can gain access to the grounds if you book a spa service, so next time I might stay in town and just spend a day here instead of the whole weekend. Hope that helps!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yedilala
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I just came back from Mohonk where I only stayed one night over the weekend with my husband. The whole experience was fantastic. The staff was very friendly, our room spacious and very clean (it was in the new green section, I am not sure what the older rooms look like). The grounds are spectacular and neatly kept. I took yoga and meditation classes (included in the stay) and enjoyed those very much too. The dinner in the formal dining room was pretty good, but I wasn't very impressed with the buffet lunch. We only used the meals included in our room price because we don't believe their buffet lunch is worth the $90 for two you would be charged for. That would be my only disappointment. I will certainly go back and I will recommend this place to friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Valentina B
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is my second visit to Mohonk. The first was during the summer with my husband, this time early spring for a girlfriends getaway. Everything about Mohonk is charming. The rooms are all cozy and some even have wood burning fireplaces. The weather was wet and foggy while we were there, but we still enjoyed opening the door to our private balcony and enjoying the spring air. The rooms were very clean and the beds comfortable. The food is delicious, the spa is spotless and the pool area is also very clean. Everyone on the staff is just lovely. Prices can be on the high side, but you really do get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms are quieter, especially in the summer when the lake is being used, but every room I've seen is terrific.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends