Booked a spa getaway with 5 of my friends, they were very accomodating in terms of scheduling our treatments at the same time, but that was the extent of it. As we booked two weeks prior to getting there, we were unable to secure lodging in the hotel. We were unable to secure reservations at the restaurant either. There was a big difference in the way "day guests" are treated. The hotel offered a number of seminars that as day guest we were unable to attend. They did offer programs that you pay for; we wanted to attend the chocolate and wine tasting experience, but were closed out of that as well. When we tried to register at the desk, the clerk was unable to connect us with the right person, we were asked to leave a cell number and told someone would call back... I'm still waiting for the phone call. Day guests cannot use the indoor pool unless they pay an additional fee of $25.00.
The outside grounds are truly spectacular, but the inside of the manor is need of some updating. The carpets were filthy and there were very few signs indicating where anything was. The actual spa has been modernized, however everything is small in scale. There were only three showers and people were lined up outside the stalls to use them. The rows of lockers are so close together that you can elbow the person next to you if you are not careful. The so called "mineral bath" is a small jacuzzi tub that fits ten people at most. The pre-treatment waiting area is an electronic free zone. A lady nearby was asked to put her laptop back in her room, but conducting a conversation at the decibels one would use to communicate in Grand Central Station is apparently acceptable.
All the members of my party were pleased with their respective treatments, and the treatment rooms were very nice. Overall, I felt this place was just ok, was actually glad we did not stay over.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel, built in the 1860's and filled with charm...ideal for families in summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Mohonk Mountain House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mohonk House
- Mohonk Mountain Hotel
- Mohonk New Paltz
- Mohawk Mountain House
- Mohonk Mountain House New Paltz Ny
- Mohonk Mountain House New Paltz New York
- Mohonk Mountain New Paltz
- New Paltz Mohonk Mountain House Resort
- Mohonk Hotel New York
- Mohonk Mountain House New York/New Paltz