My daughter and I spent three days at the beautiful Mohone Mountain Resort earlier this May. The service was excellent, especially in the dining room where any request was taken care of within seconds. The food was very good, with an excellent variety and many healthy choices. Everything was labled, so you could see what was gluten free, vegan, etc. We had a table for two at every meal that was by a window with a great view.
Our room was lovely and had a blacony with rocking chairs. Each floor has many private-type and comfy seating areas along with very interesting photos and objects of interest.
The grounds are spectacular. Many miles of hiking trails, a beautiful lake (with free usage of paddleboats, kyaks and rowboats).
The indoor pool was very nice (heated to 84 degrees) as was the exercise studio where I took a Zumba and stretch/tone class (also included in the price).
Afternoon tea and cookies was a nice added addition and was very relaxing.
We went to an evening entertainment one night - a local writer reading his amusing published works on marriage and kids. Fun!
Though the stay was pricey ($509 per night plus gratuity and taxes) - it was certainly worth it! We had a wonderful time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel, built in the 1860's and filled with charm...ideal for families in summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mohonk Mountain House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mohonk House
- Mohonk Mountain Hotel
- Mohonk New Paltz
- Mohawk Mountain House
- Mohonk Mountain House New Paltz Ny
- Mohonk Mountain House New Paltz New York
- Mohonk Mountain New Paltz
- New Paltz Mohonk Mountain House Resort
- Mohonk Hotel New York
- Mohonk Mountain House New York/New Paltz