Mohonk is a beautiful setting for anyone who loves the great outdoors. The resort is very old but kept up extremely well. It is so fun to walk around and see the antiques in use. The rooms we had were clean and spacious. We were in the recently renovated section. There are various styles, such as Victorian décor. Our had 2 additional chairs and a desk. We were on the 3rd floor and had no issues however, my sister-in-law was near the ice machine and that was a bit noisy. I also loved that there are little seating areas all around that you can go to play games or visit. There is a ton of activities to do, some are included and some for a price. For example, you can play disc golf. It was an additional $10, but that was just to buy the disc. If we had brought our own, no charge. (you keep them after your are done) My kids loved the paddle boarding, (no additional charge) and there are kayaks, row boats, and paddle boats. Lovely pool, the spa was nice and there are all sorts of hiking trails for all levels of expertise. WE also took a nice horse back ride. (additional fee) There is evening entertainment of some kind, usually a movie and in the summer they hold a Festival of the Arts with different people/groups in each evening. There is a daily tour of the Mountain House which was very interesting and if you are more interested in the history, the barn is FULL of items used in prior days. The history is pretty amazing. I haven't listed all there is to do, suffice it to say, we were busy.
We loved the food, the buffet was very nice, my only thought was the food could be hotter. The formal dinners were great. Great service, great food! We liked the food at the Granary, an outdoor barbeque lunch down by the lake as well. They have afternoon cookies and tea on the porch and cocktail hour out there as well. All in all, we had a great time and would love to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel, built in the 1860's and filled with charm...ideal for families in summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Mohonk Mountain House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mohonk House
- Mohonk Mountain Hotel
- Mohonk New Paltz
- Mohawk Mountain House
- Mohonk Mountain House New Paltz Ny
- Mohonk Mountain House New Paltz New York
- Mohonk Mountain New Paltz
- New Paltz Mohonk Mountain House Resort
- Mohonk Hotel New York
- Mohonk Mountain House New York/New Paltz