All you need for a fantastic stay here is good weather, so you can enjoy all the amazing activities on this unbelievable property. The resort is nestled around a lovely lake, with an assortment of non-motorized boating for the family to enjoy, and surrounded by picturesque mountains, and limitless hiking trails and rock scramblers, for people of all athletic ability levels. If you would rather bike than walk the carriage trails, you can rent bikes, or ride a horse drawn carriage around the grounds. There is also a beautiful indoor pool, numerous tennis courts, basketball, a swimming area in the lake, and many other activities for families/couples that I am forgetting to name.
Although the resort itself looks fairly dated in certain areas, and could use a facelift on the exterior in certain parts, the Spa looks like it could be in a Ritz Carlton, with a beautiful private outdoor jacuzzi, and a lovely veranda to enjoy while waiting for your treatment. The fitness center is also very nice and updated. The resort is a "mostly inclusive" in that most of the activities are included in the price, and all the food is included, but not the alcohol. Unlike other "all-inclusives" I have been too- like Turks and Caicos Beaches Resort, the food here was much better quality, especially in the adult-only formal dining room. I had salmon and sea bass that were both excellent. The breakfast buffet had everything you could ever want to eat (and then some) and the outdoor lunch BBQ, set on a Mountain overlooking the lake, was very good, and a lovely venue.
If there was anything that could be improved, it would be their entertainment at night, which is dated (especially for the kids), and there is no TV in the guest rooms, so better entertainment would have been nice...The guest rooms are not that spectacular, but they are perfectly fine- a little small compared to what we are used to for an expensive resort. Last, a nice touch would have been to provide some free water bottles, or have more free non-alcoholic drinks and snacks in some of the common rooms throughout the day.
Overall though, we will surely be back. I have been here several times- for a corporate outing, an extended family vacation, a 50th birthday party, and just a couple's getaway, and loved my stay every time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel, built in the 1860's and filled with charm...ideal for families in summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U. and Priceline so you can book your Mohonk Mountain House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mohonk House
- Mohonk Mountain Hotel
- Mohonk New Paltz
- Mohawk Mountain House
- Mohonk Mountain House New Paltz Ny
- Mohonk Mountain New Paltz
- Mohonk Mountain House New Paltz New York
- New Paltz Mohonk Mountain House Resort
- Mohonk Hotel New York
- Mohonk Mountain House New York/New Paltz