“Fine hotel when you need to stay in the area”

Residence Inn New Rochelle
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Rochelle
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My daughter attends college in the Bronx so whenever we visit her, we stay in this hotel since it's only 15 minutes away and a much better option than the hotels in the Bronx. The rooms are typical Residence Inn - king size bed in the bedroom, nicely equipped kitchen area and a living room. They always have a bag of microwave popcorn in the room which is great when we check in late and have the munchies. The biggest problem here is the parking. There is an adjacent parking lot with assigned spaces for Marriott guests. However, when I checked in at 10 pm on a Friday night, the parking lot was a mad house since it's primary purpose is for the entertainment complex next door with movies, bars, etc. I drove around for 30 minutes with no luck finding a spot assigned to Marriott guests. I went back to the front desk and was told there was nothing they could do about it since they lease the spaces and the garage does not do a good job patrolling the garage and making sure non-Marriott guests are not in their spots. When I asked how much it would cost to park in one of the metered spaces, the front desk clerk said she had no idea. I ended up parking in a metered spot without paying and went back down to the garage at midnight to see if I could move my car. After another 10 minutes of driving around the garage, a spot opened up which I grabbed. For what this hotel charges, I can't believe they don't have a better handle on the parking.

Also, I have been staying here a few times a year for the past few years and the free breakfast has badly deteriorated. The last time I was there two weeks ago, there was no fresh fruit, no small cartons of milk for cereal (only a gallon of whole milk to use), the soda machine was broken, and the place was dirty. Thank heaven I only need to stay here one more time since my daughter is graduating!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed here in April with my wife and teenage daughter. Excellent staff in terms of knowledge, friendliness and helpfulness. Received an upgraded room and a welcome gift. Parking in the adjacent covered garage was free. Breakfast was free and good (better than the average Residence Inn). Internet is also free. Next to huge entertainment complex. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Danielle S, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comment! We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 26 April 2012

We stayed here for several weeks. Awesome 3-star hotel. Shows some age, but easily made up for by other things.
Hotel is located in very center of downtown withing walking distance to every food, entertainment and recreation imaginable.
Management is completely engaged and present here, and the staff friendly and very accommodating.
this is truly a residence inn, feels like home as much as a hotel can.
Kitchens in every room, buffet breakfast included every day and light dinner on weeknights in the 10th floor great room with killer views out over the sound to Long Island.
Computers, printers available 24-7. free internet access.
parking is covered and within steps of the door.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review! We have an amazing staff here at the Residence Inn. As a team we love to hear what our guests have to say about our property. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I've been staying here off and on for the last six years, Monday thru Friday, and I'm very please with the hotel. I'm always greeted by a friendly and accommodating staff. The hotel recently went through some upgrades and some of the biggest for me are the WiFi, flat screens, and updated furniture. The eating area on the tenth floor is a nice touch; I grab breakfast on the run every morning and unwind every evening with a nice meal. The rooms are always clean and well equipped....and if and when there's ever an issues with the room; it's handle in a timely manner. I stay in a lot of hotels for work and I have to say the housekeeping is top notch.....I never had any issues! It's 2-3 blocks from the train station, this is very convenient.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to visit NYC on business or pleasure!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 22 April 2012

The duct tape holding together the hotel’s sign on the sidewalk should be a clue.

First, the good news – all the staff was very friendly and usually helpful.

The bad news:

-Don’t get a room along Huguenot Street, it is very noisy.
-Rooms are in despite need of maintenance and renovation; the HVAC is very noisy, TV remote did not work (probably just needed batteries), lamps shade was stained.
-King size bed, but sheets and blanket barely were wide enough. Once you got into bed, they weren’t wide enough.
-One side of bed did not have night stand or lamp.
-Web access, if you have a network cord (not WiFi, which is only in lobby).
-Free cookies in late afternoon, but “they run out fast” and staff makes no attempt to provide more.
-Free breakfast is a joke: very limited items, soda machine did not work for our entire stay with no thought of providing soda in bottles or cans.
-Noisy crowds outside hotel especially on weekend nights.
-Computers for information and printing out boarding passes did not work (staff did print them out for us).

If you must stay in New Rochelle there are only two choices, perhaps the other hotel is better?

2  Thank Cat-TL++
Reviewed 22 April 2012

While we arrived a good 1.5 hours after allowed check in time and were told that our room was not ready, we were politely and quickly accommodated by Manny the front desk clerk who comped our parking and upgraded our room. The room is huge and quiet and clean? Who could ask for anything more on a two night stay outside of NYC. Exercise room was a little disappointing however.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

This property needs security in the lobby! Traveling alone on business and there were lots of characters HANGING around the lobby each time I went there to meet with my colleague before going out. Loud, obnoxious kids and the front desk person did nothing.
Come on! You don't pay these rates to feel uncomfortable when traveling. Get it together! Customers First!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Residence Inn by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Renaissance Westchester Hotel

Been to Residence Inn New Rochelle? Share your experiences!