“Nice hotel”

Residence Inn New Rochelle
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Rochelle
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Very friendly staff! Check in was very easy and the room was excellent. Very clean and well appointed. Free breakfast was very good and the hotel is in a convenient location. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear Pvh16,

Thank you for your wonderful review about your stay here at the Residence Inn- New Rochelle. Our staff strives to exceed our guests expectations each and everyday! We hope when you travel back to New Rochelle we see you again!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Spent three nights here, took the train into Manhattan each day, returned around 4PM. Train is three block walk, very convenient. It takes about 1/2 hour to get to Grand Central. Small shops surround the hotel with local flavor. Good breakfast, quiet suite with two TVs. Staff was very helpful and accomodating. Attached to a fun center with movies, bowling, mini golf, etc. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shimizuMinnesota

Dear shimizuMinnesota,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at the Residence Inn-New Rochelle. I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location with our accessibility to the Metro North Train Station. Hopefully you were able to have some fun in New Roc City also!

We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to New Rochelle!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

What makes our event special is the service provided by the Sales Coordinator, Najwa Sobti. She has been very accommodating with everything we need to make our event successful. Front desks are very warm and always try to accommodate even though the hotel is always busy. Very clean, and what makes it nice is, it's close to I-95, train station, the mall, restaurants and any other activities that you're looking for. The facility on the 10th floor is also open for anybody who is staying in the hotel if they want to just lounge or do some work. Would recommend to anybody.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Paola,

Thank you so much for your kind words! Najwa certainly is an asset to our team here and we are so appreciative to have her. As the Sales Coordinator she has the opportunity to work with our guests who need meeting space, and handles all groups for the hotel. Her positive, friendly 'can do' attitude is the Marriott New Rochelle way!

We look forward to seeing you soon!
Thank you!!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We booked 4 rooms for a business trip, we each put the rooms on our own credit card, the trip was canceled a week in advance, but for some reason my card was charged $230 for a "no show" fee. When I called to try to correct the mistake the women who answered had a serious attitude and told me I was a "no show". I explained that we had booked 4 rooms, and I was a part of a group, I explained that the rooms were canceled over a week in advance. I was told a manager would have to get back to me. After several calls and 3 weeks later, I have yet to speak to "the manager" who can fix this issue. Maybe this review will get your attention, maybe not, either way, don't give them your card number unless you want unauthorized charges.

Room Tip: Don't give them your credit card info.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Brent W

Dear Brent,

Thank you taking time to share your expereince with our hotel and TripAdvisor. I do apologize if there was any miscommunication with your reservation/cancellation. I have brought this issue to my leadership team and we are not familiar with any messages regarding fees for you. I would be happy to speak with you personally and investigate the history of this situation.
Please call me at your earliest convenience.

General Manger

Reviewed 13 October 2013

For our stay our next door neighbor was a barking dog. On our last night the barking was constant prompting three calls to the night manager who responded with "don't worry about it". We'll I did worry about it as at 1 AM the alternative presented was to move rooms! The right solution was to actually remove the dog, not relocate a platinum member guest. Our reservation was also cancelled two consecutive days by email prompting the question. why is this happening to a long time Marriott member? The inconvenience of twice having to resolve this first thing upon waking up was very puzzling and disappointing.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ken H
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Ken H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Residence Inn, New Rochelle. I am so sorry that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to not only meet your standards but to exceed every guest's wishes! My team is dedicated to your satisfaction and strives to go the extra mile for every one, every day. I can understand that a pet near by may have been a nusaince for you - we are a pet friendly hotel as we want every member of the family to be able to thrive on long stays. It is very uncommon that we have a problematic pet here, and I apologize that we were not able to fix that in a sufficient amount of time. I would really like to discuss this matter further with you, and have an opportunity to look in to the history of your reservation to learn what happened with your cancellation.

I would truly like the chance to learn more about your stay and speak with you personally. I can be reached via email at NewRochelleGM@IH-Corp.com, or by phone at 914 636 7888.

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn, New Rochelle, I look forward to speaking with you in the near future!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Upon check-in, we were upgraded to a 10th corner floor suite and were very pleased. Warm fresh baked cookies were offered at at the front desk not only at check-in but throughout our stay. We had a lovely view of the Sound, and the suite was very clean and well appointed. The front desk staff was very friendly at all times and exceptionally helpful in making great recommendations. Our suite was on the same level as the lounge, which was was very convenient for breakfast. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Angela,

Thank you so much for your kind words! Our hotel is in a fantastic location, just one mile from the Long Island Sound with amazing views from our Hearthroom where the complimentary breakfast is served daily. Our team here is skilled and well trained to meet Marriott's high standards of cleanliness and service; I thank you for taking a moment to comment on that.

I have shared your comments with my team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

If I may be of any assistance to you making a new reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warm Wishes,

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed at the New Rochelle Residence Inn in September, 2013, for two nights. We were in town for a wedding. After some of the reviews on here, I was a little leery about what we may find. However, I was very pleasantly surprised. The premises is quite nice. Our room was delightful - very big, clean, with a kitchen. It served our needs nicely.

We didn't use the kitchen, so I can't comment on what was provided.

The front staff wasn't necessarily the friendliest I've ever dealt with, but it was incredibly late at night when I needed assistance.

The area...we didn't do a lot of exploring. But there was a movie theater nearby, and not far from the train station to get into NYC. The price was a little high, but for the proximity to NYC I suppose it wasn't terrible.

I'd stay there again if my travels brought me back to New Rochelle, but I don't anticipate that happening any time soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Kelee79,

Thank you so much for posting your experience at the Residence Inn, New Rochelle on TripAdvisor! Your kind words about our facility will be brought to our daily meetings and reviewed with my entire team! We do pride ourselves on a quality product, excellent location and exceeding the guests expectations. I am so happy we were able to do that for you!

Should your travels ever bring you back to New Rochelle - we would be happy to welcome you back!

Warm Regards,

Renaissance Westchester Hotel
Royal Regency Hotel
Royal Regency Hotel
#4 of 7 in Yonkers

Been to Residence Inn New Rochelle? Share your experiences!