“It was so nice we stayed an extra night”

Residence Inn New Rochelle
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Rochelle
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We had a suite with kitchen and living room. Very clean and fully equipped. They are pet friendly. The staff was very friendly. We liked it so much there that we decided to stay an extra night in their oh so comfortable beds. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank AneJul
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear AneJul,

Thank you so very much for your kind words and review. It's always nice to heaar that our guests wish they can stay longer - and sometimes DO! We are happy to provide super comfy beds, and even happier to deliver great service!

Enjoy your summer - we hope to see you again soon!

All the Best,

Danielle Stumpf

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We booked this hotel for the first time , we were coming to New York for a family party . I had spoken to Kelly upon booking and she was fabulous, she made sure we were well taken care of . The breakfast is decent , not too many options but it's plenty to start your day with . We overall enjoyed our stay. The rooms were very nice and new and the bed was super comfortable , I felt like I was at home with the full kitchen... Very handy when you are travelling with 2 small children . My youngest daughter who is 2 1/2 is very allergic to peanuts and on a daily I am very careful of what she eats , and in the hotel eating area there are signs that if you have any allergies please let them know . So I was shocked when we were checking out that a staff member at the front counter would hand my kids an Easter egg filled with candies/chocolates without asking me first . I asked her what was inside and she told me little chocolate eggs . I was signing check out papers and the kids ran off with their dad to load the car with our belongings ... Just 2 minutes later I come out to see my 2 year old playing with the egg in her car seat, she takes a bite of one and I take it from her to check it and realized it was peanut butter filled eggs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To save all the details, she was choking and vomiting and couldn't breathe so I had to give her her epi pen and rush her to the emergency room , where she was taken in right away and given an IV :( and drugs to open airways and spend 5 hours to flush it out of her system threw IV fluids :((((((((( I've been trying everyday to get a hold of the manager and after leaving 3 messages and calling everyday she called me back on the Friday april25th, and told me she would call me on the Monday , I have yet to hear from anyone !!!!!!!!! I called back yesterday and left another message for Danielle , and am still waiting !!!!! This is a very serious matter, my child could have died if it weren't for the epi pen.... And emergency room near by..... I hope that a big hotel chain like this is aware of the seriousness of this , and that peanut products should NEVER be handed out to children without a label or warning ...... We had to come out of pocket 200$$$ for the meds she needed once released from hospital so I am hoping that the hotel has compassion and will compensate for our misfortune !!!!! We had a 9 hour drive ahead of us after that ordeal , so I was pretty stressed out to say the least !!! Hope to hear from Management ASAP! Thank you ! Mel from Toronto !

Room Tip: We stayed in room 822 , nice and quiet .
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Melanie D
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Melanie,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our team and your stay at the Residence Inn, New Rochelle. I would like to continue discussing this experience with you, unfortunately the number I have for you has a full voicemail box and I am unable to leave a message .

If it would be easier, please feel free to email me at
NewRochelleGM@ih-corp.com

I look forward to continuing to provide positive service with the Residence Inn New Rochelle

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited the city for the weekend and we stayed here which I have done numerous times before. I used to like the free parking (now a 10 dollar charge) and how close it was to the train (which has gone up since last time I was there) the hotel itself is nice and if your trip is to new rochelle I say stay there but if your using the hotel to commute into the city and back I think now that they charge for parking and that the train costs more you can stay in the city for the same cost with less time absorbed in travel.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank beowulf566
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Beowulf566,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Residence Inn on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you enjoyed our accomodations and thank you for being a loyal guest to us over the years. Many of our guests travel from New Rochelle to the big apple just like you. The trip on Metro North has increased to $7.50 Off Peak from $7 last year. A great tip is to always purchase your tickets PRIOR to your travel at one of the kiosks at the station rather then purchasing on the train as those prices do almost double!

I'd be happy to help you make any future reservations when your wife and you travel back to the New Rochelle area - please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best Wishes for a beautiful spring!

Danielle

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at this Residence Inn for one night and was totally pleased with both the accommodations and service.

I had a one bedroom suite, which was equivalent in size and layout to a small, one bedroom apartment. The kitchen area had full sized appliances (stove, fridge, microwave) plus the various utensils necessary for meal preparation and dining. There were separate dining tables and work tables - a setup which was quite convenient. The living area was comfortably furnished, and while the bedroom was somewhat small, the bed was comfortable and delivered a good night's sleep.

Check-in was handled efficiently by a very enthusiastic staff member. I had arrived early - well before check-in time, and even though the hotel had been sold out the previous night, he checked and was able to find a suite available for me when I arrived. He took time to explain the various amenities and procedures and made sure that I was well-informed about my stay.

Check-out was also handled quickly and pleasantly.

The hotel is located in downtown New Rochelle, within an easy 5 minute walk from the train station (Metro-North and Amtrak). There is a parking garage adjacent (also attached to the hotel); there's a $10/night charge for parking (plus tax) or $5 for elite members, which I consider to be a bit silly, since there is no garage attendant or access gate. There is also easy access to I-95.

There is a complimentary buffet breakfast served on the 10th floor which appeared to have a decent variety of self-serve items. Coffee is available 24 hours a day in the lobby; when I went down late at night to get a cup and found none available, the front desk promptly ordered the coffee service to be replenished. I liked that.

All in hotel, this places was everything I expected from a Residence Inn and is a good choice for those looking for such accommodations.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank step12dude

Dear Step12Dude,

Thank you so very much for your review of the Residence Inn, New Rochelle. We love to deliver our guests with the best service possible, and provide you with an exceptionally clean room, with all the touches of the modern home. Our recent renovation has really added to what we are so proud of here!

I look forward to sharing your review with my team, and to having you stay with us again in the future.

All the best,

Danielle

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed here for 2 days and I have stayed at many Marriotts across the county and I would have to say this hotel is a great value for the area. The hotel is very clean and modern. My room choice request was honored. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful including the maintenance staff, the cook, the guard and the front desk. The staff went out of their way to accommodate me. The room was exceptionally neat and clean. You do have to park in a parring garage attached to the property however there are reserved spaces for guests. There are many restaurants within a short walking distance and an IMAX theater next to the building. Great stay and value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jscota
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear JScota,

Thank you so much for your recent review of the Residence Inn, New Rochelle. We are pleased that our service and attention to detail was to your satisfaction! We understand that when you travel often it's hard to stand out above the crowd and we are thrilled to know we acheived our goal for your stay.

We look forward to seeing you in the future, please let me know if there is anything we may do to help you make reservations.

Have a wonderful week!

~ Danielle

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I travel 360 days a year for work, and spend that many nights a year residing at hotels. My preference has been Hilton properties, but was recently made an offer by corporate Marriott to entice me to try a Marriott facility. Let me add that I work for my state and require a government rate for stays. When I phoned for information about a three month stay apparently honoring their published available government rate requires the "approval" of the sales manager at this facility.

After THREE attempts to make contact here, I finally stopped trying to get the sales manager to return my call OR respond to me by email. AND after requesting the assistance of the General Manager regarding the lack of response, I received an email from her devoting all of her time defending her (inept) sales manager. Not only did I receive a 3 paragraph email defending her staffs' lack of a professional or courteous response, she spent the majority of her correspondence LYING about the events, and fabricating reasons why a lack of response on their behalf surely must have been my fault. If she spent half as much time trying to accommodate a request rather than defending an inept response, I would not be writing this review.

With the understanding that this is a franchised location rather than a Marriott corporate facility, I have forwarded her email and information to corporate as a "shining" example of how extremely poor customer service here must impact this hotels guest satisfaction results.

After sharing my experience with my colleagues about this facility they all concur that the facilities attitude of indifference and low standards of customer service and customer response are pervasive here. It apparently comes from the very top of the organization (the General Manager). They have shared that the facility has a better track record of provide more excuses than just providing good old-fashioned high quality customer service.

My recommendation? Find a corporate Marriott or another competitive facility in this area. There are tons. And if you care about getting some "hospitality" from a hospitality business, elsewhere is a better choice.

Room Tip: Want a great room here? My best advice is stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank P K

Dear Peter,

Thank you for completing this survey regarding your experience with us. I apologize if your experience was not 100% satisfactory. I have reached out to you via email in an effort to resolve any dissatisfaction you may have but have not acquired a phone number from you to discuss. As I stated in my previsous E-Mails, My Director Of Sales would be more then happy to disucss your reservation needs for the future. Should you change your mind and want to discuss this further you can simply reply to my email our contact me directly at the hotel. Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Residence Inn, New Rochelle.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My church has been using the Residence Inn New Rochelle since November 2012, and apparently we enjoy our time there because we are still using their facility in 2014. The hotel originally gave us one of their conference rooms that had a floor to its self (5th floor), which was awesome. Less than a year later, the higher management team decided to convert our floor into a sleeping suite, and thus we had to move to the sixth floor. Though not our ideal location because the conference room is located on the same floor as guest rooms (we try to avoid disturbing people), we've been in the new room less than a year and we are rather pleased with our space.

Service: The staff at Residence Inn New Rochelle is amazing. In the past year+ we have not had a problem with anyone. From the maintenance staff to the front desk to the management staff, we feel like family when we are there. Our current sales manager (the hotel has had like 5 since we started) Najwa, who has been working with us directly for almost a year, is wonderful. There has never been a question that she couldn't answer, or a minor situation that she hasn't solved with the utmost courtesy, professionalism, and quickness. The maintenance/housekeeping staff has been great since day one.

Cleanliness: I can only speak for our space and the bathroom for the most part, which always seems to be clean. The main area is always well maintained as well.

Location: Other than the unfortunate location of our conference room (being on the same floor as the guest rooms), the hotel location is definitely in an ideal and convenient location. It is right next to the bus terminal and the Metro North. There is also a Hertz Car Rental location right across the street. Over time, there has become more restaurant options and activities (including a Planet Fitness right next door).

Outside of using the hotel weekly for services, I can't really speak to their guest rooms or restaurant, since I haven't stayed here to sleep in nearly ten years.

Overall, if you are looking for a place to hold a meeting or services, the Residence Inn New Rochelle is a great place to check-out. If not for anything else, the service and the location will make you consider them. Enjoy :)

Room Tip: If booking for conference space, ask for the LeCount Room. Though it may cost a little extra, it is...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank T R
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear T R,

Words can express how appreciative we are of your glowing review! Thank you for choosing to host your events with us, and for your loyalty to the Residence Inn, New Rochelle. We are fortutnate to have a team of people who truly care about your experience with us. Najwa has been a great addition to our team, and I very much appreciate you taking the time to note her outstanding service.

We look forward to our continued working relationship!

All the Best,

Residence Inn by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Renaissance Westchester Hotel

Been to Residence Inn New Rochelle? Share your experiences!