“Only Resturant Open On A Monday”

Schlesinger's Steak House
Ranked #3 of 63 Restaurants in New Windsor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Not the fanciest resturant, but they do have excellent steaks. The best part of this resturant, is that it is one of the few decent resturants that are open on a Monday. We just celebrated our anniversary and it was the only place in the area open on a Monday. The website said they were open on Monday's,but I actually called to make sure! Thank you Schlesinger's for being open on Monday's!

1  Thank JDavey124

Reviewed 15 April 2014

When you go to a restaurant that specializes in steak you think you will go and get a great steak. The times I have gone the steaks were not flavorful and most of the time they were tough. Cool thing about this place is that they have a Cigar room that you can smoke a stogie there but if that is not your style, you might not want to come because the smoke does slip out.

2  Thank Scott R
Reviewed 15 February 2014

As previously noted this place coasts by more on reputation and the novelty of the cigar bar. I have eaten here on weekends predominantly and without fail they are out of menu items and almost always certain cuts of steak. And I'm not talking about 830pm on a Saturday...I'm talking 6-630pm with major menu items off the menu. Waitstaff have been uniformly good but are not well informed and we have had numerous instances of ordered food being "out" after the fact. My 2/14/14 experience there was the last straw (missing menu items, slow service, overlooked food) but the winter weather experienced in NY the days prior certainly played a part in that. The place should have been closed and instead stayed open and I have a feeling left a bad taste in many guest's mouths. The place just can't seem to handle busier days and I'd recommend new guests try it on a weekday where the crowd doesn't affect the menu and food quality.

2  Thank Sean M
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

I was looking forward to having a decent steak so off we went. the building is old but thats ok it's what inside that counts.
when we stepped in and walked pass a cigar bar,I thought o boy, you could see a haze in the air not a good first impression.
I was still excited though. the prices are a bit high.the place was cold and to use the ladles room you had to use the one by the cigar bar not a good smell to get into your hair and clothes.
lets just say we wont be returning.

1  Thank cindy m
Reviewed 6 January 2014

There was a total of eight adults. We were returning north from West Point and decided to dine at Schlesinger's for dinner.
Information you should know is that Schlesinger's has a cigar bar attached to it.
We were seated after 45 minutes next to a door that was constantly opening and closing. The door was the link-way to the cigar bar - STANK-O!!!
Drinks were very good and ample.
We all ordered steaks with high expectations.
Well, let's say those expectations were not met.
All around the table were comments like "tough" "tasteless" "not worth the money"
The service was very good, but I don't think we will return.