“Delicious Indian/Thai food”

Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Just steps from New Windsor’s famous five corners, Citrus offers the authentic blends of Indian home cooking and bona fide Thai cuisine in a warmly adorned restaurant. Named after common ingredients found in both Indian and Thai cuisine, Citrus is one of New York’s top Indian and Thai dining destinations. Citrus shares their passion for traditional and regionally-inspired cuisine prepared from fresh ground spices and ingredients to create a menu featuring signature dishes ranging from Citrus Calamari to Mango cheesecake. At Citrus, we invite you to take a culinary journey throughout India and Thailand, to savor and discover new dishes with good company.
Newburgh, New York
“Delicious Indian/Thai food”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

If you love Indian/Thai food then this is the place. Tasty food always fresh and quick turn over. They offer an all you can eat buffet for 9.99 Monday- Friday and on the weekends a larger buffet for $14 so worth the trip. This place isn't fancy but it makes up in tasty food. Give it a try if ever in the area.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Aly J

“Best place in New Windsor”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Citrus is the deal! The lunch buffet is awesome. There is a big selection of Indian & Thai foods as well as several curries and even dessert. They serve fresh naan too! The service is great as well. The servers are like ninjas! You never really see them but your drink never goes empty and the buffet is always well stocked.
Love this place.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank katiesuzanne66
New York
“One of the best Indian restaurants in the Hudson Valley”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I've been to Citrus a number of times and have always had a pleasant experience. I have tried the lunch buffet once and it had a good variety of Indian and Thai dishes that were tasty and fresh. However, on almost every other occasion I have had the exact same dishes for my lunch or dinner. I start with a bowl of their excellent Mulligatawny soup which is rich and just slightly spicy. For my entree I get the navaratan korma with basmati rice, and an order of Peshwari naan. The korma sauce is rich and creamy with a variety of sauteed vegetables. It is delicious! Perfectly baked and filed with a mix of warm cottage cheese, nuts and raisins. I never get tired of this meal. The restaurant is comfortable and generally quiet, and the service is excellent. I highly recommended Citrus for quality Indian ( and Thai ) food.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank JohnGarbar
Almaty, Kazakhstan
“Nice Thai Experience”
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

I was in New Windsor on business and found some positive reviews on this Thai and Indian restaurant. Went there for dinner and was not disappointed. The quality of food is excellent, the service was also good and attentive. The prices are quite reasonable. My portion if scallops with rise was good enough to be the only course. However, the tom yam soup was also pretty good.

2 Thank Mikhail B
New York City, New York
“What a find!”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Yelp gave it 4 1/2 stars so we figured it would be decent. It really surpassed our expectations. We went Indian (you can chose Thai or Indian) and it was just excellent Indian. The chicken was infused with mint and garlic and just deliciously tender and flavorful. The Marsala sauce was creamy and just the right amount of spice. My husband had the lamb chops and they were sublime. Bindi (okra) was yummy too and not always available at other places. We only wish we had gotten a date pudding to go as we were stuffed. We later read a review which indicated that the pudding is out of this world. Best fresh Nan and papdum I've ever had. Only problem was figuring out when we can drive upstate and go there again! Only complaint is the chairs are cushiony but too high for the table. See if you can sit at a booth instead. Oh, they give an ample serving of mango chutney so plan on a doggie bag and make another meal for yourselves.

Visited October 2013