“Good Meal”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Spanish, Caribbean, Latin, Puerto Rican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Mina's is a family oriented restaurant where you come as a patron and leave as family. We have been serving the Hudson valley since 2007. Our cooks bring you meals that will remind you of home and "abuelas" touch. We specialize in Puerto Rican/Dominican and Cuban cuisine with a fusion of other Latin American meals. We're known for our traditional pernil but we have many other dishes that will please your palate. Come check us out today and we're sure you will leave pleased
Baldwin, New York
“Good Meal”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Usually eat here when my husband and I are in town. Very clean place nice and friendly staff. We are Puerto Rican and love to eat spanish food this is very close to how I cook. I had the bacalao in salsa with white rice and beans and it was very good. Bacalao was a little salty but I like that so it was good for me. My hubby had bistec encebellado with tostones and it was also very good. He ate the entire steak which is a pretty big piece. My son had a cheeseburger with french fries and empanadas with cheese and he enjoyed it very much. I went to the bathroom and it was very well kept and clean. I highly recommend visiting this little home cooking kitchen.

• Visited August 2014

NEW WINDSOR
“I can't believe Spanish Food is this bad”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have to start this review with the statement that I am far from any kind of expert on Spanish food. I've dined in hundreds of restaurants across America and the meal we were served this evening was one of the poorest. We started with sharing a Tostones Appy. We waited quite a bit of time before the dish was served. Two large Tostone relinos filled with Chicken. Served with a nice sauce it was pretty good. Only a few minutes laget our entree arrived and the appy was not a quarter consumed. What to do, we set aside the Tostones as we wanted a warm entree. I ordered the Bacalo Quisado, (cod stew) in a creole sauce. It wa UNETABLE. Made, I think with salted cod it was TERRIBLE. Even the red beans were made with entirely tooooo much salt. Is all Spanish food that way? My companion ordered the Pernil asado Traditional...Listed as Mina's signature dish. Roast Pork. I have enjoyed Cuban Roast Pork that is seasoned perfectly and juice. This was dry, over cooked and certainly didn't melt in your mouth. It was also not worth eating. We were not even offered dessert by the waitress nor were we ever offered a refil on out ice tea. I am sure there are many diners who know a lot more about Spanish Food that moi! As for me, then next time I feel Hispanic I am heading to Machu Pichu in Newburgh for some Peruvian Fish. I will give the management credit they didn't charge me for the Cod Stew Entree, thank you for your thoughtfullness. Our dinner was only about $28 with a less than normal tip.
If you happend to be traveling through NW..keep driving past Mina's

• Visited June 2014
New York
“Enjoyable Meal”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We had a wonderful dinner here. It's very clean and has a nice atmosphere. I really enjoyed the black and red beans, the arroz con gandules and the plantains. My husband enjoyed the beef empanadas and the tacos with steak. I also have ordered large pans of rice and plantains from here for gatherings at my home. We like this restaurant very much.

• Visited July 2013