“Student rate for Sep-Oct 2013”

Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in New Windsor
Kearny, New Jersey
“Student rate for Sep-Oct 2013”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I am a student and I needed a place to stay near my fieldwork site. Econo Lodge had a very convenient location and reasonable rate for my time spent in the area. The management even gave a special rate for my extended stay. It is an overall very good experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Gmny132, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent Econo Lodge experience! I’m delighted to hear you discovered our hotel! Guest satisfaction is so important to us and I am so glad you enjoyed your overall experience. Hope to welcome you back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New Windsor, New York, United States
Reviewed 10 May 2013

The staff was very friendly and accommodating...I stayed there with my three children, dog, and mother and we received a very large room and great service. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, especially if you are traveling with a family!!!! It's located in a very great area, where there is lots of things to do with the family or by yourself.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Gmny132, Management at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thanks for your recommendation, Sadie! I'm thrilled to hear you and your family had such a great time when you stayed with us. Hope to see you again soon!

Safe travels,
Pratibha Tamakuwala,
Montreal
Reviewed 12 March 2013

My family stopped over at this hotel for only one night.
It is amazing to find that the room is very big, clean. I have a king and a double beds.
WiFi is very strong which is not always the case in other hotels we visited before.
Above all this is pet friendly one. LOL.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Gmny132, F D Manager at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Thank you, Vacation064, for taking the time to review us. I'm pleased to hear that you found our rooms clean and welcoming. It means a lot to know that you enjoyed your stay! Next time you're in town, we'd love to have you again.

Cheers,
Reviewed 23 December 2012

We stayed here for one night to go to a family Christmas party nearby. It was absolutely filthy. It smelled like an old shoe and cigarettes. There were burn holes in the old blankets on the bed. The floors in the bathroom had hair and dust on them. Even the side of the toilet paper was dirty and dusty. For 85 bucks a night you could do better somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Talarkin
Gmny132, Management at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Dear Talarkin,

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier—I've only just started using TripAdvisor. Please let me apologize for your poor experience last year. We take great pride in keeping our rooms warm, clean, and welcoming, and it's disappointing to learn that this wasn't the case in your experience. I will be rigorously checking in on my team to ensure that we're keeping up our high standards. After all, we've been around for a while, and our dedication to quality is what's made us stand out. I appreciate your feedback, and hope you'll give us another chance to show you a better time. We'll do so much better next time.

Warm regards,

Travellers are raving about these New Windsor hotels

Cayce, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband and I called choice hotels to find a hotel, they recommended this hotel so we decided to take because this was two days after sandy and my hu sband is a insurance adjuster so not much choice. First night my husband checks the ground floor window to ensure it is locked and he sees a huge rat out side, so we blow this off because its out side and we dont have a choice but to stay. so the next night after a long days work we came back worked till 12 am and lay down to sleep and we have 2 mice running around our room, next morning we tell the front desk about our friends in the room they insist they will take care of it. so off to work, return in the evening thinking they took care of our friends, so we shower and relax and about 30 min. later our friends are back, well we end up catching one in the trash can and take him outside. so off to bed, next morning drinking coffee and it got cold so i decided to go heat it up in the one microwave for the whole hotel, well i open the microwave and guess what 2 roaches come crawling out, GOTTA GO!!!! SEE YA I dont live like this and wont especially when i have to pay for it. PS. ROOMS LOOK NOTHING LIKE ONLINE and oh price gouging $100.00 a night during a time like this, nothing like kicking people when they are down. thats sad look online this place is usually 65.00 a night .

Room Tip: run forest run !!!! run like hell , no joke like the others said sleep in your car first.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Tina B
Gmny132, Front desk operator at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Dear Tina,

Thank you for your candor. I'm sorry you didn't have a better experience staying with us last year. I appreciate your patience, even as the inclement weather caused by Sandy brought about some appearances of pest that otherwise would not have happened. Rest assured that since your visit, we've taken extra measures to make sure that all our rooms are free of any harmful pest. Your comfort is always the most important thing to us. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to make things right with you in the future.

Front desk operator
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We lost power during Hurricane Sandy and just wanted to end up somewhere with a clean room and bathroom where we can rest and shower. We couldn't find any other hotels with available rooms, so even though it was a bit of a drive, we decided to go to this Econolodge. Man, I've been in some porta potties that felt cleaner than this one. The front desk clerk was friendly, but right off the bat, we should've known that this place was no good from the woman who looked like a hooker stumbling in with a man who looked like a drug addict. The room was gross- there were stains on the walls and on the ceiling. The room smelt like mold and cigarette smoke even though our room was non-smoking. The desk chair in the room was stained and ripped and we found dog hairs and cigarette burn holes on the blanket. It was very noisy and i hardly slept because i could hear everything through the thin walls. I have stayed in many hotels throughout various states but have never seen one so disgusting. I know you get what you paid for, but this place isn't worth staying even if it was for free! DO NOT GO HERE!!!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank RoamingTraveler38
Gmny132, Management at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
It sounds like we really got off the wrong foot with you. I'm sorry you didn't have a better experience staying with us. Our hotel abide by strict standards of hygiene, and your comments about mold is alarming. We investigate allegations of mold very seriously, and I assure you that we do frequently inspect and make sure that our rooms are free of mold. Thank you for your feedback—your thoughts will help us keep on doing better.

Take care,
Pratibha Tamakuwala, (Management}
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 October 2012

See title Terrible room. In dire need of upgrade. Roaches on the ceiling. Smells of old cigarette smoke. I would not recommend this room for anyone. This building should be condemned. Honestly this listing should be removed from hotelchoice

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank ce11ar_door77
I'm sorry your stay didn't go so well. We strive to provide comfortable rooms for our guests, and I apologize if we fell short. Did you mention your dissatisfaction with our manager during your visit? Our guests' comfort is incredibly important to us, and we'd have loved the opportunity to make things right with you. In the future, please let us know if we could have helped you make your stay better. I appreciate your feedback. We'll do better next time.

Warm regards,
Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 2 in Central Valley

Been to Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport? Share your experiences!