“Excellent Experiences at a Budget Motel”

Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in New Windsor
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times recently. In a very expensive part of the country to stay, the EconoLodge New Windsor shows that you can provide safe, comfortable, and friendly service in a budget accommodation. The staff is friendly and accommodating - from desk staff through cleaning staff. On a few occasions, I've shown up in the dining room after the breakfast hours are over, but the door is open and coffee is served. In fact, one time, one of the managers even asked if he could get me something from the kitchen, since the food had been put away. One rarely, if ever, finds a hotel so accommodating. It is in a safe location, with a good restaurant next door, and numerous others close by. Give them a try - they are close to many scenic locations, historic areas, and good restaurants. I would always plan to return here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Gmny132, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Eric

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive the results of your recent survey scores regarding your stay at our hotel.
Your kind words of praise during the length of your stay is appreciated. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you. Its always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than previous one.

Sales Manager
Econo Lodge near Stewart International Airport
(845)561-6620

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I was looking for a hotel that is inexpensive and close to my two holiday destinations: Russel Wright house and Woodbury Outlets. Found this one. Cost me 300$ for three nights all in.
When we arrived, the room reserved for us was absolutely disgusting. Dirty splashes on the walls, garbage on the baseboards, just filthy, stunk of cigarettes, although was supposed to be a non-smoking room. My husband went outside to find another hotel, he was so disgusted. When I complained, I was shown another room right away. That room was much better and we stayed. Still, everything is very old and the room should be priced probably at 40$ and not 100$. Looks like they have people living there permanently, smoking everywhere... The carpets are not vacuumed, not clean. The ceiling tiles look like they will fall out any moment. As another reviewer mentioned, cigarette burns in the bed linens. Really needs improvement. WiFi is great to have and the continental breakfast is good to have (bagels, cereal, oatmeal, english muffins, yogurt). But overall it seems that the Choice Hotels I've stayed in lately are all being run into the ground.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Gmny132, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. An experience such as the one you described is taken very seriously by all of us here at the Econo Lodge, and we look forward to an opportunity to make it better. Although I cannot undo what happened, I appreciate your feedback, as this helps us become the very best that we can be, we remain fully at your service and look forward to the chance of welcoming you back to the Econo Lodge.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I am a student and I needed a place to stay near my fieldwork site. Econo Lodge had a very convenient location and reasonable rate for my time spent in the area. The management even gave a special rate for my extended stay. It is an overall very good experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your recent Econo Lodge experience! I’m delighted to hear you discovered our hotel! Guest satisfaction is so important to us and I am so glad you enjoyed your overall experience. Hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 10 May 2013

The staff was very friendly and accommodating...I stayed there with my three children, dog, and mother and we received a very large room and great service. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, especially if you are traveling with a family!!!! It's located in a very great area, where there is lots of things to do with the family or by yourself.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Gmny132, Management at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thanks for your recommendation, Sadie! I'm thrilled to hear you and your family had such a great time when you stayed with us. Hope to see you again soon!

Safe travels,
Pratibha Tamakuwala,

Reviewed 12 March 2013

My family stopped over at this hotel for only one night.
It is amazing to find that the room is very big, clean. I have a king and a double beds.
WiFi is very strong which is not always the case in other hotels we visited before.
Above all this is pet friendly one. LOL.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Gmny132, F D Manager at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Thank you, Vacation064, for taking the time to review us. I'm pleased to hear that you found our rooms clean and welcoming. It means a lot to know that you enjoyed your stay! Next time you're in town, we'd love to have you again.

Cheers,
Management

Reviewed 23 December 2012

We stayed here for one night to go to a family Christmas party nearby. It was absolutely filthy. It smelled like an old shoe and cigarettes. There were burn holes in the old blankets on the bed. The floors in the bathroom had hair and dust on them. Even the side of the toilet paper was dirty and dusty. For 85 bucks a night you could do better somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Talarkin
Gmny132, Management at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Dear Talarkin,

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier—I've only just started using TripAdvisor. Please let me apologize for your poor experience last year. We take great pride in keeping our rooms warm, clean, and welcoming, and it's disappointing to learn that this wasn't the case in your experience. I will be rigorously checking in on my team to ensure that we're keeping up our high standards. After all, we've been around for a while, and our dedication to quality is what's made us stand out. I appreciate your feedback, and hope you'll give us another chance to show you a better time. We'll do so much better next time.

Warm regards,
Management

Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband and I called choice hotels to find a hotel, they recommended this hotel so we decided to take because this was two days after sandy and my hu sband is a insurance adjuster so not much choice. First night my husband checks the ground floor window to ensure it is locked and he sees a huge rat out side, so we blow this off because its out side and we dont have a choice but to stay. so the next night after a long days work we came back worked till 12 am and lay down to sleep and we have 2 mice running around our room, next morning we tell the front desk about our friends in the room they insist they will take care of it. so off to work, return in the evening thinking they took care of our friends, so we shower and relax and about 30 min. later our friends are back, well we end up catching one in the trash can and take him outside. so off to bed, next morning drinking coffee and it got cold so i decided to go heat it up in the one microwave for the whole hotel, well i open the microwave and guess what 2 roaches come crawling out, GOTTA GO!!!! SEE YA I dont live like this and wont especially when i have to pay for it. PS. ROOMS LOOK NOTHING LIKE ONLINE and oh price gouging $100.00 a night during a time like this, nothing like kicking people when they are down. thats sad look online this place is usually 65.00 a night .

Room Tip: run forest run !!!! run like hell , no joke like the others said sleep in your car first.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Tina B
Gmny132, Front desk operator at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear Tina,

Thank you for your candor. I'm sorry you didn't have a better experience staying with us last year. I appreciate your patience, even as the inclement weather caused by Sandy brought about some appearances of pest that otherwise would not have happened. Rest assured that since your visit, we've taken extra measures to make sure that all our rooms are free of any harmful pest. Your comfort is always the most important thing to us. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to make things right with you in the future.

Front desk operator

Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 2 in Central Valley

Been to Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport? Share your experiences!