“Great people and service”

Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in New Windsor
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed here for almost a week and everything seemed to be just fine. I had a concern of how to set up a wake up call and the tall young guy at front desk was patient enough to help me through it. The breakfast was also better than other econolodges I have tried in the past. Overall I'm happy with my stay and will return back to them.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Gmny132, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Ketan K,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback as, "will return back to Econo Lodge". We will share this with our team that you were pleased by our front desk’s communications skills and happy with the breakfast. Your survey responses will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and your recommendation. Future we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Econo Lodge
845-561-6620

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We arrived after midnight, the night manager was so friendly and accommodating. Since we came in so late, we were able to stay a little past checkout. All of the staff was so nice and helpful. This is a perfect little family owned motel when you need that stay over.

• Stayed: March 2014
Gmny132, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Jenni,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience! I’m delighted to hear your views about our hotel as a family owned motel and our motel is perfect for stay over. Guest satisfaction is so important to us and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and your overall experience was nice and helpful. Hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stay here almost weekly for work. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. If you come late, just give the front desk phone a ring and a staff member will be there to help you shortly. I never had a problem booking a room here and they always have my room ready when I come to check in. Every single room is equipped with cable tv, refrigerator, and free wifi!.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Gmny132, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Wilson,

Thank you for taking the time to review your Econo Lodge experience! We are pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I am so glad you enjoyed your overall experience. Thanks for your recommendation and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Brenda

Reviewed 14 December 2013

My family and I had the worst time at this hotel. We had an extended stay (just over a month), during which time I witnessed drug deals and hookers doing business their, with the hotel staff knowing full well that it is happening. I even told the staff what I saw, and the said "they are not hurting anything". Not to mention, my toilet broke and they made my wife, 9yr old daughter and I use the room across the hall if we needed to use the rest room, and after 16 1/2hrs I had to clean up my bathroom, and fix it myself, and clean my own room since the staff was not willing to clean it. I was so happy to get out, and I will never stay there ever again, and warn to tread carefully in that place, they want your money, but don't want to do right in the care of their guest.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Gmny132, Manager at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Benjamin,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay on Trip Advisor. Please accept our apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your time spent with us. This is certainly not the experience we aim to provide our guests. We always try to do right for our customers and I will be sure to follow up with our management team so that we may look further into these matters.

Brenda G.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Traveling and looking on line to find a place for a good night's sleep is just what we got. A clean room with good atmosphere and not so elaborate that we were charged "an arm and a leg" is really what it was. Also breakfast before we got on the road was great.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Gmny132, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Dorothy,

Thank you for your kind review.I'm very glad and happy, you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. The staff here, at Econo Lodge near Stewart International Airport takes pride in their everyday work and we are glad we were able to meet all your needs, comforts and requests. Thank you very much for being our precious guest. We hope to be of better service to you in the future!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times recently. In a very expensive part of the country to stay, the EconoLodge New Windsor shows that you can provide safe, comfortable, and friendly service in a budget accommodation. The staff is friendly and accommodating - from desk staff through cleaning staff. On a few occasions, I've shown up in the dining room after the breakfast hours are over, but the door is open and coffee is served. In fact, one time, one of the managers even asked if he could get me something from the kitchen, since the food had been put away. One rarely, if ever, finds a hotel so accommodating. It is in a safe location, with a good restaurant next door, and numerous others close by. Give them a try - they are close to many scenic locations, historic areas, and good restaurants. I would always plan to return here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Gmny132, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Eric

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive the results of your recent survey scores regarding your stay at our hotel.
Your kind words of praise during the length of your stay is appreciated. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you. Its always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than previous one.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I was looking for a hotel that is inexpensive and close to my two holiday destinations: Russel Wright house and Woodbury Outlets. Found this one. Cost me 300$ for three nights all in.
When we arrived, the room reserved for us was absolutely disgusting. Dirty splashes on the walls, garbage on the baseboards, just filthy, stunk of cigarettes, although was supposed to be a non-smoking room. My husband went outside to find another hotel, he was so disgusted. When I complained, I was shown another room right away. That room was much better and we stayed. Still, everything is very old and the room should be priced probably at 40$ and not 100$. Looks like they have people living there permanently, smoking everywhere... The carpets are not vacuumed, not clean. The ceiling tiles look like they will fall out any moment. As another reviewer mentioned, cigarette burns in the bed linens. Really needs improvement. WiFi is great to have and the continental breakfast is good to have (bagels, cereal, oatmeal, english muffins, yogurt). But overall it seems that the Choice Hotels I've stayed in lately are all being run into the ground.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Gmny132, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. An experience such as the one you described is taken very seriously by all of us here at the Econo Lodge, and we look forward to an opportunity to make it better. Although I cannot undo what happened, I appreciate your feedback, as this helps us become the very best that we can be, we remain fully at your service and look forward to the chance of welcoming you back to the Econo Lodge.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Windsor
Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 2 in Central Valley

Been to Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport? Share your experiences!