“Remarkable collection of motorcycles from 1900s to present”

Motorcyclepedia Museum
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Newburgh
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Imagine seeing the famous Indian brand motorcycle, but wait - seeing one from every year dating back to the early 1900s. They have many early bikes from companies that only were in business for a couple years. As you would expect, they have many bikes from Harley, BMW, Triumph, Honda, and all the other brands. Then they have custom bikes. Memorabilia galore. Plan to spend at least 90 minutes. Great place to see motorcycle history.

1  Thank Robear46
"on display"
in 12 reviews
"harley davidson"
in 3 reviews
"a great place to spend"
"big daddy"
"their website"
"hudson valley"
"new york"

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This place is a hidden jewel. It is in the town of Newburg, slips into the surrounding neighborhood, and is easy to miss. Once you find it, which is easy after you know its there, you walk into the past of motorcycle history and Legends. They have the first of MANY, and the entire line of Indians starting for the beginning. There is also a basement with bikes that became famous, JFK escort bikes when he was assassinated in Dallas TX. in 1963. Many, many, many history bikes including the replicas movie set editions of Easy Rider. This place is a MUST SEE!

2  Thank stgnts
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I visited the Motorcyclepedia Museum with a friend a few weekends ago. It is AMAZING. I will bring my fiance very soon as he is a motorcycle enthusiast and I think he would love it. The vast history and memorabilia is amazing. I didn't know the varied history of two-wheeled and a few three wheeled bikes. Simply fascinating to see the uses of these bikes. The two unusual items I enjoyed were the Harley snow mobile dating to the early 20th century and a tank bike (a similar one was used in Saving Private Ryan). The first floor has a huge collection of Indian bikes and a few choppers. The lower floor has many Harleys and some older US made bikes.

Simply amazing and the staff want to share the story of the museum with you... a sweet gentleman shared some of his favorite bikes with us and told us that the owner built the museum to display his personal collection. It's an astounding personal collection. He said that he spent 5 hours there his first visit. My friend and I were only there for about an hour, but I'm sure when I return with my fiance, the motorcycle enthusiast, we will spend more than an hour there ;-)

A must see if you like bikes.

1  Thank HappyHikerGirl
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We went here on Saturday, a friend had told us it's a must see! Well what a pleasant surprise, they have movie motorcycles, from Saving Private Ryan, Ghost Rider, I think 3 Steve Mcqueen movies, Captain America, and and etc. etc. It simply great! And then the Indian Gallery which has a display of Indian Motorcycles from the year 1901 to 1914! The history, just overwhelming, you'll be glad and proud you saw it!

1  Thank karen d
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I took my husband here as part of a getaway weekend and he loved it. They have a great collection of antique and modern bikes that are exhibited in a very organized fashion. The museum also had a show called the wall of terror which was thrilling. A man rode his bike on the sides of a cylinder wall and came right up to the top. My husband really enjoyed the museum and I was not as bored as I thought I would be, lol