“Above and Beyond just a Hotel”

Ramada Newburgh/West Point
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Newburgh
Albany, New York
“Above and Beyond just a Hotel”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We recently stayed overnight before a flight-my husband, myself and my two boys. The room was clean, quiet, comfortable. Breakfast was great-even included waffles you make yourself. There was someone to refill things the second they were empty and the food was hot and tasty. We took advantage of the free shuttle to and from the airport. Here's where it goes above and beyond.
When we returned (10 days of free parking at their hotel later) we were upset because we had left a tube of pictures from our vacation at the airport in Orlando. The driver (from our hotel) of the shuttle overheard us talking to each other. When we got to the hotel he advised us that the pilots from our airline were staying at the hotel and had not left yet-perhaps they could help. They worked with the pilots in the lobby of the hotel making phone calls and giving us all the info we needed to find our pictures.
I'm happy to say that ultimately we DID receive the pics that we were sure were gone. I would have had no idea how to find them and I am positive that without their help it would have been a much more difficult and aggravating process.
It's great to see someone get involved in a situation to help when they could have jsut as easily ignored the situation. Good peoople work at this hotel and we will definately be returning.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
RAMADANEWBURGH1289, Manager at Ramada Newburgh/West Point, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for your wonderful Remark ,which i have shared with our staff.We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay.and Look Forward to welcoming you Back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Groton, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Even after "renovated" rooms this hotel is just not acceptable at the price they are demanding. It's CLEAN this time, but the hallways still reek. Breakfast is minimal and on par with Super 8 next door or the Howard Johnson's less than 0.2 miles down the street. Bathroom layout is poor as the new vanity is literally almost on top of you while you are sitting doing your business on the toilet. Heat and moisture from the shower is impossible to vent from the room in the morning and therefore makes the room hot and humid.

Room Tip: Because the hotel is built on a slope you need to request rooms at the back (opposite of an parallel...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank williammann
INDIANAPOLIS
Reviewed 15 November 2011

My husband and I blocked rooms here for our wedding, and we had such a good experience start to finish. The director of sales who handled our block was so friendly and responsive-- really great to work with. Our stay at the hotel was very pleasant; the staff was courteous and welcoming. We decided to come a day early, and they gave us a suite at the regular room rate. The suite was very nice, clean and well maintained.

We had a complimentary jacuzzi suite for our wedding night (thanks to the general manager & the sales director), and it was so spacious! They graciously allowed me to occupy the bridal suite first thing that morning rather than waiting for the 3:00 check-in time, which was wonderful! I had such a good morning getting ready with my bridesmaids in the larger suite, and we didn't have to worry about moving our luggage later on. When my husband and I returned to the hotel after the wedding, they had decorated the suite with rose petals on the floor and bed, and there was a bottle of champagne on ice waiting for us. It was so romantic! We really appreciated the nice touches.

We had a ton of friends and family from out of state, and everyone stayed at the Ramada. I didn't hear any complaints from anyone! The only snag was with the shuttle to the wedding... there was apparently another wedding group staying at the hotel that weekend too, and they had also arranged shuttle service from the hotel to their ceremony. As I understand it, my group of guests went outside, saw a shuttle, and the driver said, "Are you going to the wedding?" Probably should have specified which wedding, because of course it was for the wrong one! Which my guests didn't realize until the shuttle dropped them off and left. Somehow they managed to get to the right wedding, but I'm a little fuzzy on the details. Nobody told me about this until after the wedding. All I knew at the time was that our ceremony was starting very late for some reason, but I was much too busy with the butterflies in my stomach to ask many questions!

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at the Ramada, and I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsT1212
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Not much of a complainer, but when you spend 120 for overnight stay you expect to receive a little more. I was just staying over night for a wedding but if I had to do this two nights, the second night would be at the Hampton Inn across the street.

Exterior: don't let the exterior fool you.. Fresh paint, Ramada sign new etc ....

Lobby: somewhat updated but has that dirty hotel odor...

Rooms:
1. Smelled like smoke even though non smoker.
2. Air condition: original from 80's ... Broken panels
3. Stained Floors
4. Bathroom : hair on floor, scared to shower... When guests dont throw out their own soap they just stack it on the top corner of the shower and since it's a go green hotel they leave it there... Disgusting
5. Sanyo Tv: original 32 inch tv that I bought when I was in my College dorm, actually mine was a little better.
6. Best ammenitie in the room: CLoset .. To hang your clothes up from the Woodbury outlets.

• Stayed October 2011
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Stayed their during 911 ceremony at OCC. room had very little AC.. bathroom door closed and had to bed opened using a credit card. we reported to front desk and he wrote it done but none of the qwork was ever completed.Hallway were musty,pool was being jackhammered all day long.. When we checked out there was not even an apology about the room and when we asked to have our bill split the desk said it was too complicated....Do not stay here

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank dmax54
Reviewed 13 August 2011

1. Checked into our room to find a fruit fly infestation
2. Bathroom door handle was removed from it's original setting leaving my husband locked in the bathroom. (this is very true...thought I was on some hidden camera show..)
3. The hotel turns into a "nightclub" past 10 on weekends which is why the interior of the rooms, hallways, lobby look like a subway.
4. The pool gazebo is a HAZARD. I bet the Business Owners Ins Policy works hard for this place...
5. Fact is, this is my 3rd visit in three years. Each time it has been "under renovation"...I can report no improvements. There are some rooms that have boarded up windows on the back of the building. Plus...in inhabitants of this establishment are unsavory. I completely expected my mountain bike to be stolen from my roof this morning...
****For $120+ a night..never again. I would rather add $50.00 and head to the Hampton across the street. Bottom-line: if you want to see ancient ruins, head to Greece...Not the Ramada in Newburgh...

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Brdwaybound07
Connecticut
Reviewed 9 August 2011

not much good to say. Very tired decor, stairs in the hallways, strong smoke smell. Better options available for comparable price.

• Stayed July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newburgh
Howard Johnson Inn - Newburgh
Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Newburgh Stewart Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill
The Thayer Hotel
The Thayer Hotel
#1 of 1 in West Point

Been to Ramada Newburgh/West Point? Share your experiences!