“Good location”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Newburgh
A TripAdvisor Member
LITTLETON
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Good place to stay if you're at West Point. I had a bug in my room and the fitness room was dumpy, but the staff was friendly (not too knowledgeable about the area, though) and the hotel was convenient.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I woke up at 3am scratching and itching and found bed bugs in the bed. The night clerk moved me, my 3 year old son and my husband to the last available room. Both rooms were not very clean, hair on the sheets - not ours, holes in the sheets, splatters on the wall by the door. In general, very unclean. In the morning when I spoke to the hotel manager [my arm was covered in bites], he told me that I needed to call travelocity if I wanted my money back. Travelocity told me that they would not refund my money unless the hotel agreed. I haggled for a %50 refund with the hotel manager. Truly ridiculous. The hotel doesn't seem to be too concerned with their reputation and neither does travelocity.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nkeys
RAMADANEWBURGH1289, General Manager at Ramada Newburgh/West Point, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

we inspest this room with bed bugs company and they didn;t find any visible sign of bed bugs.but we trated that room as per guest complaint and i hope when you come next time in this area i will accomodate you as a our valued customer.and if you find any things wrong i will give you a complimenatary .room for that stay.
Thank you four your feed back and i hope your next stay with us is very comfortable .

Reviewed 1 October 2012

room was nicely priced staff was nice as well but room had a musty odor which we thought would go away with the ac on,it did not.so I cannot rate this A+(I reported this to staff at checkout)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I had some pretty low expectations of this hotel. It had multiple low reviews from many online travel web-sites. When I got to the hotel, it looked pretty good from the outside and also from the lobby. The hotel is old and located in a heavy weather area, so it was already better that I expected. Then I got to my room, it was nice, beds were good and the hotel room furniture was up to date. What my problem with the hotel was the smell and stuffyness. My suggestion is that in the bathroom some sort of air movement divice be installed to remove the hunidity from taking a shower. the rooms smelled moldy and old. I have one other issue. The lack of power plugs availabe in the room. There we only two availabe to use and located behind a cabinet that I had to move. I would recommend a 6 outlet power outlet be supplied near the desk area so that business travelers like myself can conduct business. I had to unplug a light to recharge my phone.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Staff was friendly but out of touch with conditions. Room was dirty, run down and smelled. Cleaning was poor, and appeared to be that way for some time. Bathroom needed a serious deep clean. Place is old and needs remodeling. Poor conditions overall and very sloppy. If you want a back-alley experience and like to sleep in your shoes, this is the place.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2012

The room was excellent and appreciated being able to check in early. I had requested a room with a king bed and received a suite. I was very happy with the furnishings. The bathroom needed some work (recaulking, regrouting and some mold removed).

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newburgh
Hampton Inn & Suites Newburgh Stewart Airport
Howard Johnson Inn - Newburgh
Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Newburgh Stewart Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill

Been to Ramada Newburgh/West Point? Share your experiences!