“RUN FROM THIS BATES MOTEL!!!”

Ramada Newburgh/West Point
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Newburgh
Albany, New York
“RUN FROM THIS BATES MOTEL!!!”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Plane diverted to this airport. Everyone scrambling for a hotel. Called for price for 2 qns. Once we got there, price was JACKED!! Long line of people so I couldn't argue. No elevator!!! No qns on 1st floor so 89 yr old had to climb stairs (she made it!). Roaches in the hallway with ceilings leaking water and plaster falling down. In a.m. I brought doughnuts upstairs to avoid granny having to tackle the stairs. Was told I was not allowed b/c there would be a mess in the rm..but they have local pizzeria making deliveries. Tried to get corrected charges in the a.m but no dice. Better to have slept at the airport!

Room Tip: There is NOTHING GOOD about anything in this hotel. The worst I've ever experienced.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
jimmy g, General Manager at Ramada Newburgh/West Point, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Hello Dee E,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel. We really apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay.

Due to the geographic location of the hotel, and being structured on a hill in the Hudson Valley, we are unable to change the stair situation in the hotel, and the place for the elevator. Consequently, we do have stairs throughout the first and second floors of the hotel. We understand that this may have caused you inconveniences throughout your stay. We apologize for the hotels structure and the inconvenience of using stair for senior adult.

For the ceiling leak we have taken your comments very seriously, and have had our maintenance staff pay closer attention to this particular situation to fix it. Many times as a manager and hotel team we are unable to notice these issues where our valuable guest able to help us.

I would like to assure that our hotel have been inspected about a week ago for all over rooms and in the lobby and hallway. In addition to that, as per our brand policy and health regulations, we have already given a special treatment for all our rooms and each part of the hotel area. I would like to reassure you that we have completely inspected our rooms, bathrooms, lobby, hallways and all our amenities that we use for our valuable guest. Moreover, please do excuse us, if it did not meet your expectations.

Please excuse us at this time as we are doing our greatest everyday to provide the best for our guests. We will definitely improve our standards and services. We hope to see you again at our hotel soon. We appreciate your comments. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Bristol
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Very friendly staff on the desk and in the restaurant. We had a nice chat with all the staff, everyone was nice and helpful.
The evening meal in the restaurant was better than we expected and reasonably priced.
However, the hotel chain really needs to invest in some upgrades. The beds are old, the restaurant is dated, carpets worn, mold around the window frames.
The breakfast left a lot to be desired, and there was a breakfast monitor watching us which was unsettling.
I think the staff are really trying, the place was clean, but the place needs some updating by the chain.
It is a convenient location if you are driving through on the NY Thruway.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
jimmy g, General Manager at Ramada Newburgh/West Point, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Hello AnnaliciousBristol,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay with us. It’s a pleasure to hear you had such a positive experience during your stay.

In addition, your feedback is very important to us and helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay to all our guests.

As a manager, I will definitely discuss with our management team for an update some of the area and guest room furniture and fixtures to be update most for our future guests.

Fort Montgomery, New York
Reviewed 20 February 2014

A snow storm happened during my stay. Went to check out and my car was plowed in. Front desk said I could pay $10 per day or stay an additional night and pay for room again. I tried to have this rectified and was told I could have sat in lobby until my car was cleaned out. My car was not cleaned out until 3 and half hours after check out. I feel I was forced to stay an additional night beyond my control. The manager was rude when speaking to him regarding this situation. I will never stay at this location again.

• Stayed February 2014
jimmy g, General Manager at Ramada Newburgh/West Point, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Hello Heather329,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for any inconvenience that you had during your stay.

As a manager and from our entire staffs we really apologize from the bottom of our heart for the unpleasant experience you experience at our hotel during your stay.

We hope to see you again at the hotel as we are improving our service and standards every day. Please excuse us this time as we were lacking in attention and I promise we will take better care of our guests here on now. Thank you again for your comments.
Ilion
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Chose your hotel because of the extras in the room - especially the fridge (for my sons bottles). Everything was fine except that we booked the room through Wyndam Rewards and was given a certain price. We were supposed to get 4 nights for the price of 3. We did NOT get that deal. We were charged for all 4 nights. I was born in the Hudson Valley and grew up in Newburgh. My husband and infant son were visiting family for Christmas. I am rethinking staying at the Ramada and recommending others to stay at the Ramada.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

jimmy g, General Manager at Ramada Newburgh/West Point, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Hello Jason B,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience that you had during your stay.

We are really apologizing for the deal that you won’t able to get it for your stay. Also, we work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newburgh
Howard Johnson Inn - Newburgh
Four Points by Sheraton Newburgh Stewart Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill
The Thayer Hotel
The Thayer Hotel
#1 of 1 in West Point

Been to Ramada Newburgh/West Point? Share your experiences!