“Disturbingly disgusting” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Newburgh
Vestal, New York, United States
“Disturbingly disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

Disgusting. So dirty my socks were BLACK from walking on the carpets and there were spiders in our room. Asked to have our maid clean the tub in our room which had hair from whoever stayed before, and it was never taken care of. Front desk man was very nice, we asked to stay in a quiet area of the hotel and that was fulfilled nicely. Halls were smokey but our room was not. Overall it was so dirty we would never stay there again. And to the management who will write back to this saying "we would have switched your room" with all the other negative reviews saying the same thing, how did we know our next room wouldn't be worse? My advice: fix the problems people are telling you about and simply "switching rooms" for people doesn't cut it.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Luba P, General Manager at Super 8 Newburgh - West Point Stewart Intl Airport, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
I thank you for your comments and for bringing these things to my attention. We will be working on all of the mentioned issues with the housekeeping department so this is not a problem again.

regards,

Ms. Luba

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
West Boylston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

The hotel staff were very accomodating. The room had a strong perfumed odor and smelled of cigarette smoke. I had requested a non-smoking room. The parking lot was a very active place well into the early hours of the morning. Some of the activity was highly offensive. On the last night of our stay I encountered a large millipede or something like it which was disconcerting. I will arrange other occomodations next time I visit this area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

North Bergen
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

Hi, front desk was peasant. Room cleaning amd service was horrible. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Luba P, General Manager at Super 8 Newburgh - West Point Stewart Intl Airport, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Dear Ms. Kenya,

I read your review and I apologize that you were not happy with our housekeeping. I did look into our log book and did not see any kind of a concern regarding your room but should you come this way again please contact me personally and i will try to make your stay more pleasant.

Thank you for your review.

Luba P.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newburgh
Four Points by Sheraton Newburgh Stewart Airport
Howard Johnson Inn - Newburgh
No photo provided
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill
Days Inn Newburgh West Point/Stewart Intl Airport

Been to Super 8 Newburgh - West Point Stewart Intl Airport? Share your experiences!