“Wouldn't stay here again”

Courtyard Newburgh Stewart Airport
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Newburgh
Montgomery, New York
“Wouldn't stay here again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

My fiance and I stayed here a couple of years ago for a weekend away from home and the best part of our stay was sleeping at night. The bed was comfortable and the atmosphere of the room was nice, but everything else was awful. The woman at the front desk when we checked in was rude and and didn't want to apply our AAA discount to the bill. the walls were so thin, we heard every movement and word happening in the rooms next to ours, so it took us a while to fall asleep at night.. Everything echoed! The Jacuzzi was entirely way to small. I'm a little heavier than most women, but I'm not huge and what was supposed to be a romantic room and weekend getaway turned into a solo session in the tub - and I got out in 10 minutes because it was so small I was uncomfortable. I've been in other spas in other Courtyard hotels and they weren't half as small and uncomfortable as this one was. While checking out, another woman behind the counter was just as rude and nasty to us as the first one. I later wrote a letter to the corporation to complain and what was their answer? Another weekend stay in their hotel. I told them that's not what I wanted, I would never stay there again. I wanted reimbursement (if not all, at least half) for our stay and they refused. When you want happy customers, you do what it takes to make happy customers, and I told them exactly what I thought of their establishment. I will never stay there again. They should take pointers from their brothers and sisters elsewhere in the country.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Freehold, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel has everything except, of course, complimentary breakfast. As other reviewers have mentioned, this was a positive experience, though certainly not inexpensive. Overall, it's convenient, attractive and comfortable!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dunbarton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

The rooms were clean and quiet, but were not great for people with allergies. The biggest problem with the hotel is the poor staff training, with discourteous staff particularly at their bistro service area. The bistro staff was nowhere to be found on Saturday night and all the front desk could do was call the bistro and let the phone ring for ten minutes...which made no sense because the front desk could see that there was no staff at bistro. When the a staff member finally showed up, she was less than courteous. The following morning a different staff member also was discourteous with the breakfast patrons.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

This hotel is located between I-84 and the Newburgh Stewart Airport but surprisingly the room was quiet. The lobby and rooms are upscale. It has a great message board in the lobby. It has a small indoor pool, jacuzzi, and exercise room. It has two computers in the lobby for guests. The hotel is clean and the beds are comfy. The rooms are large but the bathroom is small. The rooms have a refrigerator. There is a bistro in the lobby if you're hungry but you'll have to pay for breakfast. The staff is friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Long Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Very nice hotel especially for the money! Clean, great sheets, comfy beds and very nice staff. They have a pool and a jacuzzi. We used both and enjoyed the quick, clean swim. I recommend bringing a suit

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this property several times and each time I have had a great experience. The check-in is efficient and courteous and the rooms are spacious and clean. I have found the rooms to be very quiet considering the airport is in close proximity. They offer a complimentary breakfast which is adequate but not great. Overall, I always enjoy my stay and find the location convenient to all major roads. There are other hotels closer to major highways, but feel that this property is consistent and well appointed.

• Stayed November 2012
Yardville, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is the second time my wife and I stayed at this Marriott. Whenever we travel we usually stay at Marriotts because we do not like unwelcome surprises. The Newburgh Marriott was comfortable, clean, and staff was very helpful. Our room was a good size, contained new furniture, a refrigerator and a new flat screen TV. The air conditioner worked properly and was quiet. Although we did not use the exercise room and indoor pool, others did and it appeared that these hotel amenities were very popular. We particularly enjoyed the bistro in the lobby of the hotel. Food and drink, including alcoholic beverages, were available. The one negative that I found about the hotel is that the bistro closed at 10 PM every night. I think that the hotel should keep the bistro open to at least 11 PM particularly if patrons are still sitting at the bar at 10 PM. The hotel is close to other nice restaurants and shopping centers in the area. Overall we had a very good experience.

Room Tip: The hotel provides special rates for seniors.