“Excellent Hotel but a Little Out of the Way”

Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Newburgh
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The hotel itself and the staff are excellent. During our stay in the Cornwall area, we have had the chance to stay here twice and both times we were greeted by super friendly front desk people and the rooms have been both spacious and clean. The lobby has been nicely updated and there is a Bistro and small marketplace to service any needs regardless the time of day.

About 2 miles or so away, you'll find shopping centers with Target, Starbucks, Panera, and fast food on almost every corner. But to get around the area like to West Point and other locations it does seem a bit off.

Be warned that we thought it was closer to the airport, but to get here in the dark of night we at first that Apple Maps had steered us wrong again, but it is just on the opposite side of where the terminal is so you have to drive about 4 miles around the airport perimeter to get there.

Overall, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 December 2013

From the moment my fiance and I checked in I knew that it was going to be an awesome stay. The customer service, attention to my needs, making me feel like I'm home away from home and helping me out the entire stay exceeded my expectations. If you are looking to stay in the Newburgh area you definitely need to check out this property. I will definitely stay here again for my future travel needs.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

We've stayed at a couple of the other hotels in the area, and this place has the most comfortable beds. There's also a Dunkin Donuts across the street! In addition, their staff--especially the bistro staff--is very helpful and friendly. Shopping and restaurants are just a 5 min drive away.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed there over a football weekend. Rooms were OK, available food service extremely limited. Overall, very average. The hotel is located off a highway but not particularly close to anything. In our case it was more than 30 minutes from our activities. The staff was pleasant but not overly helpful or customer oriented. The breakfast was typical lackluster food that these hotels serve.

Room Tip: choose a room on the non-highway side to limit noise at night
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed her for a weekend shopping trip to Woodbury Commons. We were at the hotel for less than 12 hours but had a positive experience and would recommend. It's easy to locate from I-87 and I-84. There's not much in the way of food nearby but the front desk person gave us a menu for Frank's (a 10 minute ride away but they also deliver to your room) and the food was very good and affordable. Our king room was clean and spacious and the pillows were fluffy and soft. The other room in our party had 2 beds and tat room was clean well appointed as well. Although the hotel is near an airport it appears to be a small regional one so noise was not a factor for us.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Last night driving along I-84 in New York, tired and needing a room I was lucky enough to find this Courtyard. It was kind of late and I didn't have a reservation, but they were able to find a room for me. It was the usual, comfortable Courtyard room with everything I needed.

The pleasant surprise was having something available to eat. Usually I don't expect to get much in terms of food for dinner at a Courtyard. But to my surprise they have "The Bistro", in the lobby area. It was awesome! All I wanted was something hot, healthy and light, and they didn't disappoint! They have a small bar, where I enjoyed a very cold beer and waited for my dinner. They even had the football game on!

When leaving the next morning, and on the lookout fora a Dunkin' Donuts, I didn't have to look far, as it was right across the street! This is a favorite stop for all the Fedex drivers, so be prepared for a line.

So got the car filled up, got my Dunkin', and got on my way. The hotel is right next to the Stewart Airport, which is very convenient if that's how you travel. You can even print your boarding pass at the Courtyard.

Good nights rest at the Newburgh Courtyard. Well worth the stop and the Bistro was a very pleasant surprise. They also have a pool and a small workout room with a couple of treadmills and other stuff.

Room Tip: Might get quieter on an upper floor, but my 1st floor room was quiet in spite of being very close to...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stay at Marriott hotels very frequently for work but I stayed at this Courtyard this weekend as part of a mother-daughter get-a-way. Hotel is very close to the Woodbury Commons Outlets and the towns of Beacon, Cold Spring, and Newburgh...all of which have great restaurants and shops! Hotel lobby is completely updated with a bar that serves Starbucks, snacks, wine, etc. I was surprised there was no complimentary breakfast as every other Courtyard I have ever stayed in has offered this. Overall, very impressed with the service, room, and amenities. Will definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newburgh
Hampton Inn & Suites Newburgh Stewart Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Newburgh Stewart Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Montgomery
Howard Johnson Inn - Newburgh
Courtyard Middletown
Courtyard Middletown
#3 of 9 in Middletown

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport? Share your experiences!