“What the Heck?????”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Newburgh
Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
“What the Heck?????”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I told them I was payoing cash when I would check out, I gave them my bank card as I dont have credit cards, I look on my bank account and they have $575 on hold in my checking account, My account is now over drawn, I called and I have to call a Kim in the morning. The woman who answered the phone said she cant credit the account, which I dont believe, and something about a letter from the bank, I have never had any problems like this before, and they charge you a 75 fee in case you use stuff in your room BEWARE like I needed this and they dont tell you any of this

Room Tip: Do not get the evne number rooms as they are right behind I 84 and very noisy
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Kim S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Linda:

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the authorization hold on your bank card was not explained to you. As we discussed this morning over the phone, I've spoken with your bank and they will be releasing the authorized funds. I will be sure to speak with my desk staff to ensure they're properly communicating the authorization to our guests. Thank you for your feedback and if I can assist you further in any way, please feel free to contact me directly at (845) 567-4800. ~Kim Soria, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I really liked the layout of our room. The small coffee area was tucked around the corner from the bed area. It was easier to make coffee without waking the kids in the morning. Same thing with the bathroom. We only stayed one night and we thought it was very nice.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I always stayed while traveling for business because the rooms are always clean and staff always pleasant. I woke up to my van vandalised and some minor things stolen and rear window smashed in. The staff was very nice to help me clean up the glass all over the back of the van and they called the police to fill out a report. The police asked to view the camera but staff stated there is no security camera's placed outside. Most hotels now have security cameras placed outside and I'm disappointed the manager didn't try to contact me to discuss this incident. Security cameras are not that expensive to install these days.It ruined my whole day and slowed me up and I had to get the glass fixed before I went on my way. I was parked very close to the entrance and parked directly under a light post.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 2manyTimesontheroad
Kim S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Hello:

I'm very sorry for what you experienced while visiting our property. I can understand your frustration to wake up the next morning only to have your car vandalized. Our property is normally a very safe, and secure area and not having a vehicle vandalized in the past we didn't feel the need for security cameras. I promise this is something we'll look into adding and hope to avoid this in the future. Again, I'm very sorry for what you experienced. Kim Soria - General Manager.
Meredith, New Hampshire
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Arrived at Courtyard on Thursday 7/17 for a quick one night stay. My room was ready when I arrived. Unfortunately they did not have any king beds available, however the 2 queens were fine. The room was clean and updated. Free breakfast in the morning was a nice bonus. Would stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: I had a 3rd floor room away from the elevator... No street noise, no hallway noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Near both an airport and two highways, I wondered if I would be bothered by any noise. No worries...they must have added sound buffering when they built the place, because I slept like a log both nights I was here. Helpful and pleasant staff. Nicely decorated room. I would have liked a hassock (which is what seems to be standard in Marriott's Fairfield Inn line, but not in Courtyard) rather than a cocktail table; because I like to put my feet up when reading or watching TV. The grounds here are very nicely landscaped. You can get breakfast and/or dinner in-house if you want. With all of the good diners and restaurants just a few minutes away, I chose to eat off-sire for all but one quick breakfast. The service was friendly. The breakfast was uncomplicated, so I don't think I can offer an opinion on the dining experience (although if they messed it up, I surely let you know!). I will stay here again and recommended this place to friends already.

Room Tip: I was near a door and thought that might present a problem with people coming and going; but this pl...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Just a great hotel that had a very friendly staff. Directions to anything in and around Newburgh. The pool is okay, the hot tub is average, the workout center is a bit small. The room was excellent. TV was up to date, shower had good hot water. The location makes it close to airport and a very convenient gas station with a Dunkin Doughnuts inside the gas station. Would return here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Wayne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We and our daughter's family decided to break up a long trip from a family reunion picnic back to Pennsylvania with a stay in the Newburgh/Fishkill area. We had stayed in Fishkill previously but were unable to book a satisfactory hotel, so we decided to stay at this Marriott. We had anticipated that a hotel near an airport would be big, noisy, and congested. We were pleasantly surprised by its private location just off interstates 84 & 87. It was set among the trees and extremely quiet. We were greeted immediately at the small registration desk and proceeded to our huge, nicely appointed king suite. When my daughter's family arrived, they discovered that their room was not close to ours as requested. They have two small children, so this was not convenient. They requested a change and were immediately accommodated. The beds were very high quality and provided us a comfortable night's sleep. The breakfast was typical of many of today's hotels with a limited menu at reasonable prices. The food was adequate, but the people who staffed the eating area were extremely helpful and accommodating. We will certainly stay here again and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Room 220 was spectacular
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newburgh
Four Points by Sheraton Newburgh Stewart Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Newburgh Stewart Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport
Howard Johnson Inn - Newburgh
Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill
HYATT house Fishkill/Poughkeepsie

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport? Share your experiences!