“Best BB I have stayed at”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Private Room, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 2
Newcomb, New York

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 6 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Any
Alyssa M
“Best BB I have stayed at”
Reviewed 8 January 2017 for a stay in May 2016

My mom and I have an annual trip to the adirondacks. We didn't want to camp this year so we tried a B&B. The house was beautiful. We had the house to ourselves all but 1 day and we were their for 5 days. Best breakfast ever, takes requests. In the heart of Adirondacks. Would stay again for sure!

Location Cleanliness
Travelling group: Family
Jan U
“Our stay”
Reviewed 12 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

My husband and I stayed 3 nights. We liked the location of the Hoot Owl. It is a friendly place to stay,and just what we were looking for after our busy week in Boston. Peaceful and relaxing. Kelly is a great hostess. She respects your privacy, cooks a great breakfast, keeps the comfy,huge home clean, and welcoming. You feel like you are in your own home. It is a PERFECT place to stay.

Travelling group: Family
Larry C
Middlebury, Indiana
“A jem of a place in the heart of the park!”
Reviewed 9 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

NIce place. Very nice! Kelly and Tony are great hosts.The guys and I stayed in the bunk room.The place exudes a clean adirondack charm.
The location is great! Your at the entrance to:
Santinoni lodge, Essex chain of lakes, Adirondack interpretive center, Goodnow Mtn.
My wife is going to love this place when we com back.

Location Cleanliness
Travelling group: Friends
Judith R
“Adirondack Mountain GET-A-WAY”
Reviewed 24 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I LOVED my stay at Hoot Owl Lodge. Newcomb is a great town with a wonderful public beach on Lake Harris. No membership needed, clean sandy beach, spacious changing rooms, and a crystal clear, refreshing lake supported by a lifeguard staff. After completing a 3 day high peak backpacking adventure and spending a night at Harris Lake campgrounds, I was ready for a little pampering. Hoot Owl Lodge did a fantastic job of doing that. It is a clean and spacious house with architectural charms...my favorite being the face of the fireplace designed with flowers made out of pinecones. Our hostess Kelly went above and beyond. She told me to help myself to anything in the fridge during the day including some chilled wine. My husband & I stayed in the TR room ....large, with a comfortable queen bed. All the bedrooms share a bathroom. There was 1 other couple at the b-n-b and this sharing of bathroom space did not bother me. After all, I had to use a pit toilet for 3 days! The following morning Kelly made a delicious hot breakfast, accommodating our need for an early start. I am very social and the conversation flowed. The house has a pretty backyard with an old apple tree and a big fire pit; such a relaxing environment.
Hoot Owl Lodge is close to the historic Santanoni Camp, SUNY ESF Newcomb campus (with interesting displays and easy walks with no elevation or an intermediate hike up Goodnow Mt. to a fire tower) and the Upper Works hikes. We will be back again for sure!

Value Location
michaelg1...
“Hiking High Peaks”
Reviewed 22 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

The High Peaks accessed from Upper Works trailhead are remote and the sparse lodging in nearby Newcomb (especially winter) made hiking logistics tough. Problem solved! The Hoot Owl B&B is a perfect staging area for these hikes. Comfortable and homey. Like minded folks. Plenty of coffee and easy breakfast options for early starters. Stayed there twice recently and will absolutely go back!

Park F
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Positively one of the best BnBs I've ever been to.”
Reviewed 22 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

I'll have to caveat that by saying that I've actually never stayed at a BnB before I stayed at this one, but the fact of the matter is that I don't think I could find a better one if I tried. Kelly and Tony made us feel as though we were long-time friends. Screw what people say about being made to 'feel like family'. That doesn't really describe how they treated us, because you treat extended family with respect, but it doesn't mean you roll out the red carpet for them. You make them feel comfortable, but you don't go crazy on the effort.

What Kelly and Tony did for us is that they made us feel as though we were close to them in that same way you treat a good friend you haven't seen in a long time: you know, one of those childhood friends you share jokes with, that you'd do pretty much anything for, and they did.

My girlfriend and I went out there to take a quick weekend getaway. She works with a schedule opposite mine, so once in a blue moon we get a weekend together and I try my best to see that we make it special. That's what we did with this trip to Newcomb, and whether or not they knew it, Tony and Kelly made that experience the most refreshing, enjoyable, warm stay that I've had, family, friend or guest. We ended up kayaking out in the Essex Chain Lakes and when we didn't come back before sundown, Tony came out looking for us. We made it out all right just before he came out there, sacrificing a DLSR in the process, but that's our fault and it certainly didn't sour our experience with the gents at Hoot Owl, and he invited us into his home to sit and warm up.

Oh, forgot to say, the lodge itself is awesome. The rooms are well maintained, the breakfast Tony and Kelly make in the morning is more than enough and it's delicious, and the location is so much quieter than going up to Albany.

10/10 A+ Will stay again.

Rooms Location
Travelling group: Couples
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;