“Delicious in a country atmosphere”

Stella's Barn Restaurant & Gift Shop
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Newfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2014

As one drives by this 'barn' one cannot imagine the delicious food one will be served. Reservations are highly recommended for Friday night's Fish Fry which is superb! The desserts are a bit expensive, but one gets a truly delicious surprise no matter which dessert one orders. I especially love their pulled pork sandwich with the sweet potato fries which are served with their homemade sauce. Yummy!!!

Sometimes the service is slow, but the wait is worth every minute as the place is quite small.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

My wife and I have been there several times. We also have introduced friends and family because we love it so much.
The food has always been good with fair prices. The menu has plenty of choices for anyone's diet and tastes. They even do drink specials.
The decor is country and antiques. They include a gift shop with locally hand crafted gifts.
The staff that we have met are great.
We will be going back again and again.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I'd heard a lot of good things about Stella's Barn and had driven by many times. Last week my son, his partner and myself stopped in for dinner at around 5:30pm. The small parking lot out front was packed full. We drove around to the back. There was another lot back there but it's located on a rather steep incline and not what I'd call 'elderly' friendly. (I'm not elderly, just saying.)

Inside it was pretty much as expected, refurbished rustic barn decor theme. We quickly found out there was a holiday party going on in the larger of two dining areas. We waited in a VERY narrow and over-crowed hallway until one of the waitresses finally broke free from her party duties and seated us in a small room not much bigger than the hallway we'd just been standing it. Good thing none of us are claustrophobic. Apart from the party, there was one other table of about 6 people in the place. Our drink orders came - eventually. Silverware and napkins were brought upon request after we'd ordered our meals.

And we waited...and waited... and waited. I was beginning to think we'd been forgotten in our little private oubliette or maybe they'd had to wait for the eggplant to ripen before our meals arrived. The food itself was fine. Nothing to rave about apart OTHER THAN the superb cornbread we were brought - sans any cutlery with which to spread the butter with.

I got the eggplant parm, my son got ravioli and his partner went for the chicken parm. They were pretty much on the lower end of the price scale for the place and the bill, with tip, was over $50. We left full but I don't see myself suggesting it to others.

The service was slow. You could blame that on the party going on but it wasn't like the party was a random thing. They should have had an extra waitress on that night to take care of regular customers.

The atmosphere was less than welcoming and we felt forgotten being stuck in that little side room. The food was alright but nothing to rave about. The parking was very limited. The prices were too high.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

14 of us dined there for dinner. For being a Friday night and a crowded restaurant, the service was timely and the food was good. The next day we returned and hosted a birthday party luncheon/buffet in a private room. There were about 45 of us celebrating our Dad's 90th birthday. The party was a success and the food and service was also great.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We have been driving by this place for years and have never stopped because we are always in a hurry to get to our PA home. Stella's is only an hour away and at this point in our journey we just want to get unpacked. This trip though we had a coupon from Dining Dough and Stella's just happens to be one of the few places that accept them. I planned the stop just for that reason and did not expect much at all.

It looks small from the outside, but looks can be deceiving. We were greeted as we entered by Lisa, who is one of the most friendly, efficient, and attentive waitresses I have met recently. She brought us to our table and took our drink orders. While she was gone I took the liberty of walking around to check the place out. We had arrived just at opening time for lunch and were the only customers there so far.

I was surprised to find a very roomy establishment, very clean and fresh smelly, and tastefully decorated. The furnishings are what I would call ecclectic more than the "barn" look the name would suggest. Some tables were large, some were small, chairs were matched to the tables instead of all being the same. Some were in groups in a large rear room, one was in a very private front room all by its self. Our table was topped with a newpaper from the local area that dated from the Korean War era. It made for fascinating perusal as we waited for our food.

I found a very large full bar in the back stocked with a full compliment of top shelf beverages. Lisa told me that they stock about popular beer you might ask for. I promptly asked for a Sam Adams, Guiness, or Yuengling. They had all of them and many more as well. A full wine list is also available.

I went to wash my hands and found the restroom to be spotless from floor to ceiling. The gold plated fixtures were a nice touch. My wife confirmed that the ladies room was the same immaculate condition.

Our food order arrived in only about 15 minutes. I ordered the Ezzie Burger which is a massive hand pressed half pound patty of beef with all the trimmings and topped with several crunchy slices of bacon and cole slaw. It was rare just like I requested and so juicey that I had to wipe my elbow several times. It is a true two handed burger and truthfully, one of the very best I have ever enjoyed in a restaurant. I ordered sweet potatoe fries which came with a tangy house sauce that complimented them perfectly. My wife had a beautiful turkey burger and fries which I sampled as well. Again everything was wonderful.

We had originally going to have a desert as well, but were so full we dared not risk another bite. Instead we took a rain check on desert till the return trip to our NY home. Lisa confirmed that Stella's also serves wonderful dinners as well.

I heartily recommend Stella's If you are passing this way. If you are not then you should set the GPS for a jog off the beaten path just for a great dining experience. Oh BTW, they have a nice little gift shop as well. Tell Lisa that I sent you. You can't go wrong with this place. It's comfort food at it's finest.