“Our stay in Niagra Falls was made so much better by a very friendly and extremely helpful check in clerk.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Ashley patiently gave us directions, suggestions regarding rainy day fun and restaurant ideas including directions. The hotel was clean and located convenient to where we were going. There was a nearby mall, movie theater as well as the falls. We were very happy with our stay and will stay again if the service and cleanliness stay the same.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank tuckerup

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Korean first
Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I made reservation with Priceline.com without knowing what hotel I would end up with. When info came back I was booked at Holiday Inn Express, which was fine, they usually give great service. I read in Priceline that to secure room type you want you need to call and request ahead of time-which I did twice. Both times I was told that it shouldn't be a problem. So naturally I logged onto trip advisor to check out hotel and check reviews. I was confused..some reviews where good but some where bad. Most bad reviews centered around the attitude of the hotel staff. I read ALOT of the reviews but what really concerned me was the response from the hotel. It seemed that any negative review was then attacked in return by hotel representative. However, it was too late the room was paid.

We arrived at check in on time. I mentioned that I had called to request 2 double beds and she mentioned I had spoke to her regarding the request. She then said that it was an additional
$20 a night for the change. I told her what priceline contract stated but was told it was hotel policy. I then told her I would pay additional $20 fo 1st nite but would like to contact Priceline to talk to them. The girl agreed, my card was run but just before I was given the key an older Indian woman who had been listening off to the side approached the counter and asked what was going on. The young attendent looked scared to death. I assumed she was management and explained that I wanted to check situation with Priceline. She told me that the additional $20 was required to stay. I said fine I had paid it but had read reviews regarding this hotel doing this to many other guests and wanted to check policy. She than became crazy..she drew an "X" through contract told the frightened front desk girl to cancel my reservation that I MUST leave her hotel. I was shocked...we were just having a conversation there where no raised voices, no swearing, no disturbance whatsoever. At that moment I knew who responded to bad reviews..I was looking at her.

I said she couldn't do that I had already paid both priceline and the hotel I had hundreds of dollars wrapped up in this weekend and it being Fri wouldn't see any refund for days. At counter I called Holiday Inn hot line and recalled what had happened to representative. The woman I spoke with was shocked and kept appologizing on behalf of Holiday Inn. She put me on hold and called hotel to talk to management (she got the older Indian woman). When representative came back on she apologized again told me she was going to send memo of hotels behavior but that the woman said I was belligerent and disrupting and she would not allow me to?!?? I told Rep that was a complete lie she said she understood and then did something amazing she deep discounted our stay at the Holiday Inn on the falls. It was a beautiful room on 6th floor in a full service hotel (great staff and amazing pool). THANKS AGAIN!

Before leaving original hotel I called priceline to discuss problem. They were also amazing:, they listened to what had happened the gentlemen then called the hotel and spoke to the same woman. When he came back on the line he offered me a total refund (which they usually don't do) mentioned that there was definite problems at that property and said he would send email up chain of command to let them know. I can't thank them enough for their great customer service.

Bottom line....read reviews (especially what the hotel's response is), be aware that not all people in hospitality industry are hospitable or should be in industry and for every one crazy person there are two that know hospitality.

Room Tip: Stay on Canadian side...better value…better location.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank tripingalong
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear tripingalong,

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and concerns online. We highly value opinions and feedbacks as this assist us in our never-ending task to better ourselves.

We read with much concern the troubles you had during your visit. We deeply regret the inconvenience the situation has caused you and apologize for the poor service you received from our staff regarding your reservation. Our goal is to ensure that all our guests leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all their requests, therefore, we are sincerely concern when we fall short of your expectations.

Guest comfort is of utmost importance to us and we always strive to provide the best accomodation, as such, your comments will definitely be taken into consideration for improvements where possible. We appreciate your feedback as this is our primary source in improving our guest services. We value your custom and as always we remain at your disposal.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Rocklin, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Great hotel!!! They were ALL AMAZING! A lot of our guests stayed here and this is a perfect spot if you have a large group and/or family too! Kids play area a huge hit! We stayed there one night and our room was beautiful! New laminate/hardwood floors. I work in the industry and am VERY picky about cleanliness and the whole facility was updated and clean! They are VERY accommodating and the staff was wonderful handing our all of our welcome packages to our guests. Best prices for the area and value. Great buffet too!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JRichey2013
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

My wife and I planned a trip to Niagara Falls, not knowing that we had to have a passport these days, to enter Canada and return to the States. By the time we found that out, we could not get one soon enought, so we had to stay on the American side. The Holiday Inn Express is 7 miles from the falls, which is great because you can get away from the hustle and bustle around the falls, but be there in about 10 minutes when you want to go. The falls are very easy to get to from this motel. When we arrived, expedia had gotten our name wrong, and there was no reservation for us. We had booked a king room. and all kings were sold. They offered us a room with 2 double beds, but since we had paid for a king, I really wanted a king room! I am not one to cause a big scene over a mistake, which was not the motel's fault in the first place. So we reluctantly agreed to take the room with two double beds. The desk clerk, Tammy, called expedia and let me talk to them. They told me they would get us a king at another property, but the only available properties with a king were in Canada. So I hung up from talking with them and told Tammy we would take the other room with the two double beds. She said she would take care of us, and gave us a king room with a two person jacuzzi for the same price! She was very nice and accommodating. The stay was excellant, very clean, good breakfast, great staff. Tammy went out of her way to make our stay the best it could be! Would highly recommend this property if you plan a visit to the Niagara Falls area!

• Stayed September 2013
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel very much. We were in Niagara Falls overnight to do some shopping. The front desk people were friendly and helpful throughout our stay. We were in Room 224 and the wifi wasn't working. A young man came up to help us but nothing could be done. He thinks it's because the exercise room was right across the hall from our room. If you want to use the computer you'll have to go to the lobby and use the one in the little conference room there. The cookies available at the front desk were delicious and a nice touch. The breakfast was bountiful in selection. I loved the pancakes made from that super machine! Next shopping trip we'll be back!

Room Tip: Perhaps avoid Room 224 if you want internet access.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
New England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

This property is located near the Niagara Falls Airport, some distance away from the ultra busy Niagara Falls tourist area. We had a nicely furnished suite with double queens and a convertible couch, which worked out well for the 3 of us.
Although we called for reservations the day before our arrival and the online reservation system showed the property was fully booked, I called the hotel directly. I spoke with Mandy, who was very accommodating and could meet our needs exactly, relative to accommodations and pricing.
The inn is well maintained and well equipped. The full breakfast offers a larger variety than most Holiday Inn Express Inns I've stayed at. The "minder" of the breakfast bar is ever present and keeps everything up to snuff.
We had several special requests during our stay which Mandy met and exceeded. She was a very positive force there.
Upon our arrival, we noticed an agent at the inn offering tour packages of the popular sights in the area with pick up and drop off at the hotel. We signed up and the 5 hour tour on a small bus (12 of us) and outstanding guide was excellent. Mandy extended our checkout time until after the return of the tour at 2pm.
Staying at this property off the busiest driving area and taking the offered tour was a great decision, which I wholeheartedly recommend to others.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank TomTurlock
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night during our outlet shopping excursion. The front desk staff were not very polite in the sense of greeting us upon our arrival, they seemed pre-occupied, but outside of that, the room itself was very clean and the bed comfortable, breakfast in the morning was ok, had better at Hampton. Location to Fashion outlets was excellent, would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
HIENFMgmt, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear CruiserJoe

Thank you for your recent stay and I would like to apologize for our staff not giving you a warm greeting upon arrival. We pride ourselves in the hospitality training of our staff and I have had a word to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

We are conveniently located near the Outlet Centre and are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future. Thank you.