“Do not opt for Tours- Do it yourself individually”

Niagara Scenic Tours
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 499 helpful votes
“Do not opt for Tours- Do it yourself individually”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Niagra Falls is awesome! However would not recommend taking a paid tour for the nearby attractions. Better take individual tickets - go there yourself as it will take same amount of time and you don't need a guide to take you through. You can drive to the nearby places on your own and spend as much time you want to spend there!

Visited May 2014
5 Thank Bihadi

Stafford, United Kingdom
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Overwhelming !”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Visited niagra falls with some friends in September. It is really breathtaking. Not too many people there so we were able to take lots of photo s. . You can go on a boat around and under the falls I think, we didn't have time but I would think it would be well worth it. Local shops and restaurants are good, lots of places to eat in the area.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Polly G
Plattsburgh, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Individual Walk”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We were not part of an organized tour; we walked the path on our own at night. It was well lit and felt safe enough!! We wished we had remembered our passports so we could get to the Canadian side! The souvenier shop was so much fun! There's even a food court!!

Visited April 2014
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“It's just water..”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I'm glad I went to see this to say I have but I thought it would be amazing but it's just water, not that great. Worth popping along if you're there though!

Visited June 2013
Islamabad, Pakistan
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Having heard so much about it since my childhood days, this is one place I never wanted to miss. So I drove all the way from Washington to Rochester and one sunny morning found myself in this most beautiful place. It is the place to be in summers. The views were simply breathtaking. There's lots of eating places and the Ice cream, well the 42 years young kid in me loved it. There's escalators that take you to the ground floor from where you take a boat ride near the falls with mist all over your face. They do give you raincoats to wear. Its called "The Maid of the Mist", please don't miss this boat ride!! The place has ample green lawns and one can lay in the sun enjoying watching the views and listening to the birds. The souvenir shop is one of the best I have ever seen. I shopped more than I could carry back home. Too bad I could not wait till night time when they have colored lights playing magic with the falls and some fireworks too. Very clean, enjoyable and good experience. They say the view from Canadian side is even more beautiful, so next time I am going there :-)

Visited June 2013