“Brilliant way to see and experience Niagara Falls”

Niagara Majestic Tours
Ranked #10 of 22 Tours in Niagara Falls
Stumpy1607
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Brilliant way to see and experience Niagara Falls”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We had just one day in Niagara Falls and this tour was recommended by the hotel. We had a fabulous day and felt that we experienced the very best of what Niagara had to offer. The tour included the Skylon Tower, Journey Behind The Falls, The Whirlpool Rapids, Butterfly Observatory and finally the Maid of the Mist. Our tour guide Jeannie was very knowledgable and provided all entry tickets to the attractions with no long queues. The bus was at conditioned and comfortable. A great day!

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Stumpy1607

USA
3 attraction reviews
“Must See”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Amazing. Have seen The Falls many, many times on film; but *nothing* compares to 'up-close-and-personal'. Spend the extra bucks and take the Maid of the Mist ride too.

Visited June 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Tour of the attractions in the Falls area”
Reviewed 21 July 2011

My elderly parents and I took this tour last August 2010 . The different sites which we saw were great. The Butterfly Conservatory is a must!!! the tour guide was great and made arrangements so that I could have a wheelchair for my father who has limited walking. They also suggested different things to see in various areas at the Falls. I would repeat this tour anytime i would visit the Falls.

Visited August 2010
Jaybrye
“An expensive disappointment”
Reviewed 8 July 2010

My group and I were talked into this trip by a man at the Radisson Hotel in Downtown Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. It seemed like a reasonable price at $200 CAD per couple, but the trip itself around many of Niagara Falls was quick, there was no AC on the bus, the lines were long, there was never much time to shop, and many of the tour bus guests were rude - and the driver allowed this.

Additionally, the trip was flawed from the start because our group was separated. The tour bus operator's rule was "To keep the seat you first picked." We never picked our seats because we were the last stop on the way. By the time she came down to the Radission, there were just a few scattered seats left. Her "I could care less attitude" really soured all of our experiences.

Most horrible was the group of retired Quebecians at the back of the bus. They would not move their group of 4 so we could have the couple on their honeymoon sit together. If you really think about it, isn't sharing experiences with the people that you're closest to what's most important?

Overall, this was a horrible experience we paid money for. If you are interested in a tour, I would highly recommend another tour company. Pick any, I'm sure they're better than this one.

4 Thank Jaybrye
Gaithersburg, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Not good value for money spent.”
Reviewed 12 August 2004

On Monday, August 9, 2004, we drove east from Detroit to Niagara Falls. At a rest stop on the 401 about 100 km east of Windsor, there was a Niagara Falls tourism office - information and reservations. We went in to ask about things and were sold a hotel room at the Radisson (OK) and a tour of the area with Niagara Majestic Tours. I hadn't done any research and wanted something arranged when I got there.

The price of the tour, for three adults, was around $230.00 USD. For this, we received:

Three tickets for the Maid of the Mist boat which would have been around $30.00 USD total.

Three rides to the top of the Skylon observation tower which would have been around $25.00 USD total.

A narrated ride around the area, which I guessed covered the remaining $175.00!

It did not include the "Behind the Falls" feature or anything else. But we did make a stop at a gift store for 20 minutes!

This tour is NOT worth the money. It is extremely overpriced for what you get.

Afterward, I found out about the $34.95 Canadian/about $26.50 USD Adventure Pass sold by Niagara Parks, an agency of the Government of Ontario. It would have cost our family about $80.00 overall. It includes the Maid of the Mist, the Journey Behind the Falls, the White Water Walk, the Butterfly Conservatory, and all-day transportation on the People Mover and the Incline Railway (for which we paid ANOTHER $8.00 on Tuesday).

So we spent another $150.00 and got nothing we couldn't have driven to ourselves.

If you are going to the Falls, DO NOT BUY THE NIAGARA MAJESTIC TOUR unless you don't care what you pay. I wish we had done some research; if we had, we would have known about the Niagara Parks program earlier, had a better time, and saved a lot of money!

17 Thank Carleton M