“Great variety, fresh food”

Seneca Niagara Casino Buffet
Ranked #23 of 291 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet
Drums, Pennsylvania
“Great variety, fresh food”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We wanted a delicious dinner but some of the other restaurants were just too smokey to tolerate during dinner. The options on the buffet were sure to please everyone and the food was fresh and very tasty.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Dawn F

Syracuse, New York
“A good buffet”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We had lunch there. Lots and lots of choices as would be expected at any good buffet. I thought there were more non-starch choices than at many buffets; loads of meat options and there was a nice salad bar.

All the food I had was very tasty with nothing left behind on my plate with the exception of some Asian shrimp. I just took too much of that.

I found the entrees to be much better than the dessert. I love to try a bit of everything but I am not shy about leaving it if it's not the best. I took a small bite each of disappointing carrot cake, peanut butter pie and pumpkin cake. No go on any of those. However, there was a cinnamon bread pudding that was fabulous!

I believe smoking was allowed here but we never noticed it a bit, unlike in the main casino. Kudos for that!

I think everyone will find something to like here.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Linda T
Buffalo, New York
“Buffet”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stopped by for lunch and can't complain for $30 total 2 of us ate (with our players club card), all we wanted with a basic drink( alcohol cost extra I believe it was $5 for imported beer) but there was a large variety of foods. The tables are not super close together like in many buffet places, so you have room to walk and breath. They have smoking and non smoking areas. We would go again, I will agree that it is by no means a fine dining experience, it is a buffet I would not expect it to be fine dining. The place was extremely clean, food was hot and the areas where well kept. The staff was helpful, I had lost my receipt and they reprinted it for me without any difficulties and with a smile.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ecreed6
Ontario
“Terrible atmosphere, food and staff”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Hubby and I went to the buffet yesterday, and it was not a good experience at all. The food was the worst we have ever had there, and at $24 each, with casino card, we will not go back.It seems their food, service and general atmosphere have gone down hill considerably.

The prime rib was tasteless, no seasoning, the turkey tasted like it came from a tv dinner, and the mashed buttermilk potatoes were disgusting. I took a very small amount of each and didn't even finish. I thought I would try the fried chicken, there again, zero seasoning, just a greasy blah tasting..The only thing I did enjoy was some of the Mediterranean food, it had flavour. I didn't even finish my dessert, the carrot cake was so dry, I needed a drink to wash it down.

The only problem with that, we had to wait for a long period of time for a refill, we finally got one, only because I had to go ask another waitress. I have no idea where our waitress went but she was gone quite awhile. It took forever for our table to be cleared. Even when the other waitress brought our drinks, she never cleared the table. The tables are small and that does not leave much room to begin with. We saw many staff but no one once stopped to clear the table..I really wonder what the purpose of the guys dressed up in suits walking around were there for..if that's management they are sorely lacking in customer service. No acknowledgement as we sat there with empty glasses and dirty dishes.

The washroom was closed the entire time we were there! And the buffet table where the cold food (salads etc) constantly leaked huge puddles, and it was hard to navigate with the puddles, towels on the floor and the employees trying to clear it up, and it never stopped the entire time we were there.

It has gone downhill considerably since the last time we were there, and it is definitely not worth the money unless you prefer tasteless, very mediocre food and don't mind sitting there with dirty dishes on your table, and don't need a refill on drinks. Even if the waitress were on lunch, there should have been someone to cover for her..I only gave 1 star because zero were not an option. Definitely do not recommend.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank canadianhockeymom
Toronto, Canada
“Good Food, Good Service, No ambiance”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Seneca Niagara is undergoing renovations and in the last couple of years, they've re-done the buffet. It's clean and bright, but unfortunately, it looks a lot like a hospital or mall cafeteria. It's definitely not a relaxing fine-dining experience.

As for the food - very good - better than the usual buffet fare - crisp salads, a selection of quick foods like pizza, carvery, limited Asian and Mediterranean stations. The desserts were lovely.

We went in quite late for dinner - about 20 minutes from closing and the food was still being replenished and refreshed. We also received a 5 minute warning before the food was put away. Service was excellent.

All in all, great value, solid food, wish that the ambiance was better.

• Visited January 2014