“Made our stay special”

Ranked #26 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Saint Maries, Idaho
“Made our stay special”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Stayed 2 nights at the Rodeway Inn Niagara Falls, N. Y. Nothing special about the exterior of the place, but the people are what makes a difference. The room was clean & bed exceptional, refridge, microwave, coffee maker, t.v. quiet area. A short walk to the Falls ( we're 77 years old, so we know short ) Jenny, the receptionist was especially friendly & helpful. Worked above & beyond to make our stay the best ever, Thanks Jenny, we appreciated it. Fern & Lee Mcallister, North Idaho

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HappyTraveler889

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Old school room, older washroom and just beat up overall. If you wanna sleep then this is the place. OJ for breakfast was good. Dont expect anything better for a $70ish a night room.
To get your shopping allowance why not stay here??

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

Germantown
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I ended up booking late and as a result paid high price for the room. This place has no breakfast option even though the choice hotels says that there is breakfast. When we went for breakfast at 7:00 AM they said breakfast will be served at 9:00 AM ( i saw guest leaving without breakfast) When i went there at 9:00 AM the CSA told us that there is no breakfast and when I showed him our reservation printout, he said and I quote " let me see what i can find for you in the back". He brought back some stale donuts that you would not feed even to the stray dogs.Our room was not ready until 6:15 PM even though the check in time was 3:00 PM. The customer service is non existent. Please make sure that you let the cashier know that you have not used the safe otherwise they will charge you and even after repeated calls and assurances that it will be taken care of will never be taken out. Please do not stay at this hotel even if this is your last option. Try to schedule your trip when other hotels are available. For the 100 bucks we paid we could have booked much better hotels earlier.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Akshar R
Mahwah, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I came back from Niagara Falls this past weekend and I'm so frustrated with the accommodation. The room is not in a great location except that it is 10 mins to walk to the Falls. Firstly we went around 5pm to check in and our room wasn't ready. So we went to the Falls and came back around night. Secondly we couldn't sleep all night coz we got bitten by bed bugs and when we woke up to confirm, we saw some bedbugs on the pillow and bed. It was terrible and pretty disgusting!!! When I mentioned it to the guy in the reception he said he wasn't the manager but I could leave my reviews on this site. He did say he was sorry though!!!!
Now I'm back home unpacking and washing all my clothes and the bags as well. I'm hoping I haven't carried them back home :(

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Preethi C
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I travelled here as a family and stayed for a night in September 2011. Got a room on the ground floor with 2 king sized beds.
Room is pretty basic but comes with a microwave oven, television and an electric kettle. Overall cleanliness is okay. I read the reviews before booking and I got exactly what other reviewers mentioned - "The outside facade does not look impressive but rooms are pretty okay".

Washrooms are also well maintained. Breakfast is very basic and served at a convenience shop which is also a check in counter. You have a choice of breads and cereals only. There is no lunch or dinner provided at this hotel but there are plenty of eateries that are within walking distance from the hotel. If you are looking for basic no-frills accomodation, I would recommend this place.

Parking is plentiful. I managed to park right in front of my room! It helps when you have to carry your heavy luggage yourself. The distance to the falls is only a few minutes walk away.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
US
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We booked the hotel as this is the last one available online. But the condition of the room is much worse that what I expected. It is a very small room. The worst part is that you can hear all the talking and showers and toilet flushes by your neighbors. No elevator either. The stairs and hallway are really dirty.

It is still about 15 minutes walk to the falls.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Would I stay at Rodeway Inn Niagra Falls again? Yes. Would I pay a bit more to try another hotel. Yes. Our stay there around the middle of October was all right but several things could have been better.

First the good parts. Short 5-10 minute walk to the Falls. This is important. Niagara Falls, NY is in an unbelievably terrible condition, several buildings and people walking around remind me of the bad part of a major US city. So, you want to be close to the Falls!. 5 minute walk to the Rainbow Bridge that takes you to Canada. Free parking, free working Wi-Fi. Reasonably clean room, bathroom functional. Sleep quality good. Reasonably quiet overall but then again October is off-season, there few cars in the parking lot.

Not so good parts. Extremely noisy AC unit. Had to turn it off at night, I could not bear the noise. Breakfast advertised but basically nonexistent. There's some coffee and maybe a cookie. Visible repair work in many places in the bathroom. Tape holding the batteries on the back side of the TV remote. Not sound insulated at all. You can easily hear people outside, but luckily this rarely happened during our stay since it was off-season.

Yes, I know, it's a motel so you could say that many of these things are to be expected. But that price is not that of a motel. I did not like paying 50$ more for the weekend night compared to Friday night. I did have the chance to visit the Canadian side. If you can book a hotel there, book it there but, of course, come to see the American side of the Falls too.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends