“I liked it”

Quality Hotel & Suites At the Falls
Ranked #23 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Early November must be off season the streets were mostly empty . I have been reading all these reviews and shaking my head in disbelief come on people this is not the ritz Carlton and if you remember correctly the price of the rooms was very reasonable the staff was very nice and the food was good in the restuant my room was clean but I didnt bring my tool kit and dismantle everything looking for dirt or bugs I often wonder if people keep their houses as clean as they insist a hotel must be ha ha . One thing I did notice is my room had a little safe and their is a per day charge for it being there but their is a sticker on it saying this is an optional charge and it may be removed at checkout its kinda like a tax on people that don't read  . And the hallways seemed a little dark In summary I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends but if you are the demanding type or self proclaimed royalty you can spare yourself a fainting spell or tantrum by going to a hotel that costs MUCH MORE

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Keith B
Christopher M, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites At the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Keith B,

Thank you for your review!
We appreciate you sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property and hope we'll see you in Niagara Falls, USA again soon!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

The hotel is walking distance to everything. It is good because they have next to no parking. Our room was pretty good. We had a suite and it appeared to be newly redone. I liked the layout of the room. Cleaning at first glance seemed good, but upon looking closer there is definitely room for improvement. The heating/ac vents were absolutely disgusting. The top of the bed headboard had layers of dust and when you pulled the mattress back from the walls there was hair, dirt, crumbs, paper, and condom wrappers. The sink area also had a layer of dust around the top ledge of the counter. There was hair inside the fridge and major dust if you moved the microwave. I realize these areas probably cannot be done every time, but once every two weeks these areas could and should be checked. Also when they updated the rooms, they did not do the ceilings, so if you looked up it was pretty gross, water stains and just looked old. Those minor fixes would make a world of difference. The lobby was ok with coffee and they have a nice gift shop. There is a bar and pool area. The pool area, to me, is a little weird. It is all glass and directly across from the bar area and along a busy street. So basically, while you are swimming every one driving by, walking by, or sitting in the bar area has a grand view of you. Also, I will note that the pool water was beyond freezing. The jets on the hot tub were not working during our entire visit when you turned on the switch on the wall nothing happened. The hot tub also appeared very cloudy to me and we own a hot tub so I have some background in this area. They have room service available but not a very big menu. This hotel could be great with a couple changes, but as is I would just say it is ok. All staff I encountered was very nice.

Room Tip: I would get a suite room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Christopher M, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites At the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Kelly T,

Thank you sharing your recent experience at our Hotel.

We appreciate your candid feedback and have shared each of your comments with the appropriate departments so may look to improve upon each area you mentioned.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and we hope to see you again during your next trip to Niagara Falls.

Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

We loved our suite had a 2 person hot tub in a separate room from the bedroom had 2 TVs one in the bedroom and one in the room with the couch and hot tub had fridge and microwave very nice if you wanna drink they have a bar/ restaurant very nice but if you don't wanna go there take your own we didn't wanna drive to find any so we went to the bad but could get costly plan in going back and staying again soon

• Stayed: October 2013

torinryan,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our Hotel and your positive feedback! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us so much and hope we'll see you back here again soon!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Hotel is in a good location for walking - close to Niagara Falls State Park and several decent restaurants. The hotel appears somewhat worn but makes up for it in a very friendly staff and above average food service. Several amenities on the property including indoor pool. Would stay there again for the location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chuck N

Chuck N,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and hope we'll see you again!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here just one night as planned (I was only here as a stop over and to photograph the falls). We stayed in 447 and that room was filthy. It appeared as if they had not cleaned or vacuumed the carpet around the entire perimeter of the room in a very long time. The HVAC unit was gross to look at and things were broken in the room. The mini fridge looked like it was dropped from the falls and the "Q shower" was not so Q. The shower knob was broken and it had a cheap shower head. The window was infested with spiders and bugs, which you could barley see threw the smudged dirty glass. The rest of the hotel didn't seem much better. The elevator smelled like cigarettes and grease with a hint of BO. So... no need to even mention the bed and amenities. Out of all the places we stayed on this trip, this was the second most expensive. I guess it's cause it's within walking distance to the falls. I would never stay here if this was a romantic getaway or something. OK for just passing through for a night, That's it. Good thing they don't have breakfast, because it would probably make you sick. Don't think I will stay here again. In-fact I may just trash that ""Choice hotels card" because as they said at the front desk "It does nothing for ya".

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DJphoto

DJphoto,

I apologize you left our property having an experience that fell so far below your expectations. I have shared your review with our entire team here in an effort to continue to improve the experience our guests have at our Hotel. Together, we offer our sincerest apology and wish we could have addressed your concerns while you were here.

While not all reservations are point-eligible, I'd be happy to review your account to ensure if your account was eligible your Choice Privileges card was applied and points added. If you'd like to email me at GM@QualityNiagaraFalls.com with the details of your stay, I'd be happy to look in to this for you.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Its guest feedback like yours that will help us to continue to improve upon the experience our future guests have.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Upon arrival check in was smooth however when we got to room one of my friends found on the bed a stink bug,so upon further investigative of everything found 4 more ,Wrapped one bug up and took it down to front desk all they said was we can change your bedding,Hey for what people pay in Points or Money,should be bug free ,if I wanted bugs I would have pitched a tent,also try to have a valet parking attendant in front so guests do not have to search for a attendant,nothing was done about the bugs or the fact that a Halloween party didn't end till around 230 am ,,Quality inn You owe me a nights sleep and a pair of socks as your carpet in room needs cleaned and you need a exterminator for your bugs,by the way where was the manager the whole time I was there I didn't see one till later on in the evening helping guests to there big Halloween party that kept me up till all hours,what a waste of points and or money.I gave the front desk trip advisor stickers for there doors still wasn't put on the morning I left,I know why now so that people like myself will find out about your Stinkbugs,and dirty carpets,and lousy Valet parking..check out the concern pic from room.

Room Tip: PLAN ON DIFFICULT PARKING,also if you do not smoke then stay away from the hallway by Legends bar as...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank inturn
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Room was fine, new rug, comfortable bed. The bathroom was handicap accessible, which we didn't need, but was in poor condition, like they hadn't gotten to that yet. We could see them changing out mattresses farther down the hall. So the musty smelling carpet hopefully is soon on the list. The hot tub was hot! and the people nice. Walking distance to the falls. Reasonable restaurant fare. Near the Culinary arts school which had a nice pastisserie. Also could walk to the casino if you want.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Christopher M, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites At the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Memsochet,

Thank you for the review! We appreciate all feedback from our guests!
We are continually looking to improve our property and are in the process of replacing many of our mattresses. Year after year we continue to replace anything necessary to add to your experience!

Thanks for staying with us and I hope we'll see you back in Niagara Falls, USA again soon!