“Horrible place”

Niagara Rainbow Motel & Campground
Ranked #10 of 13 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My parents stayed there from out of state made Niagara falls look bad no soap or toilet paper in the room no towels and the most horrible thing of all there was a used condom wrapper on the floor place is discusting..I would love to have had my parents money refunded or at least offered a free nite.. the date I'm writting this is 4-3-14 they may reach me any time 716 279 5664

• Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank crazymom36

Reviewed 5 December 2013

The NIAGARA RAINBOW MOTEL's accomodations, pricing, photos, and descriptions have been falsely misrepresented ALL OVER the internet. BUYER BEWARE!!
I posted a YouTube video that accurately depicts what you should expect to find if you choose to stay here. It's titled "NIagara Rainbow Motel Review (December 2013)"

I booked a room, paid with cash, SAW the room, took video and pictures, then immediately demanded a refund. The room was disgusting and inhabitable!!
The 'manager' who is the younger brother of the owner, laughed and said "no refunds".
Apparently, a sticker on the counter that simply reads no refunds qualifies as your agreement to their terms of service, once you have paid.
I called the Amherst Police department who confirmed that this was considered a civil litigation matter. They are called often, with the same complaint at this location.
A thorough goole search turned up that an Adult Entertainment business is also linked to this motel and it's owner.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
10  Thank 81gotScammed
Reviewed 8 October 2013

First off, I actually slept with my clothes on and really checked for bed bugs and insects. Once you pay the front desk, THERE IS NO REFUNDS.

No hot water. Toilet seat broken. cobwebs everywhere, inside and out. Carpet was well, ( keep your shoes on ). No towels, no soap, no remote for the old TV.
He also will not let you stay if you don't give him your ID and he records your personal info. Not common. Keep your eye out for possible issues down the road.
Place is absolutely run down and unkept. Did not matter where you looked. Surprised that this hasn't been closed down.
I guess there is no inspections from the New York State.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank mike1iron
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I paid for a room but had to find another one in another motel. The room was so dirty ! Awful, ugly... I' m not even sure that the linen had been washed. And There was an awful smell of cat (piss) in the room... I had never seen such a dirty motel.
Don't come here if you don't want to loose your money !

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank Zoubzoubfrance
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Sorry but $28+tax are to much for this horrible place. The way how they make money with this ramshackle hut is showing the room. But under the blankets are stains and durt that i would nobody wish to sleep in. After complaining is just the remark of "no refound"!
Durty Rooms and unprofessional, unfriendly "Management". Don't wast your money there.

My wife and I made the mistake of paying for the room before we had realy checked it.

Room Tip: don't take a room there.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank RainerMartin
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I come to Niagara Falls a few times a year for shopping, and I always stay near the Mall, the price of the room was very affordable compared to all of the other motels around. If you're expecting the Hilton than stay at the Hilton for around 200$ a night if you're lucky. The place was in a decent area and the room was very clean, it didn't have the nicest or newest accommodations but it was what we expected for a cheap night to save some money. I've stayed here a few times now and have never run into any problems, the owners live right on the property and they have security cameras all over so it's well monitored always gave us more comfort. I've been in only a few of the rooms and the management is actually why we like it there, if you have any problem they go to extra lengths to service you. If you expect something extraordinary then you shouldn't be staying in any motel in Niagara Falls, stick with the Hotels, try the casino they have wonderful rooms but on the weekends it can cost upwards of 250! The price in comparison is next to none, you shouldn't cheap out as you would to get fast food, you can't possibly be expecting filet mignon.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Shoppingnut101
Reviewed 25 August 2012

People stay away from this place. Really I warned you!
You can get a night for around $28 plus tax, but gosh, ask yourself if you really want to go through this trauma?
Very old, dirty, stinky rooms. Insects, paint peeling off, all kind of stains on the carpet, beds, furniture - boy, I swear I can find better furniture on the streets in the area where I live. Actually, it when you watch at these pieces of furniture it looks as they were taken straight out of the streets.
I was lured by very low price, came there paid and went to see my room. We couldn't stay there more than 10 min, after seeing everything whats inside. This place is totally horrible!! I have no idea how come they are still in the business, who gave them license? It was a joke.
Sad joke for me, because I wanted my money back, right away. Advertise in the newspaper doesn't match real conditions. Unfortunately, the owner couldn't do anything and was pointing at the sign on the front desk "NO REFUNDS".
It was my fault, I should have checked the room before paying.
While leaving this horrible place I was able to tell some potential renters to stay away from this place, and they indeed run away, after what they heard from me.
I am going to report this place to some kind an costumer agency, so they can take care of these kind of places, so people won't waste their money.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place, there is no good room there. Even if the owner propose you an "upgra...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business