All reviewsboutique hotelart decofloor loungefree valet parkingoffice buildingtop floorsky view loungeobservation floorgated lotcookies and milkcorner roomcanadian sidewithin walking distancewafflesvalet servicebeautiful hotelculinary institute
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I just got back from a weekend anniversary getaway to Niagara Falls and I liked this place so much I had to review it right away. I divided our time in Niagara between the Canada side & New York side, so we stayed at the Sterling Inn and the Giacomo, both number #1 on their respective sides. Both were very nice, but out of the two, I definitely preferred the Giacomo. The decoration of the hotel is very cute!... Modern, Art Deco, French fusion. The beds are out of this world! We were so tired when we got to the hotel and I just melted in that bed & had an excellent nights sleep! The best thing about this hotel is the staff & all the little extras. All the staff members were very happy and friendly. They have these trucks that they drive you all over the place in and its complimentary! So you never have to worry about driving, parking or paying to park. The first night we were there they drove us out to diner then gave me a card to call them for a ride home. After diner they came and picked us up within 3 minutes of me calling and then drove us to the casino. It doesn’t even stop there, the next morning I needed Advil and my husband went down to the front desk and asked where he could purchase some, the person at the front desk was like “come on, I’ll take you to 7/11”. It was really a great service! They also do all these nice little things like put out fresh baked cookies at night and leave chocolate truffles by your bedside. There is also a gym, top floor observation lounge and a very good complementary breakfast in the morning.
Thank you Giacomo for a fun little weekend getaway!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank speri337
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. After looking at quite a few hotels both on the Canadian AND US side, I kept getting drawn to The Giacomo! It seemed to have everything we wanted, free parking, internet, breakfast, as well as the courtesy shuttle service, of course the chocolate and cookies were a plus too! From the moment we walked into the front lobby we were nothing short of impressed. We were there 3 hours prior to check in so the most I was hoping was to be able to just park our car and check in later. Well, that exceeded my hopes too! The room was ready and we were able to check in without incurring an extra charge! Room was beautiful, charming, roomy, very clean. The robes were luxurious! I will not stay elsewhere, this is it for me!

Room Tip: Look at the rooms online to choose, literally, what you see is truly what you get! Rooms on the First Street Side definitely so you can see the sun rise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank crisbiss
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This Boutique hotel as they style themselves has very comfortable rooms with high ceilings tastefully decorated with first class furnishings.
Free wifi everywhere in all bedrooms, reception area and 19th floor lounge.
The helpful staff will park your car and take you anywhere in town with no extra charge. They will also recommend good eating places.
What a change from New York Hotels!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Spent 3 days with there with our Dentist and his wife,who were visiting from South Africa. From booking in, to checking out , the stay was an AWESOME experience. The room was more than comfortable. From the chocolates, to the robes and wonderfully comfortable bed, ,just stunning.There is always a BUT, and ours was the shower water pressure. With all that water around ,it could have been a tad stronger.
The breakfast was wonderful. Staff at the hotel was some of the friendliest!! Our next visitors will definitely be staying that side of The Falls. This was our 11 visit to the Falls,and our first on the American side. This hotel just made us prefer the American side. If you are deciding to stay a night or two, BOOK INTO The Giocomo!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Choosing The Giacomo for my very short stopover in Niagara Falls during my tour of the US was a no brainer as it was rated as the top hotel in Niagara Falls on TripAdvisor and I got an excellent rate since it was in February.

The room was definitely a big difference compared to the rooms I stayed in Boston and New York as it was really huge. I think the bathroom itself could be bigger than the entire room at New York. I am not kidding as you can easily fit a double bed in there.

The staff were really friendly and made a few good recommendations for meals within walking distance from the hotel.

Location wise, it is just perfect as it is a short walk to the falls and the casino. There is also a great observation deck on the top floor which gives a nice view of the falls as well as the town itself.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple