“Classy place!”

The Giacomo
Ranked #1 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Classy Place

We came to the Giacomo for our honeymoon and we were SO pleased with our choice. What a classy and beautiful and historic building. The room is much more interesting than a generic Sheraton or Holiday Inn. The furnishings are modern and attractive. We were given a corner room, so we had light and cross-ventilation from the many windows. We had a beautiful view of the Canadian side of the falls, and could see the mist from the falls from our window. The hotel is about two blocks from the lovely state park, where there are many vantage points to see the incredible falls. The state park also offers the advantage of being able to see the wonderful rapids leading to the falls--really awe-inspiring.

The Canadian side is certainly more active and busy, which made coming back to the NY side a peaceful refuge. The hotel is also two blocks from the Seneca Casino, where we had a good buffet dinner. There is a lounge on the 19th floor that gives wonderful rainbow-filled views of the area. The A/C units are indeed louder than they should be, but didn't keep me up. The shower is the only thing that was really sub-par--strange showerhead with very little water pressure and difficult to regulate temperature. Otherwise, the room was roomy, the bed VERY comfortable, the chauffer service is terrific, and a nice full breakfast with bacon and eggs. Very highly recommended, we just loved it.

Room Tip: Ask for a high-floor corner room facing Canada.
3  Thank travelmomtexas
There are newer reviews for The Giacomo

Reviewed 24 May 2012

I hate to be a downer, but anyone who has stayed here and calls it a five star hotel has clearly never stayed at a five star hotel. For the price, it is just fine, but not a five star hotel. The bed was comfortable and the room was nicely designed, but other than that it was just a place to sleep.
For starters, my room was not ready when we arrived at 3, which is no biggie, but they had no guest lounge for such a late check in time. Then, there was no bellman to take our luggage up either so we had to go (ourselves) and take our bags out of the storage area and bring them upstairs. Kind of difficult since we were traveling with kids.
There was a layer of dust on the bathroom mirror and had to clean up a hair that wasn't mine when I got into the shower, so I wasn't too thrilled with the cleaning of the bathroom. The AC unit in the room was loud as anything and woke us up throughout the night.
The staff was nice, but not fall over you service, just some sweet kids that work there. They brought cookies at night time - which was very sweet.
My parents took advantage of the driver to take you around town and said the driver was lovely. They said the AC in their room was loud too.
I think my mixed feelings come from being disappointed by the high reviews on Tripadvisor. It is a cute hotel, nice for Niagara Falls, but it is in no way five stars. If I had lower expectations I think I would have found it a nice place to crash to see the falls, but it is not a high end hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank ownbusinesstravel
Reviewed 18 May 2012

we stayed 2 nights in this fantastic hotel. The room was quiet, spacious, cool, and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The service was fantastic and and breakfast was great. The area near the hotel is run down but so close to the falls, we walked a lot. The limo was fine and took us everywhere with a lot of history and advice on what to see. NY side of the falls is crummy compared to the canadian side-- we loved the views from the canadian side and it was an easy walk across. The US charges .50 cents to re-enter the country. Talk about nickle and diming. The flowers and gardens on the canadian side are really worth seeing. Our car was valet parked free and the concierge even loaded our luggage! The only and I mean only negative was that the hotel could be a little cleaner.

1  Thank grandpaBoston
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We had a very nice stay at the Giacomo. Nice designed rooms, but why all the fire extinguish tubes? Industrial look?;) Bed was very nice.And a great bathroom and shower.
Good service at check in. Good included breakfast.
Nice 360 degree view from top floor lounge.
American side Niagara Falls (village) is not very lively, Canadian side is better, but with a car you are there in no time. To come back to the USA wasnt a problem, some queues, but not too long. Better view at falls from Canadian side, but for night photography also nice views from American side (face to falls go far right).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emja19
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I just got back from a weekend anniversary getaway to Niagara Falls and I liked this place so much I had to review it right away. I divided our time in Niagara between the Canada side & New York side, so we stayed at the Sterling Inn and the Giacomo, both number #1 on their respective sides. Both were very nice, but out of the two, I definitely preferred the Giacomo. The decoration of the hotel is very cute!... Modern, Art Deco, French fusion. The beds are out of this world! We were so tired when we got to the hotel and I just melted in that bed & had an excellent nights sleep! The best thing about this hotel is the staff & all the little extras. All the staff members were very happy and friendly. They have these trucks that they drive you all over the place in and its complimentary! So you never have to worry about driving, parking or paying to park. The first night we were there they drove us out to diner then gave me a card to call them for a ride home. After diner they came and picked us up within 3 minutes of me calling and then drove us to the casino. It doesn’t even stop there, the next morning I needed Advil and my husband went down to the front desk and asked where he could purchase some, the person at the front desk was like “come on, I’ll take you to 7/11”. It was really a great service! They also do all these nice little things like put out fresh baked cookies at night and leave chocolate truffles by your bedside. There is also a gym, top floor observation lounge and a very good complementary breakfast in the morning.
Thank you Giacomo for a fun little weekend getaway!!!

5  Thank speri337
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. After looking at quite a few hotels both on the Canadian AND US side, I kept getting drawn to The Giacomo! It seemed to have everything we wanted, free parking, internet, breakfast, as well as the courtesy shuttle service, of course the chocolate and cookies were a plus too! From the moment we walked into the front lobby we were nothing short of impressed. We were there 3 hours prior to check in so the most I was hoping was to be able to just park our car and check in later. Well, that exceeded my hopes too! The room was ready and we were able to check in without incurring an extra charge! Room was beautiful, charming, roomy, very clean. The robes were luxurious! I will not stay elsewhere, this is it for me!

Room Tip: Look at the rooms online to choose, literally, what you see is truly what you get! Rooms on the Firs...
3  Thank crisbiss
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This Boutique hotel as they style themselves has very comfortable rooms with high ceilings tastefully decorated with first class furnishings.
Free wifi everywhere in all bedrooms, reception area and 19th floor lounge.
The helpful staff will park your car and take you anywhere in town with no extra charge. They will also recommend good eating places.
What a change from New York Hotels!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple