1,014 results
All reviews boutique hotel art deco floor lounge free valet parking office building top floor sky view lounge observation floor gated lot cookies and milk corner room canadian side within walking distance waffles valet service beautiful hotel culinary institute
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stayed here for our destination wedding. The rooms were absolutely beautiful, and the service was the best I have ever had by far. The staff were all very friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. If you stay there BE SURE to ask Eric at the front desk about the dolphin exhibit. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Kristilisti
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights on May 21-22nd. We booked a two room suite. We had a second floor room that was resonably quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The rug in the bathroom was so shabby and ragged that I would have trouwn it away, not use in in a hotel bathroom. We were told that the bar would be open until 11:00 pm but was closed before 10:30. The all of the hot items at breakfast were cold and picked over by 9:30am and they were out of coffee. There wasn't even an employee there to help. After sightseeing from 10:00am ,we returned to our room at 2:00 to find that our room hadn't been cleaned yet. After asking the front desk about it, their answer was tht they were a small hotel with a small staff. The girl at the desk acted put out that I asked to have my room cleaned. Needless to say, we had to leave again as there wasn't anywhere to go except up to the observation level. We weren't told about the free shuttle and were not offered free cookies at night. It was quite a disappointment as the reviews on Trip Advisor were quite positive. At the price of the rooms, I would go over to the Canadian side. Lovely hotels and restaurants.

2  Thank Kathleen K
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend and the moment we walked in could tell it was something special (thank you Eric). The decor is artful and muted in restful tones and is carried out in every room and hall, as well as in the lobby and lounge. The ceilings are high and pipes and a/c units are exposed but that didn't deter us from sleeping. The building was built in 1929 as an office and still retains its original architecture. The upper stories are lit at night in the same bright colors as the nearby Falls. The chewy chocolate chip cookies that are delivered each evening were a real treat. The ameneties in the rooms are thoughtful and pampering, and beds are fluffy and comfy. There is also an oversized shower with luxury toiletries. Oh, and there is personal chauffer service upon request (thank you Ashley). They also serve a full hot breakfast in the day room. If you are every in Buffalo or even if Canada is your destination, try to stay here.

1  Thank travelkitty50
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Classy Place

We came to the Giacomo for our honeymoon and we were SO pleased with our choice. What a classy and beautiful and historic building. The room is much more interesting than a generic Sheraton or Holiday Inn. The furnishings are modern and attractive. We were given a corner room, so we had light and cross-ventilation from the many windows. We had a beautiful view of the Canadian side of the falls, and could see the mist from the falls from our window. The hotel is about two blocks from the lovely state park, where there are many vantage points to see the incredible falls. The state park also offers the advantage of being able to see the wonderful rapids leading to the falls--really awe-inspiring.

The Canadian side is certainly more active and busy, which made coming back to the NY side a peaceful refuge. The hotel is also two blocks from the Seneca Casino, where we had a good buffet dinner. There is a lounge on the 19th floor that gives wonderful rainbow-filled views of the area. The A/C units are indeed louder than they should be, but didn't keep me up. The shower is the only thing that was really sub-par--strange showerhead with very little water pressure and difficult to regulate temperature. Otherwise, the room was roomy, the bed VERY comfortable, the chauffer service is terrific, and a nice full breakfast with bacon and eggs. Very highly recommended, we just loved it.

Room Tip: Ask for a high-floor corner room facing Canada.
3  Thank travelmomtexas
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I hate to be a downer, but anyone who has stayed here and calls it a five star hotel has clearly never stayed at a five star hotel. For the price, it is just fine, but not a five star hotel. The bed was comfortable and the room was nicely designed, but other than that it was just a place to sleep.
For starters, my room was not ready when we arrived at 3, which is no biggie, but they had no guest lounge for such a late check in time. Then, there was no bellman to take our luggage up either so we had to go (ourselves) and take our bags out of the storage area and bring them upstairs. Kind of difficult since we were traveling with kids.
There was a layer of dust on the bathroom mirror and had to clean up a hair that wasn't mine when I got into the shower, so I wasn't too thrilled with the cleaning of the bathroom. The AC unit in the room was loud as anything and woke us up throughout the night.
The staff was nice, but not fall over you service, just some sweet kids that work there. They brought cookies at night time - which was very sweet.
My parents took advantage of the driver to take you around town and said the driver was lovely. They said the AC in their room was loud too.
I think my mixed feelings come from being disappointed by the high reviews on Tripadvisor. It is a cute hotel, nice for Niagara Falls, but it is in no way five stars. If I had lower expectations I think I would have found it a nice place to crash to see the falls, but it is not a high end hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family