All reviewsboutique hotelart decofloor loungefree valet parkingoffice buildingtop floorsky view loungeobservation floorgated lotcookies and milkcorner roomcanadian sidewithin walking distancevalet servicewafflesbeautiful hotelculinary institute
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stayed at the Giacomo just about a month ago in a King room. From the moment we arrived to check in I was blown away. I've never stayed on the American side of the falls before and this was totally worth it. The hotel itself is beautifully decorated and the rooms were super chic and very very clean. The beds were SO comfortable! They offered free parking in a secure lot across the street from the hotel and you have free in and out privileges. The best part of all was the hotel staff. They were absolutely amazing from the first greeting until the last goodbye. The shuttle service was a great added bonus as well and the staff are more then willing to drive you at any point. The hotel is in close proximity to the falls and is across the road from the Seneca Casino as well. You can walk almost anywhere in the falls area from the hotel. The cookies were amazing in the morning too lol. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel or it's staff at all. If I choose to stay on the American side, this is where I'll be going hands down. It's just too bad this hotel wasn't on the Canadian side of the falls where all the better tourist attractions and casinos are or I'd visit it more often. (this however has no reflection on the hotel itself). ENJOY!

5  Thank dee_loves_you
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We are a family of 2 adults 2 young kids and had a 3-nights stay over at Giacomo last month. It was a very beautiful hotel and our stay was definitely well-worth the price paid for.

Good points:
- Free and convenient parking
- The staff are generally friendly.
- Love the location as it is located really near to Niagara Falls. About 5 to 10 minutes walk away.
- Beautiful decor
- Very clean toilets
- The beds are very comfortable.
- The waffle at breakfast is a must-try. Freshly made. Very crispy.

Some minor imperfections as follows:
- The rooms are very dark at night. The only light source suitable for reading was the tiny table lamp on the table. There are also many dark corners in the room. Nice ambience but would be good if they can install more lights.
- The blankets were reused as there was a strong perfume scent and covered with countless tiny fine hairs. We called housekeeping and they got it changed promptly.

Regardless of these minor shortcomings, we strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank iceski
Reviewed 6 June 2012

The hotel is located at an excellent location, it's a short walk to the Goat Island, Maid of the Mist, Cave of the Wind, and also to Canada. We parked the car at the hotel and just walked.

The hotel staffs were very helpful and friendly.

I highly recommend spending time walking around Goat Island and definitely take the Maid of the Mist boat tour. It was quite an experience!

Room Tip: Our room has a king bed, a comfort chair and ottoman, a desk, and a fire place. It was warm in May, so we did not need to use the fire place. The air conditioner and fan was a bit loud depending on whether you are a light sleeper or not.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We loved The Giacomo. The decor throughout the hotel was beautiful. We especially liked our room, the bed was very comfortable and it was superbly furnished. The hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. The view of the Falls from the lookout at the top was great. The bar was fantastic and even had a solo guitarist on the Friday night we stayed (who we loved enough to buy his CD). Complimentary breakfast was a nice touch also, especially going through to 10:30am for late risers. Warm cookies delivered to our room before bedtime, free computer usage (a bonus as we didn't bring our laptop), free town car to drive you within 5 mile radius of hotel. Easy walk to casino where there are plenty of places to eat, close to Falls. You can see the hotel for miles so it is very easy to navigate your way back. There's even a casual restaurant right next door if you want to go somewhere quick for dinner when you arrive. We definitely received value for money and I would thoroughly recommend The Giacomo to fellow travellers.

Room Tip: We were in a non-smoking room on level 4
3  Thank Tania D
Reviewed 1 June 2012

First I must say that thus far all of the staff has been very kind and chipper and the hotel rooms are quite lovely and soothing to the eye. The beds are extremely comfortable. I only say all of this to add balance to my review.

Now, where to being?

First we get there and they give us a room key on the 5th floor and have us park in a very specific spot. In fact, after showing that we really didn't want valet parking as we wanted to be able to access our car at any time, the friendly gentleman at the front desk MOVED his OWN CAR just so we could take his spot. We tried to refuse but he absolutely insisted.

We were then suddenly changed to a 2nd floor room that ended up being handicapped and seemed "less nice" then what was shown in the pictures. I automatically assumed it was the torn jean shorts and visible tattoo'd arm. But whatever... we got over it quickly.

We decide since we had been in a car for 8 hours showers were much needed. It's too bad the handicap shower's curtain is extra short and leaves water all over the bathroom floor. And I mean ALL OVER IT. And then we find that the room for two only has one robe and it appears to be filthy? It looks like a woman wearing face make-up had spent an entire night sleeping in it... orange around the rim! But whatever... we got over that too.

So morning comes and we wake up to TWO parking tickets. Not a parking zone!? The front desk man moved us into a spot where you are not actually aloud to park and told us we would be "fine" there! Awesome.

We then went on to eat the breakfast provided free of charge. It was ok. It was a free breakfast so we didn't expect anything too fancy anyways. I was actually perfectly happy with eggs, bacon and a yogurt. Sadly, the result in my eating this was food poisoning. Instead of going out and enjoying the falls I ended up putting a "do not disturb" sign on the room's door and spending about 6 hours heaving on the bathroom floor and sitting on the toilet. Awesome.

So eventually I am OK enough to see the falls. We walk over, I feel blah, we see it... the hotel is very close so it was a nice walk. That was a plus since the hotel gave me food poisoning... walking far would not have been possible.

So anyways, we stayed there a little over a week ago and I check our bank account today... and we are double charged!? And the accounting department and manager can't even find the additional charge in the system so they are asking us to print and fax over our bank information. How unorganized can one hotel be? Seriously. Don't they have a week to date, month to date and year to date income goal and tracker? How do they not know they are over nearly $200 for the date? Absolutely mind blowing. My mind, is BLOWN! We have spent a good part of the day on the phone trying to work this out... tomorrow will be day two and still ZERO refund for the additional money they don't realize they took out of our account! Awesome.

The view from the top floor can take your breath away... especially with the fireworks at night. The hotel itself seems very well kept and is impressive, to say the least. But the room, as we saw it, was not as good as what is shown in pictures... and the hassle that seems to never end makes this a one star for us. A vacation should never cause more stress... you are supposed to feel relaxed afterwards. Stress, disorganization and food poisoning left us feeling as if we were robbed... and then, technically, we actually were robbed after they double charged us and have yet to refund our money. Let's hope we don't have to drive 8 hours just to get our money back in our account.

Best of luck to anyone staying here.

11  Thank Justin M