Niagara Falls Walking Tours
Ranked #6 of 23 Tours in Niagara Falls
More attraction details
Owner description: Humorous historical tours of Niagara Falls, NY. Your guide is a stand-up comic with a passion for bringing out the funny side of the Falls. Daily Private Tours start at $150 pp and include the Maid of the Mist and the Cave of the Winds. These private tours are perfect for families and small groups. 2015 Schedule: DAILY TOUR: 4-6 hours 7 days a week. $150 per person. (Year round) FIREWORKS TOUR-8:30 PM Sundays May-August $15 pp.
Tampa, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My 18 year old son (nicknamed Dr. McDreamy by Joel because he looks like a young Patrick Dempsey) and I enjoyed this tour very much! It was a good balance of history, humor and attractions. It's nice that Joel gets the tickets for the Maiden of Mist and Cave of the Winds and takes care of the details :)
I would recommend this tour for all ages!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank giggles36kd
NiagaraGuideGuy, Owner at Niagara Falls Walking Tours, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
My wife would have liked to have been on this tour as she is s huge Patrick Dempsey fan. I sincerely appreciate the time you took to write this review. Joel

San Angelo, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We ended up touring with Joel as the American portion of our Niagara Falls tour and we are so glad our paths crossed! Joel is so smart and knows everything you need to know about the area and as a bonus is funny and kept us smiling the whole time! Touring with Joel is a must if you are touring the American side of the Falls!

1 Thank Kim R
NiagaraGuideGuy, Owner at Niagara Falls Walking Tours, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for the kind words! It was my pleasure to serve you. Joel
Hamburg, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lots of fun, an excellent tour!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Not only interesting and informative, but Joel had us laughing throughout the tour as well as learning. One of the great things was that a lot of the information was driven by participants' questions. Joel told us a lot of interesting history about Nicola Tesla because someone asked. Even for a native of the area, I learned new things about the Falls, and seeing the fireworks at the end was the perfect conclusion for the evening.

Be sure to wear comfortable shoes as you will be walking most of the time.

Joel, I see your tour is ranked "#2" on the ratings list. I know as new reviewers jump in, your tour will make it to #1!

1 Thank judyw642
NiagaraGuideGuy, Owner at Niagara Falls Walking Tours, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for your kind words. The Tesla question was a plant...I always have a fake person on the tour to ask "improvised" questions that make me look knowledgeable. Sincerely, thank you for taking the time to write a review, it makes a big difference for me.
Joel
Nebraska
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Super Walking Tour”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a wonderful time on our walking tour with Joel. He has a great memory and a real knack for the history of the area. He is very accommodating while on the tour...recommending pictures, stops, etc. He has an endless supply of corny jokes with some sarcasm thrown in the mix. We saw many of the top sights in Niagara Falls within a few hours. It is a walking tour but it is a leisurely pace. Great tour and we highly recommend Joel and this walking tour.

1 Thank Mcalbers
Dear Nebraska people, my wife would challenge you on the comment that I have a good memory! I think I remember only the trivial things. Still I'm glad those appealed to you. I sincerely hope you had a safe journey home. Joel
Buffalo, New York
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Highly recommend - this was a great walking tour!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had a great time on this walking tour. Something different to do on a Sunday night in the summer. Great way to experience the falls even if you've been there a bunch of times. Joel was very knowledgeable about the area and its history. Good for all ages for those who can walk around for 2 hours. Good for locals or those visiting for the first time. Can't wait to go on his other tours.

1 Thank nmercer75
Thank you for touring with me. It is the ultimate compliment when someone who is local tells me they've learned something. Thank you. Joel