“Great Hostel with Cheap Room Rates and Near the Falls Location”
Review of Gorge View

Gorge View
“Great Hostel with Cheap Room Rates and Near the Falls Location”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed at Gorge View for 4 days and 3 nights and I love and miss it. It is very clean and cozy. It is an old building with modern interior design. And the room rates are super affordable. It is like home to me. I can cook my own food, drink free brewed coffee or tea all day long while watching tv in the dining area. It has free WiFi, free parking and free use of their desktop computer. It is very near to everything - the Falls, church, restaurants, landmarks, city center, casino and scenic spots. I would give this hostel a 5-star rating and will highly recommend it to my friends and relatives or to everyone who will visit Niagara Falls, New York on a budget. Great job, Jeff and kudos to your friendly staff. More power to you!

Room Tip: the double rooms are very nice and super cozy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Bic B
Jeffery F, Owner at Gorge View, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
WOW!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. You said everything we like to think about ourselves and have provided us the inspiration to continue our improvements while continuing you to provide maximum value to our guests. Please come again we loved you having you and I hope to meet more of your family in the future.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Turkish first
Eilat, Israel
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Love the hostel, the location and the people there.
It is a new hostel, the rooms are very clean and spacious, It has the most breathtaking panoramic view from the roof.

The hostel located 2 min walk from the bus stop (there is a bus from/to Buffalo that cost 2$ and takes about an hour), opposite to the aquarium and 5-7 min walk from the bars & restaurants area, 10 min from falls & rainbow bridge, even though the hostel located there it is very quiet area and in the hostel the environment is very nice and laidback, the people who lives and works there are the most nicest people.

The owner is the really nice guy, very down to earth and helpful.
I came for 2-3 days and stayed for a week because i liked it so much!
overall i enjoyed my stay there and meet awesome people, and i'm planning to come back in the end of the summer when i finish my trip.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Curious_Jasmin
Jeffery F, Owner at Gorge View, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you so much for the high praises Jasmine. It was lovely to have you for so long. If you do make it back to us this summer I'm happy to tell you that within the next day or two we will be completing our kitchen renovation and you'll have a full stove to cook on. We'll post some pictures when we are done you'll see them on facebook.
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Room 2 is very spacious with 2 double beds and a very clean bathroom. I had 3 nights of good sleep just like my own. I guess it has something to do with the bed or the wool cover. There's a dining/tv room to watch, browse internet, and have coffee or tea or oatmeal. We also had the chance to see fireworks at the rooftop.. Thanks Jeff for inviting us. My brother and I enjoyed our stay here and i will surely recommend GorgeView to my Filipino friends.

Room Tip: Room 2 ground floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank vanuhnuh
Jeffery F, Owner at Gorge View, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback and of course I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality. I'm sorry we only had the dining area but I'm happy to say that we have been working hard all week and have renovated the kitchen area where the microwave and refrigerator were and now we have a full stove and it's a beautiful fully functional new kitchen. We appreciate our past guests as your patronage allows us to make it better for future guests and we are improving everyday. What I enjoy most though is hearing your stories and knowing you loved the falls and the natural beauty around it.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Gorge View is terrific. Jeff (owner) runs a friendly, easy going hostel with fantastic facilities. He has knowledge of the area and it's history!
The hostel has broad rooms with a kitchen area boasting only necessities. He took us up to the roof for fireworks, advised us on where to see the Falls from only moments after checking in. And displayed all the characteristics of someone who had been running a hostel for 30 years. Surprising it was his first year, and it was 10x better than the place we stayed the night before!
If myself or the boys I am with return to Niagara Falls, we will stay at the Gorge View. 5 star service, location and experience! Thanks Jeff! Pleasure was ours!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jarrod L
Gorge View I, Owner at Gorge View, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
You're too kind, it was a pleasant surprise to have 3 Aussies walk-in on a random week night. So sorry we didn't catch the night before and save you from a stay in a lesser accommodation. As for the rest it's the reason we are here to ensure guests get maximum enjoyment out of their time and we'll keep improving likely faster with the motivation your kind words bring. Thanks for staying good luck on your long journey sounds like a great adventure keep me posted on the highlights.
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great place to stay, good location, close to everything, lots of Indian restaurants nearby and the Niagara falls park is easy walking distance away and the hostel has friendly helpful staff. Also a free town map and free use of computer and free WiFi throughout the hostel makes it even better.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Terry2257
Jeffery F, Owner at Gorge View, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you so much it was so kind of you to take the time and give us feedback. We definitely love our location and we try hard to help our guests enjoy the Wonder that is Niagara Falls. Your kindness in providing us such a nice review gives us motivation to work even harder. We will continue throughout this season doing the same and will have even better facilities for our guest next season. Thanks again.
Pardubice Region, Czech Republic
Reviewed 4 July 2014

When I came to Niagara Falls I was looking for place to stay. Friend of mine recommended Gorge view. When I found Gorge view hostel I was really glad, because Jeff (the owner) was really friendly and helpful. He offered me to stay in hostel for a few nights and I was in hostel for one night and he already offered me an appartment located on upper floor. It was really great !! Atmosphere in Gorge View is positive and really family-like and I love that. Hostel is located about 15 to 20 minutes from Falls and Hard Rock Café where I work, there are markets and banks nearby too. So if you are looking for good company, friendly attitude and nice place to stay I highly recommend Gorge View !!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank OndraV92
Gorge View I, Owner at Gorge View, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
We're always pleased that customers and residents at Gorge View are happy. Thank you for the kind words, we would like to point out though that you must be a slow walker or not taking the route to the falls that recommend ;) cause it should only take you 10 to 15 minutes to walk to the falls. Please try crossing the street and taking the bridge behind the aquarium to the Gorge Discovery Center. There you will find a path along the gorge to the falls. Of course if you have a camera it will take you longer but we can't be held responsible for all the picture worthy views there are outside our door on the way to the falls. But ignore the beauty leave the camera behind and I assure you anyone can make it to the falls in 15 minutes or less without running.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We arrived at 9am 7 hours before check in time, we were immediately greeted by Jeff the owner and explained that we were really tired due to taking an overnight bus. He immediately checked when our room would be ready and made sure that it would be done as soon as possible so we could get in early. (it was ready by 10.30 am which was great!). Whilst waiting for our room we asked abut breakfast options and were recommended the why coffee shop. If you have some spare time in the morning this place is excellent it does an American breakfast for four dollars (3 eggs, toast, 2 sausages, bacon and 2 pancakes) and it tastes great.

The hostel itself is the cleanest I've ever stayed in, there's sheets and blankets and a fan in the room. We stayed in a double room with a private bathroom. The room had a desk and storage lookers it really was nice for a hostel resembling more of a hotel!

The location of this place is great located just across from the aquarium and the niagara park trolleys, a short walk to the rainbow bridge which takes you to Canada!

The rooms and location at this hostel are great but the owner truly makes this place! He is genuinely so helpful and really made our stay in niagara! I would definitely recommend this place if your in niagara!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Annifd92
Gorge View I, Owner at Gorge View, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
I swear my eyes watered in reading your review. I'm so glad we were able to surpass your expectations. That is our goal. Thank you for understanding that we needed time to bring your room up to the standard we desire to provide each and every guest and therefore could not check you in immediately. We are working hard to bring our private room up to the standards one would expect of a hotel or good bed and breakfast. I'm glad you have recognized our efforts. I'll also bring your enjoyment of the why coffee shop to their attention they are a Niagara Falls Treasure, I just wished they were located between me and the Falls to make eating there so much more convenient for guests.