All reviewsriver viewhotel restaurantgrand islandpool areaking suitewhirlpool tubvery nice hoteloutlet mallfront desk staffcanadian sidemin drivehockey tournamentfree parkingnew yorkbeds were comfortableseneca casinoniagara
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We stayed in hotel about a week after it opened. Restaurant was open however thay had no liquor license. Area surrounding hotel was not great, you would not want to walk anywhere off the property. Rooms were clean but small. Pool area was probably the best about this hotel. There were tables where you could eat right in the pool area. Only about a 3 mile drive to the Falls.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2011

All and all the hotel is nice. The drive to the falls is only a couple of min away and you drive along the river. Its also noy too far from the outlet mall and walmart. The area around the hotel is ran down. Staff is nice and so is the indoor pool.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We stayed at the four points Sheraton in Niagra Falls, NY! We were traveling on a whim from Pittsburgh to Vermont when we decided that we were so close let’s see if we can get a hotel. Since the hotel has been officially reopened for only three week’s let me just say, it’s outstanding. Any amenity one could look for in a hotel it’s here, flat panel tv’s in all rooms, lush bedding (which were wonderfully comfortable); the pool is amazing, and the restaurant has an outstanding view which you can enjoy meals either inside or out on their deck overlooking lake Erie.
Ryan checked us in, we were able to bring our dog that we had traveling with us, this was the only hotel we were able to find that we were able to bring her. Ryan works the front desk at the hotel and went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure our stay was pleasant; Chris is the security guard for the property who was incredibly friendly and gave us many suggestions on where we could go to enjoy the falls with our dog; Shannon was our server from the restaurant last night, and every time she walked be she had a different answer for our many questions. Hands down the restaurant cuisine was outstanding.
We hope this review helps and if you are questioning due to a past experience or story, we are picky critics and have not one bad thing to say about our stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank lmbattersby
Reviewed 20 June 2011

So, hotel is brand new and that is normally a good thing. However, they were obviously not
ready to be open for business. Started out all right, got to the room and unpacked. pretty nice setup. turned on the TV and well it did not work. Went down and told front desk, was talked to like I was an idiot who did not know how a TV worked, which is funny because my wife and I work in broadcasting operations for a very well know entertainment conglomerate. Anyway, they said they would send someone up. this guy was very professional and he quickly determined the tv had not yet been authorized and that we would have to move rooms as this would not be quickly addressed.

So, was a little annoyed as we had totally unpacked for our stay 2 day stay. Repacked our stuff and moved to the next room. I should have known better at this point but we unpacked again and when I went to stock the fridge it was not there! Now I started to get a little more than annoyed by the situation as we wanted to get our visit to the falls under way and we were now into the second hour of trying to get a room that was functional. I go down again and now I wish I remembered her name but this woman got snippy with me for complaining. I told her to give me a room with a river view for my troubles, all I got was a wave of the hand and one of the breakfast vouchers spoken about in an earlier review. Told them I had already heard about the breakfast voucher deal from an TripAdvisor review and said keep it. So they tell me they will send a refrigerator up to the room as soon as they could, told them I should have listened to the review of their new hotel on here and went back to the room to wait for this fridge. Guy comes up and installs it, all in all another hour killed. So we are just about to leave to visit the falls when a knock on the door comes. It is one of the front desk people whom now start apologizing, think it had something to do with my mentioning of TripAdvisor. NOW they want tot offer me the river view room. Did not want to move yet again, but my wife said at this point what is one more move!

Killed about 4 hours of my mini vacation to the falls packing and unpacking. would have been better to stay at one of the cheapo motels in the area but figured a four points are normally pretty nice. Guess it will be when they work the kinks out and either adjust the attitude or weed out the front desk staff. Normally let stuff slide, but this got me steamed, the attitude. Once it is figured out I sure it will be a nice hotel to stay at, too bad we were training for the staff. Open when you are truly ready is the lesson here.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Arrived in Niagara Falls a day early on Jun 11th. Embassy Suites, our hotel for the 12th, wanted $275 for one night. Stopped at a couple of hotels to check for vacancies and was directed to try Four Points. Called and was given a very favorable rate for one night. Hotel was in an older area of town that we would have not looked in but was a very unexpected pleasant surprise. Hotel had finished a major multi-million renovation only 3 1/2 weeks earlier and physically everything about the hotel from reception area, to dining area, to our room was simply first rate. The hotel also has a fantastic view of the river (not the falls) and free parking. Even the food at the Italian themed restaurant onsite was very good and moderately priced. However, upon checking in, I confirmed that the rate quoted me on the telephone included all taxes and fees and the clerk verified it. I asked if WIFI and breakfast were included and was told yes. The next morning my wife and I dined from a limited buffet. At the end of the meal we were presented with a bill for $17.00 and was told we could have ordered off a menu. Add to this that the room bill placed under my door that morning was $21 dollars higher than quoted by the night clerk. I asked for the manager but the night auditor said she was the highest ranking person available and she said the night clerk had misinformed us and refused to honor either the rate quoted or the free breakfast. I patiently explained to her that it was not the amount that bothered me but the fact that the hotel refused to honor the information given by their employees. I also told her that this was not very good public relations for a hotel that had only be reopened for 3 weeks. Nothing seemed to reach her. I would highly recommend this hotel for an one or two day stay but get everything in writing up front. Also be aware that I was told by the night auditor this is an independently owned facility and is not affiliated with Sheraton other than having a license to use their name.

Room Tip: Book early. Make sure you have all terms in writig
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple