“Meisner's Of Detroit Love Sheraton Four Points”

Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Huntington Woods, Michigan
“Meisner's Of Detroit Love Sheraton Four Points”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

A stay at the Sheraton Four points is marked by great welcome by the front desk upon arrival and then being greeted by a well kept room with all of the necessary amenities. Because I have a son who is a baseball player at Niagara University it is important we have a hotel which provides value and is within minutes of the school.
While the rooms are great we always also find the restaurant to be convenient and provides quality food.
Finally, management at the hotel is responsive to all queries and their follow up is as good as it gets.

I suggest strongly considering the Sheraton Four Points in Niagara Falls on your next trip.

Mort Meisner

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank mort m m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Orangeville, Canada
Reviewed 23 November 2011

My husband and I and our 2 children along with my in-laws stayed here Nov. 18-20, 11. We were very impressed with the rooms. They are clean, beds are comfortable and linens are sparkling white. No need to worry about bedbugs here. Each room has a nice sized fridge with a freezer above. Pool desperately needs a vacuum. We did not eat at the restaurant. There is a great and reasonable pizza place a short walk from the hotel. We will definitely return here to stay. If you are government or military, the room rate is the best in the area. Located a very short drive from the outlet mall, target and a lot of restaurants.

2 Thank lovetovacation57
Troy
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We were in the falls for a liitle shopping and a bit of a escape. The four points was perfect. Close to shopping
Small but very nice rooms with everything we needed. Tho not in a very vibrant part of town, It was very close to shopping and was easy to get too.
Ryan at the front desk was very nice and very helpfull
This Is a great place to relax after a day of shopping . It is not on the strip but it is super clean and very nice
Thanks Again

Room Tip: The ice machine can get loud as the rooms are very quiet.
2 Thank jefmar
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We are currently staying at this property for the weekend of Nov 19th on a double Queen bed in the 6th floor. I must stay its been a surprisingly pleasurable experience.

Honestly we were a little circumspect about the property when we drove through the run down and kinda deserted neighborhood. But once we stepped into the hotel everything changed. I mean for $95 dollars a night for a weekend stay which includes a breakfast and aperizer, i was just expecting a clean and cosy hotel at the most. I mean at the end of the day its Sheraton. But what i did not expect was a beautifully appointed, ultra modern, sleek and contemporary room. Everything is so fresh and sleek. You can almost feel the fact that this is a newly renovated and completely redesigned property. From the furniture to the decor to the fixtures: everything is so sleek. I would expect this for a full service main line Sheraton I guess.

The staff are as refreshing as well. I checked in 3 hours early and hand no hassles. I was instantly greeted with a smile and was checked in 10 mins tops. Early check in request was honoured with a big smile inspite of a packed guest list for a Saturday. I was even greeted with a bottle of champagne in my room since I mentioned that its my anniversary. The entire hotel is immaculately maintained. Not a spot of dust anywhere. Rooms are a delight. I already described the room before.

The Restaurant was ok. Food was average but again the hospitality was amazing. This hotel is so worth it. We travel a lot and would rate this hotel at par with some of the top full service big hotels we have stayed with in the past.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank arnie2nirvana
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Reviewed 19 November 2011

My family and I recently stayed at the Four Points Sheraton in Niagara Falls, NY as we met there for a family celebration. We had about 7 rooms amongst all of us. We were each very pleased with the ease of check-in (with Ryan), friendliness of the staff (most mentionable Theresa) and amenities in our modern rooms. The hotel has obviously been renovated and is clean, sleek and comfortable.

The beds were very comfortable and the water pressure in the shower was perfect (I'm usually pretty picky about this!). We were on the 5th floor and the hotel had accommodated us to have all of our rooms blocked together on the same floor.

We did not take advantage of the breakfast credit that was included with our room but we did use the appetizer credit at dinner and highly recommend the Caprese salad! Our family who ate breakfast at the buffet had no complaints.

We had a large-party eat dinner at the restaurant in the hotel on a weekend night and the service was exceptional, especially considering how many people we had (19). The only complaint I might have about the restaurant is that the menu is somewhat limited but everyone was able to find something that worked for them.

Although I never got in the pool myself, I was actually taken aback by the facility (in a good way). It is in a grand natatorium with a beautiful view of the Niagara River. We stopped by at sunset and sat at one of the bistro tables to enjoy. It was too cold or else we would have gone outside to sit on the deck.

If you are looking for a clean, updated hotel that is convenient to the American Falls and Niagara/Buffalo shopping, I'd recommend this Four Points Sheraton. My husband and I have stayed at many hotels and while we are always looking for a value, we still would not skimp on cleanliness, customer service or convenience.

I'm glad we have now found a place for our families to meet up.

2 Thank GBEC2008
Ontario
Reviewed 13 November 2011

This was my first AND LAST visit to this "hotel". Driving down Buffalo Ave. after getting off the bridge from Canada, we travelled through some pretty barren territory until we found this secluded hotel. It "looked" nice, and had all the appearances of being able to give us a typical Sheraton "experience". This was not the case.
Checkin: booked a 2 queen bed package that included "free breakfast".
Got there and was informed that the hotel was sold out for the nite and that my requested upgrades were not available. As a SPG Gold member, I have ALWAYS been given some upgrade even when a hotel was sold out. This was not the case. I requested a king bed with a river view...the female "robot" at check in kept repeating the same message "if I could, I would give it to you in a heartbeat but we're sold out". She repeated this 3 times when I questioned her further. Realizing that I was going nowhere fast...I gave up and accepted the fact that this hotel did not value the custom of a regular Sheraton customer. I saw her write out what I thought was to be my voucher for the free breakfast. What I got was a $20 CREDIT! towards breakfast. This was the last straw. Asked to speak to the manager on duty. He arrived promptly and gave ME a lesson on how hotel rooms are booked and that of course if I had ordered a different type of room, he certainly wouldn't give away my room to someone else apparently what he thought I was asking him to do. I've had A LOT of dealings with Sheraton hotels across North America and know the deal...and so did he. I told him the "credit" voucher was misleading on the website as FREE means FREE. He then felt the need to explain to me (I must look really stupid) about how the voucher worked. I told him that I booked it on line and that this "credit" voucher was misleading. Again, being the idot he thought I was, he went on the explain how this worked. Obviously he wasn't listening to what I said about misleading information on the website. But, yet again, he was in the right and I was stupid...or made to feel this way. When I left the desk, I told the young robot and the Manager that I was not pleased. That didn't seem to bother either one of them as they did not respond. I was placed on a preferred floor with special amenities. Those "extra" perks consisted of a travel size bottle of Scope mouthwash valued at 99 cents and 1 poorly made, thin, cloth robe and a really great view of the parking lot and the industrial parks and run down homes and businesses in the area. Nice perk eh?
The room:
The beds were clean and comfortable and bug free. The fridge in the room made a loud noise all nite but that was okay as there were A LOT of young children on the floor that were allowed to run wild into the late hours of the nite, and early in the morning. The children in the next room were kind enough to deposit their wet pool towels in front of our door. Where were the parents of these children I asked myself? And this was a perferred floor? The windowsill was covered in water, despite the fact that it wasn't raining! The perks kept getting better!
The bathroom:
sink is located outside...it was okay...nothing special.
the bath/shower and toilet enclosure was VERY TINY, only enough room to stand upright in. If you have problems with tight spaces...you wouldn't make it here! Poor water pressure.
Wanted to make myself a cup of coffee in the a.m. but couldn't cuz there was no coffee...just the empty bag that was supposed to contain the coffee:(
The fitness facilites...YIKES!
I'm a swimmer and was pleased that the pool was open 'till 11 p.m. Great! or so I thought. Venturing down to "find" the pool, I eventually did. It's housed in a warehouse-type of building ajoining the hotel. No clock and not much of anything and the air temperature was COLD. There were a number of children in the pool, but that was not the concern. Upon entering the pool area, I noticed that some children were playing with the life saving equipment which I noticed was in a sorry state of dis-repair... Isn't that against the law?
When I entered the pool, I noticed how "murky" (dirty) the water was as I couldn't even see my feet...needless to say I left and went to the room to wash off...
Looking for the whirlpool, I followed all the signs with no luck until I found the whirlpool room by accident...but there was NO WHIRLPOOL...just a room that said whirlpool room containing long tables...what's the deal with that...you can't even remove the signs? Talk about yet again misleading the patrons of this hotel.
The "free" breakfast.
The only bright light in this whole thing was our wonderful server named Shelly. She was a delight and far too good for this place if you ask me.
Food was greasy..so much so that I ended up going to my room and throwing the entire breakfast up. There is only so much grease a body can handle.
Checkout:
Well, the manager from the night before was on the desk. I asked for an updated folio...obviously he remembered me but pretended not to and was terse, beyond professional and most disinterested in whether I had had a good stay (this was the SECOND time checking out of a Four Points that I wasn't asked how was the stay). As an added point, I have never returned to THAT Four Points either.
What's with Four Points?...they really don't seem to care about the people that stay there.
I wrote out the comment card and handed it to him. On the card I wrote...I'm going to do 2 things when I get home:
1) cancel my next reservation at this hotel (already booked for December)
and
2) write a review on Trip Advisor
Well here it is.
I know this may sound like I'm being a prima dona, but I'm not. When you are used to a level of service/quality from a hotel chain, you come to expect it. When you are spoken down to, treated like an idot, and given "perks" that are not perks at all...it's just wrong. Writing that something is included in a package and finding out there are strings attached is just PLAIN WRONG AND MISLEADING!
Tell the truth and be upfront.
The manager was quite a "large" fellow, and at one point my husband said to me...don't make waves, he's an ex-marine and he can snap you with one finger. My response was I don't care...business is business and in this case, this hotel, and these employees did not act in a honest manner with me, and frankly, I resent it!
You don't want my business, well you've got your wish...I won't be back, and neither will any of my other SPG gold member friends...Stay away from this place, shoddy business practices here! I wonder how long this place will stay in business as a Four Points. What ever happened to the old saying "the customer is always right"? Not at this place...you are wrong and stupid and you are made to feel ashamed if you are not grateful for the pitiful perks they extend to you. STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel...and then you'll get a good room
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
19 Thank SKSC
Steve W, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
The Four Points by Sheraton - Niagara Falls values the feedback and experiences of all of our guests, and we thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay. While we are sorry that you were dissatisfied with your experience, please rest assured that your comments and recommendations will be taken into consideration accordingly. While we certainly attempt to recognize our preferred guests, (as the high number of Gold, Platinum, and even Ambassador level guests who choose to book return visits with us certainly reflects), we try to extend this same level of courtesy to all of our guests. Complimentary upgrades are extended to our preferred guests whenever available, but not at the expense of having to downgrade another guest who legitimately booked a preferred room in advance. As for the remainder of your comments, we certainly understand how not receiving something that you felt entitled to may taint your overall experiences during your stay, and we will simply allow the overwhelming majority of independent reviews that reflect the positive experiences of our guests to speak for themselves. Again, we thank you for your feedback, and we will attempt to incorporate it into improving the experience for our future guests. Past feedabck from guests has helped us to design such improvements as allowing our guests purchasing breakfast packages to use the credit value of their package towards purchasing any menu item that they desire, as opposed to being limited to one standard free breakfast option. Guest requests have also helped us in expanding the services that our hotel offers, including our Whirpool Room conference area, named after one of the prominent geological features of the Niagara Falls region. As we continue to improve our hotel, we sincerely hope that you will choose to visit us again so that we may have another opportunity to extend the level of service and hospitality that we strive to provide to all of our guests.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I stayed here at the recommendation of a friend who lives in the area. It was just recently completely remodeled and reopend. The quality for the price was much better than other hotels in the area. It is definitely worth it to go for the upgrade to a suite with a river view. The room was large and very comfortable and the bathroom was gigantic, with a huge tub, a separate walk in shower, and double sinks. It even has a little kitchenette with a microwave and fridge. I got a package with breakfast included. The breakfast buffet was great, and the service was as well. The only gilitch I encountered had to do with the pillows on the bed. Their website promotes their soft, down pillows, but when i got to the room, there were four hard foam pillows on the bed. I called guest services and asked to have down pillows delivered to the room, then went out for dinner. Came back to find...... 4 more hard foam pillows in the room. By then, housekeeping was gone for the day, so I was stuck. Next day, I started my quest for down pillows early in the day, and finally got what I asked for.

Room Tip: upgrade to the river view suites - totally worth it
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo