“Pretty weak”

Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed there for a few weeks for business and wasn't too impressed. Not a great hotel- fitness center is limited, restaurant not too bad. Never seemed busy but always failed to upgrade platinum members. Cheap rate- not terrible if you aren't planning to spend much time in your room

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelbugSPG
Erin H, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Our preferred members are very important to us and we try our best to accommodate them. In the future, please feel free to contact the hotel directly for any special requests you may have prior to your arrival.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Returned to our Favorite Hotel In Niagara Falls NY...since we don't need a room with a Falls view or overlooking Malls this location just off I190 is great for a central stop over stay. 15 min drive to the Border Crossings, 8 min to the Fashion Outlets but still a relatively un-crowded area to stay. Getting popular so can get sold out and the parking lot can fill up.

Stayed as an SPG Plat and booked the best room so no upgrade possible. Jacuzzi Suite was spacious with a nice counter/microwave/min-fridge(w/Freezer). Done in the typical FP's style with a large desk, pull out sofa. Although the Jacuzzi Suites are next to the Elevator shaft we never notice any noise from it. Both rooms over looking the River for a great view making it feel like you were in a rural area and not in the Buffalo-NF area. Room was well cleaned and extra towels were easily obtained at the front desk.

Restaurant is consistent. Good food and great service. Nice Bar area. Discovered they have an unadvertised SPG Plat/Gold 20% Discount off the bill which was a pleasant surprise. The hotel restaurant is a good place to eat and earn SPG points at the same time. Nice covered patio area over looking the river as well.

We like the river side location here and they have a waterside docking area to kick back and watch the river go by.

Room Tip: Check-in Early for parking and River View rooms nice to have.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TM643
Erin H, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you so much for your detailed review. The satisfaction of our SPG Platinum members is very important to us so it makes us very happy to hear we are your favorite Niagara Falls hotel! We hope you join us this summer on the patio!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed in Rooms 302 and 309 on May 17 and 18 nights.

HERE ARE THE POSITIVES:

The hotel is easily accessible via the I-190 and is located by the riverside; it is the only building taller than 2-stories in the area, so you won't miss it;

Check-in and Check-out was efficient; the front desk staff was helpful and courteous;

Parking was not an issue; there was ample parking in the hotel lot;

The rooms are fair sized and beds are comfortable.

... THE NOT SO POSITIVE:

The elevators are very slow, particularly, the doors; they take an eternity to close.

Even though the hotel is located riverside, there is no access to walk along the river.

... AND FINALLY, THE NEGATIVE (and this weighed heavily on my overall rating):

On the first night, neither my daughters nor I managed to sleep more than three hours. There was a dog in the room across from 309 that kepy howling away (for more than 2 hours). I called down to the front desk and it appeared others had complained as the front desk agent said that they had contacted the dog's owners and it should be resolved shortly; the howling went on for another hour.

Other guests on the floor were speaking very loudly in the hallway from 1:30 a.m. through about 3:00 a.m. Doors were banging.

The two issues above kept us up most of the night.

For the record, it was better the second night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Erin H, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We always look forward to receiving feedback from our guests so that we may further enhance the Four Points experience.
I am happy to hear our Front Desk agents were friendly and courteous during your visit and that you found our location and parking to be a plus to your stay.
I am sorry to hear you had to endure a night of noisy neighbors. As a frequent visitor of hotels myself, I certainly understand the frustration of not being able to get a good night sleep. I hope you accept my sincere apology for the disruption you experienced. On your next visit with us, please contact me directly and I will handle your reservation personally.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Our stay at the The Four Points Sheraton, Niagra Falls, N.Y. was as lovely as could be. After driving nearly 13 hours, we were looking for a comfortable place stay and a bite to eat. From the moment we entered the hotel, we were treated like royalty by the very knowledgeable and helpful front desk staff. They gave us a beautiful, quiet room overlooking the water on the 8th floor --spectacular views. A cot (that was as comfortable as any bed)was immediately brought up for my son. The room was spacious, well-designed, and very clean. We went down to the restaurant where we were served a delicious meal by helpful staff--the bruschetta was out of this world as was the Caesar salad with shrimp, and pizza. The morning breakfast buffet was equally wonderful. The staff really went out of their way to be friendly and helpful in spite of the fact that the hotel was nearly full. I look forward to returning in the near future.

Room Tip: Definitely choose a waterside view!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

I am happy that our staff was able to make your stay such a memorable one! Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a great review. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at The Four Seasons - Sheraton over the weekend to be closer to the Niagara Falls.
We were very happy that we did. The rooms were very clean and roomy with linens being changed everyday!!!
The staff were very helpful and made us feel as comfortable as possible.
We be staying at this hotel in the future and I would reccomend it to anyone staying in Niagara falls.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much sharing your thoughts with us! We have a very hard working and dedicated staff that look forward to hearing feedback. I will certainly share your visit with the team and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I love this hotel, it is one of my favorite places to stay. The staff is terrific, our rooms have always been clean and comfortable. The food is wonderful and the views are great of the river. When I leave I am already planning when we will return. Great place! The best room service I have had in any hotel.

Room Tip: The river view rooms are very nice and the regular rooms are great too.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Erin H, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review and repeat buisness! We look forward to seeing you again and again!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

As usual the beds were super comfy, ideal after a long Atlantic crossing. Flying into Buffalo Airport, the hotel was pretty easy to find and could be spotted on your right as you cross the North Grand Island Bridge.

The car park is spacious and parking is free. Entering the hotel, check in in on the right hand side where I was greeted with a friendly smile. In my experience the staff couldn't do enough for me which was a pleasant surprise.

I stayed in a family room. The only disappointment was the 'car park' view. The 2 room suite was spacious, equipped with a microwave and coffee maker and good size fridge. The a/c was a little noisy but not uncomfortably so.

The bathroom was a little small but sparkling clean, bath and shower with good pressure. The cold water here was extremely cold, probably something to do with the icy climate during my stay.

The dining room overlooks the Niagara river, which I imagine must look beautiful in the summer.

Breakfast was superb value for money at $10 pp. Cereals, cooked sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, all prepared to a good standard. The service also was very good.

The location is 15 mins from Niagara Falls in one direction and about the same to the Niagara Falls Fashion Outlet Mall in the other direction.

Safe boxes are available at no extra charge at the front desk. Superb fast blazing wifi in room and throughout the hotel.

All in all a very good stay, friendly helpful staff and I would certainly return but probably in the summer next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ilrich

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We are so happy you chose to stay with us while traveling so far from home! Please do come again in the summer so that you can enjoy our beautiful river view from our outdoor patio! We look forward to seeing you again next time!