“Good hotel but in a weird location”

Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed here for a weekend shopping trip. I was looking for a good quality, clean hotel at a fair price. I ended up booking on points as I could get 2 nights for the same points value as 1 at another property. With that in mind we weren't expecting much. It turned out to be a nice hotel. Everything was clean from the lobby to the halls to the room. They have a full service restaurant which we did not use but it was busy every time we passed by. The staff were all very nice and seemed to be helpful....we didn't need anything but felt that if we did we would have been taken care of.

The beds were comfortable and we had a nice river view. The bathroom is small but clean. We did find it odd that the door swung out into the room and the sink is right beside the bed. I have stayed at a few places were the sink is outside of the bathroom which we actually like but at this hotel there is no buffer space between the sink and the room. No big deal! The rooms are small but if you are only there to sleep it's fine. There was a bit of noise from the neighbour....they had a small baby that cried a lot. You can also hear loud doors that slam in the hallway.

Location wise this hotel is off in a really weird place. It's very close to the highway which is convenient but the area feels sketchy. We never saw anyone around and never felt unsafe though.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Careylw
Erin H, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience! We find that many of our guests prefer our short distance from the hustle and bustle of the state park and close proximity to the Fashion Outlets and other shopping. We hope to see you again on your next shopping trip!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I was attending my spouses high school reunion which was held at the Niagara Falls Sheraton Four Points. My reservation mistakenly was for an ADA accessible room, but we did not require it, and asked to be moved to a regular room with a bathtub. Because is was 4th of July weekend the hotel was sold out and would not make any accommodation. The property was tired and had maintenance issues. Our room AC froze up each night and rattled like a train. The bathroom sink was clogged up and didn't drain properly. Even though we were Starwood SPG members, we got no turn down service. Management did give us some drink tickets to calm our nerves. But one item that is a deal break erin hotel is a wake up call. We placed a wake up call with the front desk the night before our check out and did not receive a wakeup call which caused us a later departure to the airport for our flights and a lot of unnecessary stress. The front desk confirmed our wakeup call but then tried to blame us that we didn't pick up the phone. Really. The restaurant food was good and the banquet services for the reunion party was good. There is no gym at the hotel and the pool furniture was sparse. If you are going to Niagara Falls I do not recommend this property, and suggest you stay closer to the falls in a property that will treat you well and value your business.

Room Tip: If you are going to Niagara Falls on the US side, stay at a hotel closer to the falls, and one that...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ratlas

Thank you for sharing your experience. I apologize for the extra stress caused by your missed wake up call, I do understand that can be very frustrating. Many of our Preferred, Gold, and Platinum members anticipate upgrades upon their arrival due to their outstanding loyalty. However, because Niagara Falls is a busy place in the summer time our beautiful river front rooms often sell out so we cannot always accommodate an upgrade. Please join us in our off season when our upgraded rooms are more often available.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed in this hotel for a night with my family. The 260 sq foot room I stayed was very clean. For 5 members, the room was a little small. The bathroom was small too. The AC was good. The people in the front desk are very cordial and friendly. We did not dine in the hotel restaurant.
The Niagara Falls state park is a 5 minute drive from this hotel. This hotel is located right next to the river. We get a beautiful view of the river and the bridge to the Grand Island if we step down the stairs located at the back of the hotel.
Overall, I liked the hotel and would recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: If your party size is more than 4, avoid the 260 square foot room. Rooms with the river view shoul...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank shan_Indy
Erin H, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! We hope to see you the next time you come to Niagara Falls, USA!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I thought I was lost in Buffalo before I arrived at this Four Points. Although I would rather stay here than downtown Niagara. Kids enjoyed the pool while I enjoyed a beer and a view of the river. The hotel is very clean and I think I saved a couple hundred a night compared to other hotels near the falls. The AC unit buzzed all night long the first night however the staff fixed it while we were away for the day. Sure there are hotels in a better location but you will pay for those.

Room Tip: AC unit added to the poor sleep quality. Make sure it's working properly before you unpack the l...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Joe C
Steve W, Asst General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thanks for visiting us! We certainly find that our guests enjoy our location just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of downtown, but still just a short drive from all of the attractions. And our waterfront location can't be beat! We look forward to seeing again on your next visit to Niagara Falls!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed a night. Hotel looked decent. Room was clean enough. But in the restaurant, loud music was playing late into the night. When I called to inquire about the music, I was told it would end in a couple minutes. Well, thirty minutes later the loud music was still going strong. I went to the front desk to complain. Again, I was told it would end soon. It is now almost approaching midnight and the band is still playing.

I can emphatically say that the staff can not be trusted and the establishment cared more about revenue from the restaurant than the well being of the guests. I for sure will never contemplate staying at a Four Points again.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Tiger6200

The satisfaction of all of our guests is our utmost priority and I am very sorry that you did not feel valued during your stay. We find that many of our guests stay at our property specifically for our live music, as live entertainment is not always easy to come by in Niagara Falls. If you decide to stay with us again please contact the hotel directly prior to your arrival so that we can ensure the quality of your stay is not affected by other events or activities we have going on in the hotel.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was my first trip to Niagara Falls area and I couldn't have asked for a nicer place. It was a bit out of the way from the "consumer area" of the falls but I thought it was awesome. We had a suite that was huge. We had 4 adults and we could have had 2 more people in the room and still had lots of space. The bathroom was clean, big and beautiful and the only thing that was missing was some water pressure. The shower was pretty weak. We didn't try the restaurant, but heard great things about the food. The pool and outside grounds were very beautiful. Our room view was of the pool area, so that was ok, but we could still see the river beyond the pool. When we checked in the front desk person was very nice and friendly and gave us some ideas of where we could go to eat as well as promoting the hotel restaurant. It was a very nice stay.

Room Tip: the suites near the pool can loud if there are folks swimming.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Erin H, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are glad to hear you had an excellent stay! We are 4 miles from Niagara Falls and the downtown area, but we (and many of our guests) find that to be very relaxing. It sounds like you stayed in our Bridal Suite, which is one of a kind, literaly! It is very spacious, with a living space that includes a pullout sofa and a kitchenette, seperate sleeping space, and special access to our swiming pool. Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel is a little bit far from the Niagara Falls, but hotel room is very clean and the restaurant has very delicious foods. In the restaurant, we can see a great view of Niagara river and have great calm family time with great foods. I love this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We are so happy you love are hotel and took the time to tell us! Our restaurant patio is a great place to relax, eat, and enjoy live music and a great view. We hope to see you again soon!