“Wow.”

Maid of the Mist
Book In Advance
US$134.94*
and up
Niagara Falls in One Day: Deluxe Sightseeing Tour of American and Canadian Sides
US$94.95*
Niagara Falls Canadian Side Tour and Maid of the Mist Boat Ride
US$94.95*
Niagara Falls American-Side Tour with Maid of the Mist Boat Ride
Ranked #1 of 24 Tours in Niagara Falls
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Maid of the Mist-America's Most Monumental Experience Since 1846. Trips depart every 15 minutes from Prospect Point, Niagara Falls State Park in Niagara Falls, New York. Tours are 20 minutes long. Take a ride to the base of Niagara Falls for an experience to remember. Souvenir rain ponchos are provided.
Houston
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Wow.”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Do yourself a favor and don't limit yourself to only viewing the falls from the observation deck. The view from the Maid of the Mist is absolutely incredible. I'm so glad I went back and bout the boat pass. It was incredible.

Visited May 2014

• Turkish first
Almere, The Netherlands
238 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 493 helpful votes
“Terrific boat tour, a really MUST DO!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I don't use these words often, but this is a really 'MUST DO' if you are visiting the incredible Niagara Falls. There are also boat trips offered on the American side, but we took it on the Canadian side. The dock is located on the Niagara Parkway, a few hundred meters from the Rainbow Bridge. You can see the white boats with all the tourists in blue ponchos from far. First you buy your $17 tickets at the ticket office. On the way to the pier, you will get the blue poncho which you may keep as a souvenir. Depending on time of day and the whether, there can be a long line, but when it is your turn to board the two deck ferry boat, make sure you have a place at the railing. Then you have a good view and you can hold on to that railing. When the ferry is full (or each 30 minutes), it departs, heading to the American Falls and the Bridal Veil Falls. You come really close and this is very spectacular. You all get wet, but you don't care because it is so exciting! I took both my camera and my film camera with me and struggled to keep them dry, but I shot great pictures. Then the ferry heads up to the Horseshoe Falls and you know what to expect. This is so spectacular! The ferry sails into the mist of the Horseshoe Falls, almost to the point where the gushing water hits the basin. Again you get soaked and your are glad that you wear the poncho. The sound of the thundering water is impressive. After a while the ferry will leave the Horseshoe Falls and sails along the American Falls (for great picture opportunities), finally back to the dock. Underway you will see a second Maid of the Mist, operating the following tour.
The Maid of the Mist tour is the oldest tourist attraction of North America. It started in 1846 and is world famous ever since. Millions of people have meanwhile enjoyed the boat tour. It operates from April till October.

Visited August 2013
Windsor, Canada
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Best Excursion in Niagara”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We did the whirlpool boats and behind the falls and by far this was the best thing we did, so much fun and its just an unbelievable feeling being so close to the falls, something I will never forget

Visited August 2013
2 Thank KylefromWindsor
Sheffield, United Kingdom
126 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 260 helpful votes
“A MUST but not my favourite view of the falls”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

You can't go to Niagara Falls (USA or Canada) without a trip on the Maid of the Mist and although it is a fantastic experience and one not to miss, I much prefer seeing the falls from the State Park and view points.
On this visit it was a whistle stop tour, so the Maid of the Mist was the highlight as we did not have enough free time on our 'business trip' to take in any of the other view points.
The Maid of the Mist never fails to make me smile and amazes me the power it must take to get you so close to the falls.
An amazing experience - but on busy days be prepared to stand in line!

Visited May 2014
Flint, Michigan
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Deceptively long waits”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Maid of the Mist is a pretty cool experience if you've never done it before and I guess it is a must-do if you are at the Falls. Our kids (3 and 5) weren't thrilled by it, but what turned me off a little was the long, long wait to get on a boat. I asked the girl at the ticket counter and she told me it wasn't long at all, maybe 15-20 minutes. Well, it was 20 minutes all right, but that was just to get down the labyrinthine staircase to the bottom. Once we got close to the docks we waited another 55 minutes in the broiling, merciless sun before we finally boarded.

Maid of the Mist is a staple of the Falls, and that means you WILL have a long wait, no matter what the ticket staff tells you.

Visited July 2013