Review of Maid of the Mist

Maid of the Mist
Ranked #2 of 26 Tours in Niagara Falls
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Maid of the Mist-America's Most Monumental Experience Since 1846. Trips depart every 15 minutes from Prospect Point, Niagara Falls State Park in Niagara Falls, New York. Tours are 20 minutes long. Take a ride to the base of Niagara Falls for an experience to remember. Souvenir rain ponchos are provided. The last day of the 2018 season will be Sunday November 4th. Operations will resume in the spring.
Reviewed 19 August 2014

there was hardly a waiting time at the ticket line and getting on the boat was very fast.
it was a lot of fun to see the falls so close and get wet from the falls!
would do it again if ever visiting the falls again!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,202)
All reviews
in 65 reviews
"discovery pass"
in 83 reviews

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Don't combine this with the aquarium and discovery center...those are a waste of time. This though is pretty awesome and is a must if visiting. The boat ride is not very long but worth it.
Do the cave of the winds first because they give you sandals and use them on this boat to keep your shoes dry. Bring a bag for your shoes.
I only put 'Very Good' because of the length being so short, but it is still worth it.

1  Thank MikeD162
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was so affordable and a great view of the falls. You will be able to experience the power and magnificence of Niagara Falls in a way you can not by just standing on the overlook. You will be soaked if you do not cover up. It was was more like a hard rain when we got close! Be careful with your cameras!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We really enjoyed our trip on the Maid of the Mist!

I would recommend going in the morning rather than the afternoon; we arrived about 11am on a Saturday and didn't have to wait very long to buy tickets or board (but the line was very long when we were done). It took a while to get close to the attraction (via car) and we had to pay for parking in a garage and then walk a few blocks to the ticket area.

Luckily, we were able to keep our clothes (but not shoes) relatively dry due to the ponchos provided to all passengers. However the mist was a bit annoying - you really feel like you're in the middle of a rainstorm, especially as you get closer to the Falls! At times, I couldn't even keep my eyes open due to the "mist" and, when I left my sunglasses on, I was equally blinded due to the number of water droplets on my lenses. I guess that is all part of the experience. And, again, it was very fun, though a little intense. The boat is also pretty packed which may bother some people. My husband had a blast! As for me, one time on the Maid of the Mist was enough.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Definitely worth the $34 for two tickets. The ride was short but we got soaked by the midst from the horseshoe falls in a good way! The boat provided fantastic views and the company was organized well for the crowds. Would definitely go back.

Also, you don't need the ponchos they provide. If you bring a decent raincoat you will be fine. My girlfriend and I wore Colombia rain jackets and were good.