“Well, it is worth to stay during the trip, but the price is...”

Super 8 Niagara Falls/Buffalo Area
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Indianapolis
“Well, it is worth to stay during the trip, but the price is...”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Well, it is worth to stay during the trip, but the price is still a little bit expensive, anyway, it is clean and comfortable with high speed internet/ free parking /free breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Robert-Super8, General Manager at Super 8 Niagara Falls/Buffalo Area, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
hello Zhao,

First let me say thank you for time and letting us at the Super 8 Niagara Falls know how
we are doing. I glad to see that the Super 8 met your standards.
Robert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Frederick
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The hotel (at least on the 2nd floor) smells overwhelmingly like smoke and bleach. It's gross. Despite there being a door to close off the smoking wing, it was a huge turnoff and pervades the entire atmosphere.

Walls are thin so you can hear a lot. Luckily, things were not too noisy on our stay, but I could hear someone snoring in the room next to us, to give you an idea of lack of the sound insulation.

The mattresses were uncomfortable and either really old or really cheap.

Staff was friendly enough, but not overly so.

The bathroom was clean enough, the water pressure decent in the shower, and there was free wi-fi that actually worked (that's more than you get at some fancy places!)

It's what I expect for a cheap hotel, but for the price point, I think better options exist (e.g., Holiday Inn Express).

Hello Jonathan,
I thank you for time and remarks.
I am sorry that we did not meet your standards.
I hope you called the desk about the noise, so the staff could address the problem.
Robert
Maryland, USA
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I don't know why people rated this hotel so high on this site. Seriously, people! The "breakfast" consisted of quarter sized rolls and Tang that they passed off as orange juice. The whole building smelled of smoke even though they had a smoking "wing". I should have known the type of people who stay at this hotel when I saw a sign on top of the TV in the room that gave prices for the comforter, pillows, towels, hair dryer, etc if you felt the need to take them home because they are so "nice". The pool is in the front parking lot - obviously an afterthought. The signs on the front desk for guests to read were riddled with grammar mistakes. The information desk was never manned. There were rooms next to us with 20 people in each room who kept their doors open so they could walk back and forth between the rooms all night. The rooms were somewhat clean, but I left with bites on my feet that I still don't know where they came from. I will not be back.

1 Thank teacherchickx2
hello teacherchickx2,

Thank for your time and thoughts about the Super 8.
I am sorry for the problems you had with your stay -but the breakfast does meet the
Standards that are in place for the Super 8 chain. Florida Naturals Orange Juice and Apple
- Toast- Five Brothers Coffee - Lipton Tea - Belgian Waffles - Fruit - Super 8 Cinnamon Rolls.
If something ran out we do have to sub.

Sincerely, Robert
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 10 July 2013

As with most first timers, we (my wife and I) were not sure whether we should stay close to the falls (so that we can reach it easily) or a bit away (buffalo area). We decided to stay close so that even in case parking is not available at Niagara Falls (I was not sure), we can use public transport to go there. Hence, we chose this hotel despite the bad reviews (thought: how bad can a super 8 be) and an extremely high room price ($179/night).

Believe me, it was a terrible decision. The room was stinking probably because the carpet was too old. Bedsheets were dirty and had dirt-spots on them. The bathroom was also average (below average for that price). Add to that the fact that the concierge was extremely rude.

My advise would be to avoid this hotel at all costs. If you don't need Canadian Visa, it is better to stay in Canada as you would get 4-star hotels at around $100. If not, stay in Buffalo. There is lots of cheap ($5) parking space available so you'll never be out of parking at Niagara Falls and Buffalo is not so far. This hotel is neither close nor good. Plus, it is definitely not a value for money deal. So there is no good reason to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Hotels in Canada and in Buffalo are cheaper and better. Also, the travel time is not huge and there...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VivekGaurVats
To VivekGaurVats,

Thank you for your time and letting us we failed during your stay.
I hope while you were here that you gave a chance to fix any problems.
Thanks Robert
Barrie
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Although the hotel is basically a two star or less, it is clean and the front desk is run quite well. They are organized and extremely helpful especially when our car broke down.

Where they fell short was price gouging on July 4th weekend when they jacked up their price from $79/ night to $219/night through management owner's greed.

Great value for money but boy be aware of any national holidays when they all will price gouge just because they can. This is a BIG downer on the name brand.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Devr D
Robert-Super8, General Manager at Super 8 Niagara Falls/Buffalo Area, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Hello Devr. ,
I am glad you enjoyed your holiday at the Super 8 Niagara Falls.
I am sorry for the rate differences but it the peak season in Niagara Falls, NY.
We hope to see you again
Have a great day,