“Horrid!!!”
Review of Sands Motel

Sands Motel
Ranked #45 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Way over priced. Disgusting. Only place for me to stay at short notice.
Dirty, crusty carpet - something that looked like Mushroom soup that had never been cleaned. Wallpaper falling off, exposing a hole in the wall. Smelled. Mold in shower. Slept with the light on, I was afraid of what may crawl about in the dark. So very gross. Would rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Cheldea

Reviewed 29 May 2012

This is not a hotel or motel, you can not name it even an inn!
I was in Niagara falls until late night and I was so tired, I could not find any other place around so I got this room online.
You can not imagine how terrible it was.
The room was really dirty and disgusting and I could not use the bathroom because it was so smelly.
The building and furniture are so old and they look like not be cleaned for years.
The bed is very uncomfortable and dirty like all other things.
It is not any restaurant there and the pool is just a scam for getting a better score!
Dont try this motel even for free.
I am so regretful for wasting my money rather than sleeping in my car.
If you want to select this place please go and see there, I am sure you prefer to drive more than 2-3 hours and stay in another city or just sleep in your car instead of staying in this creepy place.

Room Tip: Just run away from this place!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank alisonbanoo
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

I had to stay somewhere around the Niagara falls and all places were full. I booked this place online and paid $158.00 for one night stay. As soon as I arrived at the place I realized how terrible it is. I would rather stay the night in my car and not in those stinky rooms. The bathroom is terrible and my room's doorlock was not working. The room comes with a breakfast but believe me you don't want to try that under any circumstance. I am tired of writing about this place, I suggest anyone not to repeat the mistake and I wish I could give it a score below "terrible".

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank spikedriven
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here for one night as I could not get a flight out of Buffalo the same day we visited Niagara Falls. The motel was horrible, I did not care to do proper research to pick a hotel for my stay it was just a one night resting point, so I picked something closer to the Falls. I regret the decision, as my parents could not sleep well in that smelly and disgusting room. The beds were horrible and dirty. We had to leave early the next morning and the hot water was out. Forget about breakfast or any such perks.. The room is extremely small, furniture was all cheap and old.. The staff was not helpful at all. Stay away from this motel if you are planning to visit Niagara Falls.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank udaysasi
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Stay away everyone. Stayed here with my girlsfriend for a shopping weekend. Friday night we arrived and needed to quickly ask for new sheets as they were so dirty from the night before...or who knows when. Front desk gave us new sheets..did not offer to change the bed for us..nor care that our room was dirty. Then fast forward to sat night when a large fight breaks out in front of our room...yelling, pulling on our door and window. After calling 911 (cause the front desk did not aswer their phone) and hiding in the bathroom. We packed our stuff and went to the front desk to check out. The manager...or jerk as I like to call him...did not care at all that we were checking out due to his lack of concern for the fight and our safety. He just kept yelling at us and saying no refunds..no refunds..over and over again. I wish this was his daughter, mother or wife...but sadly I don't even think he would care then. He was very rude, unprofessional and disrespectful to women. Then to top it off he refunded the whole family that was being kicked out....so refund for causing problems..no refund for having problems. Good customer service skills...I would say not! stay away from Knights Motel as well...he owns that one too.

Room Tip: Don't ever stay here
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank TW23
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Room was too small, it stunk, bathtub was small, towels were like sand paper. There was no WI-FI or it didn't work (who knows)....pool was dirty...room was overpriced...and, no breakfast or maybe they served breakfast at lunch time, in either case I was gone by then...I would recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DeeJoe
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Very old furnitures, the bathroom door won't close fully, you can feel the springs in the mattress, unfriendly stuff, even nobody there in the morning. Worst of all, hike up some extra charge, not cheap at all.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family