“We were misled”

The Marketside
Ranked #18 of 296 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Upon reading the reviews of others, we decided to go out of our way for breakfast at this restaurant. The décor is cottage light and it is an obvious local regular spot as many people chatted at tables and were greeted at the door. We placed two orders, one for pancakes and sausage and one for sausage, eggs, home fries and toast. The pancakes were average and not something one would go out of their way to get. The side order of sausage were 2 sausages. They came to the table with one sausage promising to bring the other once it was cooked. The sausages were horribly greasy and my honey had to wait 15 minutes for the other sausage. As for my breakfast, everything was grease. The eggs were greasy and had some weird spice in them, the sausages were greasy and overly cooked, the home fries were laying in a bed of oil and had a weird taste to them. I took a couple of bites of things and concentrated on my toast and prepackaged jam. Save the sausage issue, we had a friendly waitress always there to top up your coffee (hence the one star rating). Our order was over $20 which is a ridiculously overpriced meal. I never thought I would say this, but I was looking longingly at McDonald's. I would definitely NOT recommend this place unless you want to overpay for a horrible breakfast.

2  Thank beacher1967
There are newer reviews for The Marketside

Reviewed 2 June 2013

This place served up a meal with all fresh ingredients reminiscent of a meal my Italian born dad would cook for us. We went for Friday fish, although I understand it is more notorious for great breakfasts & lunch. Classic family owned place & it is obvious that they love what they do. Locals seemed to be the majority, but tourists need to know about it. Niagara Falls (USA) needs more places like this.

2  Thank mona c
Reviewed 25 May 2013

except for the very limited hours, often closed by noon, this is a treasure, especially the breakfasts including Disney-style pancakes, a deliciously wise-guy chef-owner and some superb cakes and pies... worth getting up early for, and a fine look at "inside" Niagara Falls

1  Thank DOUGANDPOLLY
Reviewed 3 May 2013

This place is amazing. Instant happiness. I swear by the roasted vegetable omelet. The vegetables are always fresh and in season, not from a can (I uploaded a picture of it).
The atmosphere is lively with lots of locals having a great time. The servers are prompt, polite and attentive.
The best though, is that every half hour or so the owner/chef comes out from the kitchen to check on his customers. He goes from table to table and greets everyone personally. An incredible guy with a big personality. Highly recommended for both tourists and locals. A real hometown gem.

1  Thank mrbuilding
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Great Food,Great Service,Great Prices,Great Atmosphere........would try dinner or lunch on the next visit.