“Local diner”

Cuisines: American
Niagara Falls, New York
“Local diner”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

This place is like eating at home. The owner makes it a point to come out and say hello to everyone in the morning. Makes sure that you're having a good meal. When my kids were little he made the Mickey Mouse pancakes. Great place for breakfast.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank barbf333

GRAND ISLAND
“you ain't seen nuthin' yet”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The Cheap Gourmets, coming from a physician appointment, had to wonder if this little gem was still open, as low-profile, family-owned eateries struggle against the chains... was it ever, simply bustling, and they c-ould hardly believe their fortune in putting away what amounted to three breakfasts -- two omelets with a separate order of a manhole-cover-sized pancake for an even $12... terrific food, although service a bit casual, had to go get own coffee once... place really bustling, not even "Casablanca" rounds up usual suspects like this... good food, good times, characters welcome, you may have seen the Falls, but until you breakfast (closes at noon most days) at the Marketside Diner, you haven't seen Niagara...

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank DOUGANDPOLLY
Niagara Falls, New York, United States
“Breakfast Just Like in Grandma's Kitchen”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Marketside is the epitomy of homey, friendly coffee shop restaurants that serve breakfasts and lunches of well-prepared comfort food that is delicious. We love to stop there for breakfast, where we blend in with the regular clientele. The coffee is hot and delicious, and the array of choices include traditional ham and eggs or bacon with your choice of toast, or specialties created by the chef, including wonderful "scrambles" that blend favorite ingredients. The price is right, and the service is friendly and efficient. The Marketside is a great gathering place for a good cup of coffee and a bite to eat. It reminds me of my Grandma's kitchen.

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank Luanne Z
Mentor, Ohio
“Perfect breakfast place.”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Found this restaurant via yelp and decided to check it out. It is a local owned restaurant in the Niagara Falls area. I was staying at Seneca Niagara casino and wanted to try something different for breakfast rather eating at the hotel. This place is about a 10 minute drive from Casino Niagara. Small place, small menu but outstanding food and service. All fresh ingredients and made to order, I had a made to order omelet that came with potatoes, super delicious. The owner was cooking and and came out and greeted everyone. He also came out to see how we liked the food. That was a such a nice touch. There were a lot of regulars there, I know because everyone knew each other. I would highly recommend this place for breakfast. They did have a lunch menu but I did not look at that as I wanted breakfast. One thing to know is this is a cash only place. Two thumbs up!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank BAQ919Mentor_Ohio
Toronto, Canada
“We were misled”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Upon reading the reviews of others, we decided to go out of our way for breakfast at this restaurant. The décor is cottage light and it is an obvious local regular spot as many people chatted at tables and were greeted at the door. We placed two orders, one for pancakes and sausage and one for sausage, eggs, home fries and toast. The pancakes were average and not something one would go out of their way to get. The side order of sausage were 2 sausages. They came to the table with one sausage promising to bring the other once it was cooked. The sausages were horribly greasy and my honey had to wait 15 minutes for the other sausage. As for my breakfast, everything was grease. The eggs were greasy and had some weird spice in them, the sausages were greasy and overly cooked, the home fries were laying in a bed of oil and had a weird taste to them. I took a couple of bites of things and concentrated on my toast and prepackaged jam. Save the sausage issue, we had a friendly waitress always there to top up your coffee (hence the one star rating). Our order was over $20 which is a ridiculously overpriced meal. I never thought I would say this, but I was looking longingly at McDonald's. I would definitely NOT recommend this place unless you want to overpay for a horrible breakfast.

• Visited April 2013