“Awesome value for your $ - Newly renovated rooms!”

Aashram Hotel by Niagara River
Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome value for your $ - Newly renovated rooms!”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend when we took a trip to the states from Toronto to do some Christmas shopping. We found this hotel through priceline so we got a great deal at $67 for the night. The pictures did look almost too good to be true but we figured we would give it a shot anyway.
We checked in around midnight and the owner was very brief and accommodating - he also lent us a corkscrew upon asking (points!)

The hotel doesn't look as promising from the outside but once we got to our room, we were amazed. The rooms have been newly renovated and everything looks fantastic and modern. The king-size bed was extremely comfortable and the flat screen TV was a bonus! The room, including the bathroom was spotless.

After a great sleep, we woke up and had a continental breakfast which consisted of boiled eggs, fresh waffles (waffle maker), oatmeal, yogurt, juices, coffee/tea, etc.
The breakfast was good and we fell back asleep only to wake up an hour after our check-out time. The owners were more than understanding and laughed it off with us.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family travelling in the area, and will stay here if I am in the area again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TAYLM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Beamsville, Canada
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed here new years eve....we normally stay at higher end hotels but everything we thought we wanted was over 300 and we would barely be in the hotel room. So we found this place online and when we saw the price we said? this price for that room? We were actually scared to go to the hotel in case of bugs or not looking like the pictures....well to our surprise the room looked like the pictures. The beds were comfortable, the shower had good pressure, everything was new. The service at the front desk was fantastic....For sure I would recommend this hotel, close to the highway as well. You even get a free continetial breakfast. We have travelled a lot in our time and by far best hotel for the price...normally I am 150 or more at the hotels I stay at.....This was 73.00 including taxes, no extra charge for parking...yep great.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa S
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on Dec 30 as part of a last minute shopping trip. The hotel is reasonably priced and very close to the outlet mall and restaurants. The hotel is modern looking, clean and has free wifi. We had a comfortable sleep and I would recommend, no problem. The location is not exactly pretty but it's very close to the highway and for a shopping trip is perfect. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Bollox88
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I tried to cancel my hotel on the day of, and I know that they have a policy but they would not refund me any of the nightly fee and I wasn't able to stay there for the night. Will not book at this hotel again and for those of you who do make sure you read all of the fine print!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank tammi w

Travellers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

Knoxvlle, Tn
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed 2 nights. Hotel located in the middle of major road construction. Room was just okay. Had 2 double beds and 1 twin bed. The beds were comfortable and were the only redeeming quality in the room. Closet door was broken. Bathroom was very small. No amenities in room other than a small TV situated on a cheap desk that was attached to the wall. Walls were very thin. Could hear everything going on in next rooms and hallway. Deluxe breakfast was advertised but was far from deluxe. Breakfast offering was a waffle-making machine, bagels, toast, some fruit, cold cereal, milk and juice. Overall the hotel is not very inviting and was definitely not worth $100 a night. Won't stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank luckylady47
Toronto
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Let me just start by saying we stayed for one night and paid roughly $68 for the night - so this was a relatively inexpensive stay. My review is based solely on what we paid for the night and my expectations were as such (ie you get what you pay for).

The location of the hotel was in a relatively dodgy area. Its not unsafe, but its in a quiet area that looked pretty run down. But you could say most of Buffalo looks that way (zing!). That being said, the hotel itself is VERY secure (camera's everywhere). Inside, the hotel was obviously remodeled recently. We spoke to the owners, who said they bought it in 2009'ish. They've done really well.

Great spot if you plan on shopping at the outlet mall - which is what our trip was all about. It is literally < 10 minutes away. Walden Galleria is roughly 20-30 minutes away. There's virtually nothing, food-wise, in the area. A couple of sketchy pizza restaurants. You can drive up to Porter Road, about 7-10 minutes, to get to a Ponderosa.

The rooms itself were very clean, modern. Bed had a huge assortment of comfortable pillows. As others have noted, the walls are paper thin. It's not like you can hear every word your neighbors are saying, but you can definitely pick up murmurs and stuff from other rooms. Totally not that annoying - for me at least.

My one, and only, complaint was the washroom. It was clean and everything, but just not functional or spacious. For example, the rack with towels was right above the toilet - literally above my head. It just felt so cramped. The shower also had some dirty spots on the ceiling and a patch that didn't look so appealing. And again, with the paper thin walls, you better have a pretty solid relationship with whomever you're traveling with because all sounds are heard. ;)

The breakfast was.... breakfast. A good selection of your typical DYI waffles, pastries, breads, yogurt and fruit. The boiled eggs had an off taste and we didn't eat them. Maybe because they were batch microwaved or re-used? Not sure. We were satisfied with the toast, bagels and juice.

Overall, I would totally stay here again. For what we paid, it gave us exactly what we would expect. The owners are incredibly hard working, honest and helpful. They have obviously put their heart and soul into this place and I respect that.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank derbdo
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

The staff was nice, they serve you with smile & give advise about niagara falls visiting times. The room had enough space for 3 people. My room was107 with back yard view. Also the breakfast was good. At first i book one night online but when i saw the hotel i extended my accommodation to two nights. If i visit niagara again i will book their.

Stayed October 2013